Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: New Balance Men's ML574 Varsity Sneaker
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 8, 2012
New Balance is known as one of the few sneakers available in wider widths, but I sent back two pairs that were not wide despite being marked as such. In fact, they were actually narrower than my Pumas, which have a reputation as being very narrow shoes in the first place. Might just have been this batch. The shoes really do look great though.
on October 24, 2014
I have been wearing New Balance for years and this is the first time a 10.5 US fit too snug in the toes. I've seen others suggest that New Balance has shrunk the "toe box" and that would seem to be accurate. Best check at your local store before ordering if you might need to order one size up.
on February 13, 2014
I love this model of new balance, 574. It is my favorite. This deep red color is also one of my favorites. I don't wear a color like this a lot, just once or twice a month.

Well made shoe, this model has a hard plastic piece on the back of it where the heel meets the sole, called the encap. This helps the shoe stay together longer for extended use, the two pieces won't separate or come unglued very easily.

Comfortable for day to day use, I don't know about running in them as I don't do it. I believe they are marketed as a fashion sneaker and I believe that's just what they are.
on July 30, 2014
As the other reviewers mentioned these shoes stand out in a nice way. All my coworkers and strangers would compliment on how cool they look. It's super edgy in a superhero sense and really stylish.

I generally wear around 10.5 or 11 and I'm glad I got it in the latter. It can get pretty snug and damn is it awesome for running! :)
The materials used in making this shoe feels really well done, I can definitely feel the love put into making it, really nice craftsmanship. Colors stay very vibrant. My only icky feeling about it is how much branding is one it, I swear, there's either an "N" or "new balance" on 3 sides of the shoes--but that can be fixed by wearing jeans to cover most of it haha.
on May 14, 2014
My husband really loves his new sneakers. I wasn't sure he would like New Balance but I'm glad to say I was wrong. He bought the blue and look great on. im sure when the time comes to buy a new pair he will definitely buy New Balance again. Thank you..
on May 26, 2014
There's nothing fancy about these shoes but I bought another pair about two years ago and they held together nicely for over a year. I wouldn't spend more than 50 on the 574's, but if you can find them for under 40 like I did, they're a comfortable steal.
on May 1, 2014
I have never needed anything other than a regular width shoe ... except with the NB ML574 I do. The size 10 D is proper length, but WAY too tight on width. I have been wearing Merrell Jungle Moc's for a few yrs and these shoes don't feel especially comfortable in contrast. But I wasn't able to give them a decent evaluation because they were too narrow. A disappointment, better luck next time.
on October 19, 2013
Everybody comments on these shoes! What I like best is that they are ORANGE and stand out when I am riding my motorcycle. These shoes say, "Hey, look at me!" so people are aware of the me on the motorcycle and don't change lanes into me (most of the time anyway).
on October 13, 2014
These are some of the most comfortable shoes I own. I had been looking for some red ones for some time since I own several pairs of new balance sneakers already. The price could not be beat. Hoping for another sale....
on January 8, 2013
Having reviewed numerous other styles of 'casual' type sneakers, I opted to go with several pairs of this New Balance style, in different colors. While I favor the Navy / Grey color style a bit more, this color scheme is just as stylish and just as comfortable... and after several weeks of wear, I haven't any complaints. I would consider this an excellent choice for casual footwear.

See 1 answered question