Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: New Balance Men's MW411 Hook and Loop Walking Shoe
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 2, 2013
It was what I expected. I had done research on ordering half size larger that was specified in my research for NEW BALANCE.
If I had ordered the size that I wear I would have been very unhappy. You need to make a note when ordering the NEW
BALANCE shoes that would save a lot of return processing.
on July 15, 2014
Looks like the quality I used to get for forty bucks (decades ago) now costs sixty. Am disabled, thus appreciate the Velcro belts. Very comfortable, and the solid white looks great, not ostentatious like so many running shoes. Leather uppers are a must for me; synthetic ones lead to excessive foot sweating and odor. No such problems with leather - figured this out when I was a teen and tried to get by with cheap shoes. This shoe clicks all the right boxes for me - leather uppers, attractive appearance, comfortable fit true to size, and Velcro fasteners from a quality maker, New Balance.. Great shoe, well worth the reasonable price.
on March 27, 2014
The top velcro fastener is too short. I read about this in several reviews . I wonder why New balance doesn't ger the message.
on October 12, 2013
I've had trouble finding shoes to fit since New Balance dropped the AL-1 last. This shoe (I wear a 12 EEEE) fits perfectly with the DSL-2 last. I've seen other reviews complaining about the hook and loop fastening but it doesn't bother me at all. Finally - a comfortable and quality shoe at a reasonable price. Kudos!

UPDATE 11/02/2013

After looking on the New Balance website and not finding this shoe listed, I assume that it has been discontinued so I ordered another pair from Amazon. Same comments apply but now I have some to last a little longer!
on October 20, 2013
I have been a New Balance customer for years. I like the feel of their shoes for casual usage. The size is not what they were in the past. Be sure and order a size larger for the best fit. I used to wear a 9 EEE, now I wear their 10 EEEE and they fit fine. The soles wear better than the stitching for me. Mine always come apart at the sides after a year or so of constant usage. I get catalogs from a shoe company and find the ones I like then come to Amazon and buy them for the same or lower price. Ordering from the catalog takes two weeks or more to get the shoes but with Prime I get them in two work days.
on February 8, 2014
these walking shoes are smaller and narrower than the same type and style previously purchased. I like the style so I will try a larger size.
on February 14, 2014
I ordered these shoes because my previous tennis shoes were extremely worn down - they were over 10 years old! I wanted a shoe that was easy to take on and off, which is why I went with the velcro straps instead of traditional lace ups. I am glad I made that decision, because I have to take my shoes on and off quite frequently. The shoe is a little too big. I ordered a 10, but I really wear a 9 1/2.I ordered a half size larger than normal because I read on other reviews of New Balance that their shoes run 1/2 size too small. The larger size does not bother me because it is not a very big difference. The shoe is very comfortable to wear. I do like it - and the price was excellelent.
on March 10, 2014
Fit snug, finally found a pair Velcro strap shoes that are not too wide as most in stores are very wide. Medium width, which these are, are getting harder to find with the Velcro straps. The top strap needs to be one half inch longer ! Other wise like them even though I haven't worn them outside yet.
on June 19, 2014
I've wore New Balance shoes for probably about the last 15 years. The past few years I hadn't wore them so regularly. I just had a pair i used as my dirty shoes.
I got these because where I work, various oils get on our shoes. After about a month, your shoe strings are so saturated by oil, that everytime you tie your shoes, you got to wash your hands because they're marked up with oil. That's why i went with Velcro.
The shoe itself. Not the New Balance I remember. Since I hadn't bought a pair of NB in about 3 years, I tried on a pair at the shoe store to verify my sizing. I had to go a half size larger than what I used to wear. The pair as a 500 series shoe selling for $50. It was everything I remembered about a NB shoe. It was like walking on a cloud. Anyone who buys New Balance shoes knows that feeling, it's so sweet. If that shoe I tried on had velcro, I would've gotten it. Knowing my size, I got home and ordered these . . . a 400 series shoe for $60. Not thrilled about the price, but it's velcro and stores around here don't carry velcro.
I get the shoe, and try it on and it fits perfect, but there's no, "walking on a cloud" feeling. It feels like a basic $30 walmart shoe. It's nothing like the new balance I remember. I wonder if I should have tried the 500 series shoe that sells on here for the same price, it's assembled in America also. I went with this because I liked the look of it better but if I had it to do over, I'd probably try the other one.
Don't get me wrong, they don't make my feet hurt, they just lack that feel of comfort that's usually synonymous with New Balance.
on June 24, 2014
I normally wear New Balance shoes because of wide sizes available. I got the hook and loop for easy off and on. The fit is fine. The shoes are comfortable. I use for casual walking, trips to store, driving and etc. I would not use for long walks or hikes. This is a good inexpensive shoe. I don't expect the shoes to last for years. My wife doesn't like the hook and loop fastening, but she doesn't have to wear them.