5.0 out of 5 stars Plantar Fascitis
Published 21 months ago by Sai Tatapudi

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had read Dude's review
I only wear New Balance and I normally wear 12 4E so that's what I ordered. These just arrived. Too short and too narrow. Clearly at least one size too small. Per Amazon policy, I'll have to eat the return shipping.

Made in China, by the way.
Published on October 17, 2010 by Thomist Reader

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had read Dude's review, October 17, 2010
This review is from: New Balance Men's MW512 Walking Service Shoe (Apparel)

Made in China, by the way.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor traction + too small, February 20, 2011
Rob Goff (Sarasota, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Balance Men's MW512 Walking Service Shoe (Apparel)
I purchased a pair of the New Balance 512 to replace my old New Balance 631 shoes. The old 631s were great: good traction on wet, slippery floors and comfortable.

I wore the 512s to work yesterday, and returned them to the store for a refund today. They were too small, but I could have swapped them for the next larger size. I returned them because the traction on the 512s is bad. The shoes felt unsafe, like I was walking on ice. A little water on the floor and I was losing my footing.

Do yourself a favor: if you work on wet floors, avoid this shoe.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoe but runs 1 size smaller, October 13, 2010
This review is from: New Balance Men's MW512 Walking Service Shoe (Apparel)
This is a nice shoe but they are smaller than tagged. Order 1 size larger if you want them to fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plantar Fascitis, December 12, 2012
Sai Tatapudi (Gilbert, Arizona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Balance Men's MW512 Walking Service Shoe (Apparel)
I am a 26 year old man and I had to be on my feet for atleast 15 hours lifting heavy solar panels. Also I had to walk 5 miles every day and finally I got plantar fascitis ( a severe foot pain) on both my feet. I have tried Nike and Reebok ( those colourful ziglites and realflexes), but nothing worked. I have tried custom soles, but still had severe pain. After much deliberation, I bought these (my first New Balance) and I was back running and working.

After 7-8 months of everyday use, I am feeling my plantar facitis muscles ache again. Will definitely order another pair. If you are also suffering from plantar fascitis, try these. Hopefully they will work for you too.

Sincerely
Sai Tatapudi

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy New Balance Shoes Revised, May 9, 2013
I purchased these shoes on Amazon and by the time I got around to trying them on it was too late to return them to Amazon. They were not what I had expected. They were sized small and the back lip was stiff. SO why do I give them 5 Stars? I e-mailed New Balance directly and they immediately offered to take them back and replace them with another model. No questions asked. I went to a local store and found a model and size that fit, then gave it to NB and they made good on their promise. Yes, I had to pay shipping as I returned these but that was it. I have always bought NB shoes and now I know why. This is a company that you can trust and that will insure that you are happy with their products.

BUY NEW BALANCE SHOES.

Aug. 2013. Putting lots of miles on these shoes and they are really comfortable. Required no break-in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Pair of New Balance Shoes I've Ever Bought!, October 14, 2012
Update: October 30, 2012: Well, I've worn these shoes for three weeks and they STILL hurt my feet like H, E, DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS! I never thought I'd pan a pair of New Balance shoes, and intend to try again with a different style, but these shoes are the WORST!

As you can read below, I found my feet sliding forward with every step, cramming my toes into the very tip of the shoes, pinching my big toe and two littlest toes painfully. Three weeks later, they're still doing it!

I guess it's too late to return these shoes, but next time, I'll return them quicker, you can be sure. I'm not sure what New Balance did wrong on these shoes, but not only are they still pinching my toes same as before, but the soles are breaking down on me. I know I'm a huge person, but I expect shoes to last a little while, anyhow! These things feel to my heels and soles like they're a year or more old instead of a few weeks!

Sorry, New Balance! I'm giving you another chance here, but these shoes are a totally bad experience!

October 14, 2012
I have been a long loyal customer of New Balance shoes as they are one of only a few places that offer shoes for my 15 4E feet, and I expected a typical experience, in that I would put on the shoe and feel a perfect fit save for a slight bit of rubbing on the sides (any shoe does that, doesn't it, until your shoe adjusts to your foot?) This is how my last couple of New Balance shoe purchases had treated me.

But when I tried walking in these shoes, I found my feet sliding forward into the shoe, cramming my toes into the very tip of the shoe, a poor fit for my big flapping meat-pads. I am living with this as best I can since I started wearing them about eight days ago, hoping that this is just a temporary experience with a new pair of shoes, but it does make me give this shoe one star less than the five I had expected of New Balance. If my feet stayed where I put them when I donned the shoe, this would not be a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars shoes, June 19, 2012
These shoes always satisfy, consistent life, consistent comfort and very good traction,these shoes are exactly what they say they are- the only issue was i purchased a size to small so I won't be able to wear them. boo

5.0 out of 5 stars 512 shoes, September 10, 2011
This review is from: New Balance Men's MW512 Walking Service Shoe (Apparel)
Order 1/2 size larger.... I love these shoes! On my feet in food industry all day. No break-in needed and that was a surprise. I will buy again, this time on Amazon because they're 10 bucks cheaper!

5.0 out of 5 stars A service industry must have!, February 24, 2014
R. Garcia (Baltimore, MD) - See all my reviews
Comfortable shoe, I'm a bartender and stand 14 + hours a night and this shoe helps me do it! Anti slip properties as well really help on slick floors. Fit well and true to size, I wear a 12 EE and ordered just that with no issues. Buy them you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars NB Work shoes, February 13, 2013
I need non-slip soles for work and use orthotic inserts. This is a nice find as it allows me to do both and comes in EE widths. My favorite work shoe.

New Balance Men's MW512 Walking Service Shoe