New Balance Men's MW968 Country Walking Shoe,Black,7 4E US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Synthetic sole
- Lace-up walking shoe in seam-sealed waterproof construction and water-resistant leather
- Padded collar
- External heel support
- ABZORB shock-absorbing cushioning
- Slip-resistant, non-marking outsole
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Seam-sealed waterproof leather repels moisture to keep feet dry and comfortable.
- Dual-Density Collar uses both a softer-density foam against the foot for cushioning and a firmer-density foam for support.
- Removable premium foam insert offers high density, open-cell foam to gently conform to the foot and disperse pressure.
- Central lacing system with reinforced metallic eyelets for great fit and feel.
- Padded, gusseted tongue for added comfort and helps keep debris out.
- External heel counter enhances rearfoot stability.
- STABILITY WEB® delivers midfoot support and reduces the weight of the shoe.
- ABZORB® cushioning in the midfoot provides shock absorption.
- C-CAP® midsole provide cushioning and support.
- Slip-resistant outsole meets the ASTM F1677-96 standard on the Mark II Machine.
- Non-marking rubber outsole won't mark floors.
- Weight: 1 lb 1 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 11. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
New Balance, is dedicated to helping athletes achieve their goals. It's been their mission for more than a century. It's why they don't spend money on celebrity endorsements. They spend it on research and development. It's why they don't design products to fit an image. They design them to fit. New Balance is driven to make the finest shoes for the same reason athletes lace them up: to achieve the very best.
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds
- ASIN: B005UVNV6O
- Item model number: MW968 Country Walking-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 15, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
These shoes are firm like hiking boots (I used Lowa Renegades last)and have a cushioned feel like running shoes. The soles seem to work well when walking from a wet surface such as a rainy sidewalk, onto a dry surface such as a marble floor. My knees and arches are feeling much better because of the reduced trauma to them.
I am not sure whether these are genuine leather or synthetic leather.
I recommend them.
One more thing, I ordered 4E because that was all that was available in wides, and they fit like 2E, so this model must run a bit small.
That was the case until now. Theses new NB MW968 shoes are perfect and now my all-time favorite pair of shoes! Perfect fit for my long and wide feet. Perfect amounts cushioning surround the entirety of both my feet. The "brown" coloring is perfectly neutral and they work with shorts or jeans, t-shirts or polos, slim socks or thick. Good for mild hiking or just everyday walking on any surface. There is nothing wrong with them from my point of view, and like all of the other NB shoes I have owned, I only expect them to get better as I continue to wear them and break them in.
I definitely recommend these shoes to anyone looking for a great pair of all-purpose walking shoes!
Note: Know your sizes for NB shoes! If possible, go to a local NB retail store and get measured using their custom shoe sizer. You will typically save about $10 buying their shoes via the NB store on Amazon compared to prices and taxes charged in their own retail and online stores. If you typically get running or tennis shoes from NB, add 1/2 to the size (length) for their walking shoes. If you have very wide feet, consider the 4E width, or consider the 2E width for just wider than normal feet.
While walking or standing, the overall stiffness probably contributed to the discomfort in the collar.
New Balance is an excellent company.
One word of warning to prospective buyers - learn about shoe lasts. New Balance uses a number of different lasts. This shoe uses a narrow heel, deeper toe box, wider width and has a high instep. This last is MOL-01. This last and the SL-2 last are perfect for me but may not be right for you.
UPDATE 7/12/13.: After 2 days of trying to wear these shoes, I had to return them for the next size larger. This is the first time in my 50+ years I've ever had to wear a size 14, not to mention 4E! (I usually wear size 13/2E.) These shoes are good, but DEFINITELY TOO SMALL! You should order accordingly.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I ordered 9 1/2 and they fit my feet perfect. I think they are actually 9 1/4 (which nobody makes) I had ordered exact shoe a year ago and it seemed a little long. Read morePublished 1 month ago by jon clemons
My husband said that they are stiff and the quality of the shoe is not the same.Published 4 months ago by L.F.
My husband uses these for work- he loves them. He says they are super comfortable and like walking on pillows. Read morePublished 11 months ago by sherrylp
I need to add orthotics to my shoes so no shoe provides enough arch support Bought these for a cruise to Alaska to keep my feet dry. Worked perfectly!Published 11 months ago by John M. Hardaway