4.0 out of 5 stars A good basic tight
These are a great running tight. I think some complaints are that they are a little on the larger side, and thus don't offer as much compression.

Published on August 25, 2010 by Augi

3.0 out of 5 stars Thinner than my other tights and size runs LARGE
I have a 32" waist and 32" inseam. The large is definitely too big for me. I thought the other reviewer, who commented about these being not so good for cold weather, was just being a wuss. Possible, but then so am I, it turns out. These are fine for me down to about 25 degrees, but colder than that they don't do enough to keep the wind out.
Published on February 23, 2010 by Just Jon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A good basic tight, August 25, 2010
Augi (Los Angeles, CA.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Balance Men's Go 2 Tight (Apparel)

I own a lot of tights of different styles, fabrics, & compression strengths. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. While you aren't getting as much compression with the New Balance Go 2 Tight, you are getting comfort. They do their job of providing adequate support, feel great on the legs/muscles, have wicking technology to keep you cool & dry, and provide reflectivity for nighttime runs.

Others complain that they aren't good for cold weather. These are not meant as a cold weather tight. They're for warm weather to slightly cool weather. Living in Southern Cali, they're perfect since we don't get that super-cold weather. If you want a foul weather winter tight, look for thermal tights (they're offered by New Balance, Under Armour, Nike, CW-x, etc.)

They do well as a basic tight to run or work out in. They provide adequate support and feel good on the legs/muscles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for winter running, February 14, 2010
Excellent tights. I used them throughout 2009-2010 including a 5 mile race at near-zero Fahrenheit. They were comfortable at temperatures up to 50 degrees.

5.0 out of 5 stars men's running tights, January 27, 2010
These are great pants for chilly weather but not for cold weather as they are not very thick. Perfect for 45 or 50 degrees or so.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the low price fool you - these are legit., September 10, 2012
Are these compression tights? Nope. Don't get your hopes up. But they're a great layer for running in. I actually used these to complete my Batman costume for a Warrior Dash 5k mud-run. They held up well in all the mud, and washed clean afterwards. And they looked great to boot. Just don't pay more than $16 for these - that's what Sierra Trading Post is charging. I was screwed by SportsShoes Unlimited and paid about $30, but it's my own fault for not doing my homework. Live and learn, right?

3.0 out of 5 stars Thinner than my other tights and size runs LARGE, February 23, 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Size issues but overall seems comfortable, January 23, 2013
First thing to note - SportShoes is a UK based company and as such, even though this is advertised as large, it is a UK large which is a US medium. The shipping (since it was from the UK) took longer than expected too, however not outside the range they said, so if you want these for the winter, buy them soon or there won't be much winter left.

Even though it is a size too small, they still fit well. Makes running in the winter much more bearable and for the price, you really can't beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars running tights, October 2, 2011
My son runs junior high cross country and due to his size I was unable to find running tights to fit him. I could not find any made for "youth" just men or women. I did find these and they came in an xsmall and xxsmall which was great. I was able to use the company's size guide to figure out what size to order (3inches between sizes). My son wears a 12 slim and was able to wear the xsmall mens leggings, they fit length and waist. Also liked the draw string waist. They are very good quality as well. I hope this helps others that are struggling to find running tights to fit their "youth"

4.0 out of 5 stars Covers the basics, performs as expected, September 19, 2011
This review is from: New Balance Men's Go 2 Tight (Apparel)
These are not the best tights I own. That title goes to the Saucony AmpPro2 Training Tight. These New Balance tights, however, do have a few advantages over other tights on the market. First of all, depending on when and where you buy them, these are anywhere from one-third to one-fifth of the price of "average" tights, and an even lower percentage of a few other high-end compression and wicking tights. They offer good comfort, decent compression, and some insulation from the cold. There are no frills, other than a few reflective seams and logos to help with visibility issues late at night or early in the morning. The fabric is comfortable, flexible, and stretchy without bunching up, pulling, and overlapping. They are comfortable enough to sleep in, however, they do not provide the recovery effects of some tights and they didn't help with any of my strains or runner's knee. (Some companies advertise "recovery" tights, and some of those do help with injuries.) The New Balance brand is reputable, so it's no surprise what these tights do well: keep my legs warm enough in cool weather, stay comfortable, and look good. In short, there is really nothing much special about these tights, other than they offer a lower price point for entry into the world of performance running gear and they deliver good, but not great, performance for that cost, making it a solid four star product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing Standards, March 12, 2013
The tights are as I expected--I have been wearing this brand for years--but, unfortunately I did not realize that foreign sizing was used so the medium (US size) that I ordered came as small, (foreign size medium becomes US size small). As a result my wife got a new pair of tights. So next time I'll order large--hoping it will arrive in medium (US size). Since I have always bought my tights in a local store, sizing is not a problem because I can try them on. You should have a notice about the different sizing standards.

3.0 out of 5 stars sizing EU vs UK vs US, February 18, 2013
L. W. Peterson (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
Great tight. Foot holes are a bit small. As a US customer, I ordered a medium, and received a UK sized medium (US size small). I'm 6'4" and 200 lbs. Luckily, I am chicken-legged so these fit but barely. Ultimately they are functioning as compression tights for a fraction of the cost.

I've been wearing them on my bike for cold-weather commuting under rain pants. Seem to hold up okay so far.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›