Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on June 21, 2015
The only reason I am giving this product one Star has nothing to do with Amazon or actually New Balance exactly. In the last two weeks I have been through 4 pairs of this particular model of New Balance sneakers. I am a longtime New Balance & Amazon Fan. However after getting 2 pairs of these for my dad and myself. they had the same defect on all 4 shoes. The outside stitching on the arch side of each foot is not well-done and they unravel after a few days of wearing them. Amazon was great and sent out two new pairs before we even got to send back the first two. Sadly the next two pairs did the exact same thing even sooner. It is disappointing as this color scheme is great. But Amazon was great and after my complaint and some other similar ones they assured me they are bringing this to the attention of their Quality control department. I noticed that they have not pulled these shoes from being sold. So I feel the right thing to do is to post this as a BUYER BEWARE!!! Hopefully, New Balance will get these shoes remade and I can buy them again someday. They were very comfortable too Argg.
review image
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2014
I got these after my old New Balance 610 trail running shoes got worn down to the guts and they are sooooo comfortable! They're a little heavier than my 610's but I think because they have more sole padding. Some say that they run a half size small, but I didn't notice this. I normally get size 10.5 and the 10.5 in these is right on. I did, however, get 4E width, so that may have something to do with it.
on May 10, 2015
The shoes were delivered approximately 30 days ago and the side on the right shoe has ripped out. Amazon's policy is not to replace after 30 days from placing order. At the cost of $75 I would expect New Balance shoes to last longer than 30 days. These shoes have only been worn in the evening or on weekends because work boots are worn on a daily basis at my place of employment. The shoes show little, to no wear on the soles, but the side is ripped. I expected replacement.
review image review image review image
on April 23, 2014
These particular New Balance seems to run a half size small. I would suggest ordering 1/2 or 1 size larger.
11 comment14 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2015
I have been a loyal New Balance customer for over 20 years. I have been wearing the classic 990's. I wanted to try out a less expensive pair so I bought a pair of M680's. I thought I had realistic expectations: I didn't expect the support or durability of the 990 which is twice the price. On the other hand, I didn't expect the threads to start unraveling from the M680 within three weeks and the support to be so poor that the shoe, as it is broken in, began to feel more like a slipper then an athletic show. I'm very disappointed that New Balance would corrupt their brand equity with this shoddy quality. Thank you Amazon for excellent customer service in accepting the return.
review image
on June 13, 2014
I've purchased new ballance in the past and they have always fit just fine, but this one seemed to run a size and a half smaller. In addition the width was off. I was supposed to be a 4E, but felt more like a 3E. Other than that I liked that shoes, they were very nice, airy and felt great other than being a little too small.
on April 30, 2014
I am an honest 11 EE. I have been measured by pro's on several occasions.

Many years ago I took an 11 4E in New Balance running shoes. More recently I have had to move to 11 1/2 4E due to NB making their shoes smaller. Before I bought these 680s, I tried on a pair of 580s in a local store and concluded I might now need a 12 4E.

The new 12 4E is, in fact, shorter and narrower than my four-year old 760s in 11 1/2 4E. But, the new 680s seem like they will be OK.

So, actual 11 EE takes a 12 EEEE in the NB 680.

That said, the shoe is a bit narrow for me and my foot does not fit as "deep" into the shoe as it did in the 760s.

The 760s were great.

So, I now have about a dozen 1-hour runs on these shoes. I weigh ~ 210, run 100% on pavement, pretty slow. The shoes are fine, probably in the top-25% of shoes I've run in. Their forte is cushioning; the down-side is stability. They are fine on pavement. They would be less good on dirt, I think.

I expect, in the long run, I will like them a lot less than the 760...but, that was a top-5% shoe for me.

UPDATE #1

I put these shoes into service on 1 May 2014. It is now November 2015. I run an hour on these shoes every 4th day...except in the winter. I weigh ~210 pounds. The shoes have been fine. Each shoe has a 1.5" diameter hole worn in the inner liner at the heels...for some reason, those big holes are not uncomfortable. They do seem to cause my socks to wear out right there. I have never had previous shoe/sock wear at the heels.

I am continuing to use them and will report back.
on June 22, 2014
Profile: 8:45min/mile 4 miler. Run mostly on pavement, med/high arch, underpronator, moderate heel striker, need decent cushion in the heel and mid/forefoot area. I've tried forefoot running, and it is not my thing, and never will be.

Shoes I've tried and gone; not missed.

Mizuno Wave Rider 16
Asics Gel-Nimbus 15
Ascis Gel-Cumulus 16
Saucony Kinvara 4
Saucony Grid Cohesion 7
Adidas Supernova Sequence 6

So, it came as a quite the surprise when I tried New Balance 680 V2. Right away the shoe felt great on my feet. Light and plenty of cushions at where I needed them the most. However, I could see how this shoe doesn't provide a whole lot of structural support for those who runs on trails with uneven pavements. Just ran 5k in this shoe right out of the box and it felt great. I didn't even use my airr insole which I normally do with other running shoes. Will try with the insole on next run. So far, my feet and legs feel great after the run, and the shoe provided more than adequate support for the run. The price was great from the local store, and it was hard to pass up the price.
22 comments12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2014
I've always depend on new balance due its size and 2e as its always difficult for me buy locally, only way get my size is order online and save few bucks. As years went by, noticed, inserts becoming cheaper and cheaper, since then iI been buying inserts to replace the cheap ones, seems new balance, other companies has been looking for ways to make profits by going cheaper materials. These shoes are good one and pretty light. After changing inserts, became better shoes. Pro and cons when comes to cheaper shoes, depending on persons feet. New balance always been good. I would recommend these shoes.
on April 4, 2015
I typically wear New Balance shoes because I have a wide foot (4E). In fact they are usually the only ones that fit comfortably. Most of the tims when I switch models, I will buy my first set at a local New Balance store where I can get them fit well, and then purchase replacement pairs from Amazon. This time, I decided to just buy directly from Amazon. When they arrived, I tried them on but the width was way too narrow (compared to a normal New Balance 4E) so I have to return them.. Next time I'll stick with my normal shoe buying approach. Good thing Amazon has free returns on their shoes.