1,360 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Snug
We ordered 4E width Men's New Balance walking shoes. They were not as wide as we would have expected. My husband wasn't able to completely close the Velcro closure. But they provide excellent support and will probably stretch out. They do seem to run a tiny bit on the small size, though.
Published on March 23, 2011 by Ellen Truitt

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT the same as 575 and 576 - hurt my feet
Published on June 20, 2011 by peter stauber

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT the same as 575 and 576 - hurt my feet, June 20, 2011
This review is from: New Balance Men's MW577 Walking Shoe (Apparel)
i have been wearing the 575 and then the 576 for a couple years and when i would step into a nice new pair, I could feel all the support enveloping my feet. It was like walking on air!! Not so with the 577!! I put on a new pair after my last 576 wore down and they felt no support at all. i have worn them a couple weeks and they hurt my feet and back. i put back on my old 576 and they have more support than the new 577!! why did they change a good thing and mess it up!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Snug, March 23, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars NB Men's Walking Shoe MW577, June 4, 2011
The width and length are just right for my husband's size 12 D's. We knew New Balance fit him well and we also needed the velcro closure which is a rare find in stores. These shoes are tried and true, as he's had 3 similar pairs and they wear extremely well.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd pair, great shoe for the money, July 31, 2012
My husband has a very high instep and wider foot, and very hard for him to find comfortable shoes. These have the velcro closure which makes them adjustable, which is great for those who have problems fitting comfortably in shoes. Cushioned well, easy to get on your foot, and well made. They are great walking shoes, comfortable, need no break in time, and are very durable. He uses them not only to walk when we go out, but on the treadmill several times a week. Each pair has lasted him over a year with high use with no problems. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good quality - a must have shoe for me, January 14, 2012
Surviving a stroke and then having hand/finger arthritis accelerate my condition. I can now just slip these on and I'm off in a flash. They clean up well with a sponge and I can rely on years of strong lasting service. They are their own fashion statement and fit very well into my casual existence and style. five stars out of five These are my fourth pair - I make sure to have a spare pair handy

4.0 out of 5 stars They are fine walking shoes, November 17, 2011
This review is from: New Balance Men's MW577 Walking Shoe (Apparel)
I have been wearing them for about 2 months now.
I walk about 6 miles per week.
They fit true too size and are comfortable.
I'm not sure what the negative feedback people are talking about but they have plenty of toe room and did not hurt my feet even when new.
I even use them for my son who has Autism and cannot tie sneakers.

2.0 out of 5 stars straps too short, January 24, 2012
This review is from: New Balance Men's MW577 Walking Shoe (Apparel)
The straps on these shoes are not long enough for my feet and the top ones in particular need at least another inch leading to difficulty in fastening and sometimes opening in use. Otherwise quality would would rate 3.5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best walking shoe around, July 1, 2012
I bought these shoes for my dad and he won't wear anything else except for special occasions. He loves them. They last a long time and have a special bar in them that balances the foot so they don't wear out on the sides.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!, October 18, 2011
Having found on Amazon reviews that the New Balance style of shoe I had been ordering online for work every year was now poorly made, I tried another style of New Balance shoe.

I don't know what happened with their sizing, but this shoe was sized at least one size too small compared with the size of NB shoe I had been buying. Since NB shoes have so much padding it was hard to tell until wearing them for a while that they were too small.

Also for supposedly having room for toes to move like a walking shoe, the shoe pushed uncomfortably diagonally on my big toe. I didn't expect them to be Birkenstocks, but a walking shoe should at least not cramp your toes.

If you buy these, do it in a store so the sizing is right.

Or buy Reeboks like I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, December 15, 2011
I took my right size accurately found the shoe excellent and very comfortable beside looking good it,s Enjoyable to walk

New Balance Men's MW577 Walking Shoe