5.0 out of 5 stars MUCH MORE THAN I HAD HOPED FOR!
I was looking for a sturdy yet comfortable athletic shoe that I would be able to wear for many hours at a time, either at the lab or while on vacation. Hence I would not accept anything that did not have special cushioning for both heel and forefoot.
Published on January 19, 2009 by NeuroSplicer

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay I guess, but not if you're replacing MX621
This shoe might be okay in its own right, but I was led to believe that it was an upgrade to the 621. It is an entirely different shoe, although it looks similar.

The biggest difference is in the toe box, which is much narrower than the 621, even in 4E size.

I sure wish that they still made the 621. I am now on a search for a replacement.
Published on October 17, 2008 by Claude Dohrn

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay I guess, but not if you're replacing MX621, October 17, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars MUCH MORE THAN I HAD HOPED FOR!, January 19, 2009
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: New Balance Men's MX622 Training Shoe (Apparel)
At the same time I wanted something that would not clash too much with a sports jacket. Hence the search for a total black look.

For years I had been an exclusive NIKE customer when it came to athletic shoes but that brand has no all-black AIR MAX 360 (which was what I was looking for at first). Then I came across the NEW BALANCE 622 and did not regret giving them a try (disregard the mini-picture: it comes also in black).

This model indeed has special cushioning for both heel and forefoot (a copyrighted system called Abzorb®) and the sole design hags the foot from all angles. It feels solid yet light, sturdy yet flexible. I especially like the upper curvature of the sole in the front, whereas I really appreciated the availability of three sizes of wideness.

My only gripe is that some of the eyelets are plastic. Now, they are not flimsy and none has even demonstrated a tendency to brake so far - but I 'd rather have metal trimmed eyelets peace of mind anytime.

A student of mine commented that NEW BALANCE is the brand that Steve Jobs wears exclusively and I was...strutting for almost a day before I found out that APPLE's creative genius favors the...991 model.

Anyway, computer moguls preferences non-withstanding, over the past months I found myself wearing this pair much more than I though. No wonder back-pain specialists recommend NEW BALANCE shoes.

RECOMMENDED!

4.0 out of 5 stars New Balance MX622 shoes, October 24, 2008
This is a good overall shoe for walking around or light training. It is by no means a running shoe but it is very comfortable for walking.

I ordered them in size "E" and they came in as a "2E". I called the dealer and was told they are considered an E and that is the way they come.

???? but the fit was o.k. so I kept them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Up to Snuff, October 21, 2008
This review is from: New Balance Men's MX622 Training Shoe (Apparel)
Up to now I never had a problem with New Balance through the many years I've bought them. However I put these shoes on and immediately noticed the toe box was too small (even with a size 11 4E) cutting right above my toes. What was even stranger was I also bought a pair of the brown/green version at the same time and have had no problem...as I said strange.
New Balance Men's MX622 Training Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars New Balance MX622, February 19, 2009
Francis D. Groboski (Lisbon, Maryland USA) - See all my reviews
This particular casual shoe was purchased by recommendation of an exceptionally great orthopedic surgical wing at a local hospital, as a post foot-surgery first pair of shoes. These crosstrainers are comfortable from step one and provide the lateral support required by the specialists. And they are reasonably priced. A great shoe from New Balance.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, March 3, 2010
Joseph Dixon "ffocusjoe" (WASHINGTON, DC United States) - See all my reviews
I've had a couple months now to wear and workout in the MX622's. My first impression was that they looked good and felt really comfortable when I put them on. However, as soon as I left comfort of my carpet and stepped outside I realized that the shoes were not as cushioned as they look.

For everyday wear and walking they are fine. At the gym and working out, they MX622's were a let down. Please don't try to run, jog, or do aerobics in these shoes. There just isn't enough support.

I gave them 3 stars for the overall functionality (walking and general wear) and the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to find, April 4, 2012
Several years ago, New Balance discontinued the 622 cross-trainers, replacing them with the 623. I bought a pair of the 623's since they were recommended by the salesperson at my local New Balance store. The 623 is inferior to the 622. I exercise regularly, and to put it mildly, the newer model 623 is uncomfortable. Wearing the new model 623, my feet and legs hurt after exercising. Not so, with the 622 cross-trainers. I consider myself lucky to have found a pair of the 622's through Amazon. They were comfortable the first time I wore them and continue to serve me well. I wish they were still generally available. They're getting harder and harder to find.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hope it's not going away, March 25, 2011
NLK (Plano, Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Balance Men's MX622 Training Shoe (Apparel)
My son, who wears a size 16 EEEE, has made this his everyday shoe for the past few years. It fits his wide foot very well. Doesn't last too long, he usually needs a new pair every 4 months or so, but affordable options for his size foot are limited and we're generally happy with this product. Unfortunately, it looks like the 622 is being phased out and replaced with the 623. We DON'T like the 623, which has a different sole that offers NO traction whatsoever. Please bring back the 622!

4.0 out of 5 stars Take time to break in, May 30, 2009
I needed black shoes for work. These are not as comfortable as other New Balance shoes I owned. They take time to break in. Construction seems cheaper than past NB shoes. But for me wearing these beats wearing normal shoes at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding shoe (no pun intended), January 12, 2011
This review is from: New Balance Men's MX622 Training Shoe (Apparel)
This is a great shoe. It is the most comfortable shoe I have worn, and it stands up very well to constant wear and use for years.

A pair of Thorlo combat boot socks and these shoes are just about foot heaven. From 90 degree heat in August to single digit Winter temperatures, these shoes have proven themselves to me, over and over again. Granted, they are not hiking boots, waterproof, or insulated, but for a regular street shoe/cross-trainer, they always perform above and beyond. They are my first choice in all but the most extreme weather, or when sandals come out in Summer. My feet thank me every day I wear these.

They stand up well to snow unless it is nearly melted slush, and have as good traction on ice as any shoe I have owned for the last 30 years. They do not do well in water over about 1 inch deep, being mostly leather.

I have owned three pair, and the fit and quality are very consistent. I love the fact that New Balance continues to stock styles over long periods of time, instead of changing their shoes with every change in wind direction. That kind of consistency earns my loyalty.

Shoes are very personal, given the differences in people's feet, and I have tried dozens of styles from nearly as many manufacturers. When I find something that works, I stick with it, and these shoes work very well for me.

I will buy these shoes as long as they are still made, and I encourage others to try them.

New Balance Men's MX622 Training Shoe