Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 13, 2014
I wear a 2E size. This were way to tight even ordering 1/2 size larger than I normally wear. After a workout, the outside edge of my foot was red and painful. Highly disappointed in the quality control New Balance has had lately.
on April 13, 2015
Let me quickly get the good part outta the way.

Pros: Looks good
Feels sturdy
Material -- though synthetic, does not feel cheap.

Now, I purchased this footwear on the singular fact that the YouTube infomercial hyped up it's superior lateral support construction that would be invaluable during side-to-side motion -- as I often engage in during my Insanity workouts. And in that regard this trainer nails it.

And that's it.

It didn't check the boxes in other areas I was looking at -- in terms of functionality.
Overall very stiff outsole makes flexing of the balls-of-feet difficult during such exercises as burpees, and plank positioning. Some have complained that it's too narrow and I, for one did not experience that. But I did consistently experience a "rolling out" of my foot, as if it's about to come out of the shoe.

Some of the cons I've highlighted are subjective opinions because while I might want a trainer with more flex during pushups, some might want it more stiff. So, it all boils down to what each individual is looking for. To buttress this point, let me add that I also purchased the New Balance MX00 (the black with blue trims). Now this other trainer does not feel or look as sturdy as the one I'm reviewing, yet I love it. It's lightweight (a must for me), feels super comfy, and just seems to move with every digit of my foot.

This isn't a bad trainer per say. It just didn't feel like it was meant for my foot.
on February 27, 2014
These are the first shoes I have bought off the internet. I love NB shoes, and thought I was familiar with their fit. But, these have a different feel. They are more snug, which I like, but people with wide feet won't. The heel also has a different feel from other NB, which I find too low for my foot. I find the cushion too spongy, as well. Also, the laces were totally frayed at the ends. I had to throw them out and use ones from the shoes I was throwing out. They forgot to put the plastic coating on them. Weird.
on April 30, 2015
UPDATE: The 'smallish' nature of the shoe unfortunately forced me to return it as I could not get a larger size; the fit wasn't getting any better! If you can get the right size (1 full size up from your normal shoe size), it is STILL an excellent product IMHO!)

ORIGINAL Review:
I wear my regular shoes at size 12 and usually try to go .5-1 size up for my Sneakers; since I couldn't get the 12.5 or 13 at the daily deal price, I gambled on the size 12 and so far for the first week of wear.....I'm hoping it breaks in more, than it feels today! :)
Couldn't pass on the DEAL as this was sold as an Amazon daily deal making it an extremely impressive value!! It is a very BEAUTIFUL pair of Sneakers, and feels quite solid and comfortable to walk in! Very light weight but yet, solid as a NB so far.....only time will tell on the durability. Bottom line, I'm very happy with the purchase especially the DEAL I got just before they ran out of my size!
on August 8, 2014
After reading many of the warnings I decided to bite as this shoe constantly comes up in searches regarding good shoes to work out in if you have Plantar Faciitis.

I bought 1 size larger and 1 size wider than what I normally wear and the show fit well. The main issue is the shoe is too thin and hurts the sides of your foot in the middle of the foot between the heal and the front ball joint of the front (big toe ball joint).
I normally wear a size 13 E or so depending on the shoe. I purchased this shoe in 14 2E and after playing a bit with how tight I needed to tie the show I was able to find a good fit that doesnt allow the show to move too much and doesn't squeeze/hurt my foot on the sides.

I have 1 workout under the belt with this show but it was 30min on an elliptical followed by 45 min of med-high intensity cross training followed by a 20 min walk. No issues what with the shoe as I had a "sufficient" amount of snugness w/out slipping in the show and w/out hurting/squeezing my foot.

I give 3 stars as its an "okay" shoe. If you didn't have to guess at the size it would get 4 stars, and the 5th star would come if the shoe didn't come in such an ugly 80's style color scheme. I swear I could wear Jams or bicycle shorts and be right at home in an 80's themed party or something. The color and design ugliness is simply my opinion so your shoe tastes may vary from mine quiet... to each their own :)
on June 25, 2014
Shoes looked great, were light and fit ok...initially. I ordered a 9D but didn't realize the were so narrow until I placed my feet on the ground and applied weight to them while walking. I immediately felt uncomfortable and took them off. I exchanged them for a 9E and now they fit great.
on November 21, 2014
I have two pairs so wear them mostly all day on a 11.5 hr shift. I like the men's fit rather than the women's fit because it seems like the shoes are made more sturdy, are usually cheaper and wider width.
on November 1, 2013
The New Balance Men's MX997v2 arrived in time and as ordered. New Balance fits my size exactly, not tight or loose. These New Balance Men's MX997v2 are replacing a pair of worn out New Balance Men's 797, which were the most comfortable pair of sneakers I’ve ever owned, even from New Balance. The MX997 are a hair behind them in overall comfort, (4 star vs 5 star for 797’s) providing better cushioning, but stiffer support. All in all good buy from Amazon, with a great shoe from New Balance.
on March 6, 2014
The fit of this shoe is nto as wide as there standard. Also the back support is to low and seems buffy so it seems to want to ride up. The insert is not tight.

I would stay away from this one
on January 21, 2015
Big disappointment. I usually wear a size 9 4E in New Balance, I read the comments about the sneaker running small so I ordered a size 9.5 wide and it was still too small. Buy a full size larger. These are headed right back to Amazon.