Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on June 27, 2012
I fell in love with my Minimus WT20 v1 and was waiting eagerly for the WT00 to come out. In a word: disappointing. The upper material (the main body of the shoe) is stiff and thin so it crinkles oddly and cuts into the metatarsals right at the base of the toes. I had a running injury shortly after adding these to my rotation. I can't be sure they were the reason, but I stopped using them and my injury went away. The light mesh the older versions used was far better. I've heard similar complaints from those who have tried the new generation of the WT20 (WT20 v2). Bad move, New Balance. Please go back to the older material!
on November 4, 2013
I found this shoe to be amazing, but I knew exactly what to expect. It's basically a glorified sock, and with the shoe inserts I added, they're more like a glorified padded sock.

I usually run 3-5 miles. Maybe twice or three times a week. I've never actually tried them on a trail, but they're perfect for pavement or a running surface. The shoes forced me to change my running stance a little, so I put less weight and impact on my knees. But that's exactly what I wanted. I'm almost 28, so the more I can do to help my 'aging' joints, the better.

The awesome thing about these sneakers is the weight. The shoes are super light -- just 7 ounces. They're so light and easy to compress that you can throw them in your bag to go to the gym or for runs when you're on a trip. I was pretty psyched to have them on a trip to Bali when I wanted to climb a volcano.

One problem I've noticed is durability. They're not super durable. I've had them for about 6 months now, but a tear has developed on the mesh upper.

The other problem is the price. I paid about $65 price (May 2013). which I was pretty happy about. But I'd be much less happy if I had paid the current price (November 2013) of $109.
on February 20, 2014
I needed a shoe that had a solid (for weightlifting) sole, no cushioning (so that my surface is stable when moving heavy things), and could double as a minimalist shoe for running (I run barefoot in the summer). This shoe is my dream come true. The one cautionary note is that you should not purchase this shoe unless you want your feet/ankles/calves to do all of the stabilization work. This was my intention and this shoe surpassed my expectations!
on December 28, 2012
Local New Balance store refused to carry these shoes saying they fell apart to easily. They also are miss sized being a half size bigger than the same shoe last tried on at New Balance store.
on July 4, 2012
These shoes are super light-weight and accommodate my wide feet very comfortably. I also like the security of the gripping soles. I like them so much that I bought another pair in the cherry tomato color.
on August 7, 2013
I wear these all the time, wether i'm going to class or working out. Very durable too, haven't fallen apart considering how much I wear them.

One con though is that, do not walk through water with them on. They let water in.
on January 5, 2015
The fit is as excepted from other New Balance minimus shoes. I've owned the New Balance Minimus WT20v1 Trail Running Shoe for about 3-4 years are they are still going strong, with the exception of a few tiny holes the toe mesh area. I've worn those shoes almost daily. It took me about a month to get used to the minimus shoe and for my calves not to feel sore anymore.

These shoes are lighter than the Minimus WT20v1 the toe box is quite roomy. Also, this shoe hugs the side of your foot around the mid-foot/arch area, but will probably stretch out a bit over time. The way the fabric over the toes bent felt very strange at first (a bit stiff and crunchy), but then I either got used to it or the material softened up a bit, so it's not a problem now. This shoe wouldn't be a good trail running shoe. The vibram sole doesn't cover the whole bottom of the shoe and if you step in damp grass or on a sharp rock, it will make your socks wet or you could possibly cut your foot. I knew this before I bought them, but I wanted more of an everyday shoe that was closer the The Vibram Five Fingers, but without getting all the unwanted stares that come with wearing them. Overall, I have been very pleased with this shoe for an everyday shoe and mostly indoor workout shoe.

Update: I had to return these shoes due to a manufacturing defect, but I would have kept them if there wasn't an issue. These shoes, as with other New Balance Minimus shoes with the same tread pattern, don't grip very well on wet surfaces, especially slick wet surfaces.
on May 2, 2013
I would recommend this product for an advanced runner. I was only starting to train in trail running when I purchased this pair. The color is great and they are washable after being exposed to mud. However, they don't have a lot of support, so the impact may be more on an inexperienced runner. but they mold well to the terrain, which sometimes means feeling every single rock underneath, but they are very light and I guess over time I can get used to them. I will try to find a pair with more ankle support to avoid any injuries.
on February 28, 2014
I started using minimal style shoes last year and it's worked great for me. These are my second pair so far. My first I bought by pure destiny at a sale rack for $40. My only criticism is that you can only wear these when it's dry out. Avoid even the shallowest of puddles because your feet will get damp. When I ran my first half marathon, I stepped on a shallow puddle the first mile and my feet were soaked the whole way! I stopped noticing after a while. I prefer to run long distances in these because it doesn't feel heavy even after the 8th mile. Also where the shoe naturally creases can cause a hole to form at the edge of the crease. I do wish this shoe was more sturdy in that way. Buying a second pair of sturdier minimal shoes can offset the early wear and tear for this pair. I'll likely wear these strictly for summer since it's light and breathable.
on March 6, 2015
I love minimus shoes for working out and weight training as I am more stable in them than shoes with thicker soles. I love how light weight New Balance shoes are and this is no exception. They are, however, a bit large, I would say about half size larger. I usually order a 6.5 (my true size) because I like the glove like fit (I wear them with thin socks). If worn with thick socks they are fine. I still love them.