Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on August 31, 2012
Great shoe made even better. From the comfortably sized toe-box, to the close fitting heel, with a comfy supportive foot bed in between, New Balance finally got it right. I've worn all iterations of this fine series (991,992,993) and the 990 is perfect, no need for New Balance to tinker with this beloved shoe anymore. And hey, its made in America to boot, or shoe, or whatever.
on October 9, 2012
These are excellent running shoes. However, this is just a comment that I was wearing W993 size 11D until the company replaced the 993 with the 990 which is a better shoe actually but now I have found that I have to wear a 10.5D. Perhaps a warning to your customers that there seems to be a change in sizing would save having to return the larger shoe as I did and replace it with the smaller size that now fits perfectly! As usual your customer service was excellent and I am always pleased with my products from you.
on May 31, 2013
I had to force myself to buy this expensive of a tennis shoe--I mean really???? This is a glorified sneaker!!!
But..it is also the first time I stepped into a shoe and it fit like a dream INSTANTLY! I have been having trouble with a backache, and so I was willing to experiment with most anything, even feeling like a fool to spend this kind of money.
I have to say, however, that the backache has not returned, and my feet feel very comfortable in these shoes.
So I give. If I have to spend this kind of money I will, as I have to be able to function in life--which is hard to do with a backache!
I don't know what they do to make a tennis shoe act like a therapeutic shoe, but whatever they did, it worked. I would recommend it whole heatedly. I have no worries about striking out on a hike in these shoes (and have recently). I am sure my back will be fine.
I just hope they last forever so that I don't have to think about buying them again at this price.
on August 19, 2015
i totally cant believe that items sold by Amazon.com LLC can be fake! i was really shocked by it
way too big than the shoes i have tried in the shoes store!
the label on the shoes peeled off easily and the picture printed on the label is different from others!
review image review image
on August 12, 2015
DO NOT BUY. After 4 months the soles rotted out. This is clearly a manufacturing defect as noted by others. NB customer service offered a $50 gift card for my $150 loss…what a joke.
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 28, 2012
I grew up not wearing tennis shoes but more comfort shoes. I have a friend though that knows New Balance like the back of his hand. He can see someone wearing a pair and he will ramble off the number of the shoe and if there is a newer version of the shoe. In the years I have known him, ALL he wears is New Balance. He upgrades them through the years and can tell you each pair he has owned or wants. It is odd to me someone knows that much about New Balance. Until now...

When these became available I was excited to try them out and to let my friend know I was now part of the club. I read the reviews first and was scared because it seemed people had issues with the toe box. I did not know to order 7, which I wear, or a half size up because I have what I think are wide toes, not feet, toes. I ordered the 7's and hoped they would fit. In the meantime I ordered a pair of Keen running shoes. The Keens had high reviews so I thought I was getting lucky with two pairs of shoes. I know Keen, but the running shoes I ordered were terrible. They were very lightweight and I could feel the bottom, they were thin and also tight. I was then fearful of receiving the New Balance. Once I received them I could tell right away they were quality! They are made in the USA which made me happy. I checked out both shoes and they were perfect! Trying them on the fit was amazing! I am so glad I stuck to my size! The toe box has a lot of room for me and actually I can wiggle my toes with room to spare. The test was how long I could wear them around and not hurt my feet. I am 39 and have broken my ankle and toes several times and also dislocated both knees. So comfort is what I look for. I wore these first on a day I spent running errands nonstop. I was amazed at how comfortable they were on my feet! About the time my other shoes would hurt, I felt like I just put these on. Other shoes I feel I am lugging them around with my feet but these are the first shoes where I feel like they actually walk me! Each time I lift up my foot, the shoe is ready to go. I wore them for over 5 hours one day walking around and when I came home my feet were not sore! It was also getting dark that night and that is when I noticed the reflective areas on the shoes. My friend said New Balance is known for that.

I now wear these with my yoga pants and love the color, it is not too light or dark. They are by far the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. I feel like they are hugging my feet. I grab these when I go for a walk in my neighborhood or when I am running a lot of errands. I am so impressed with the comfort.

If I could change anything it would be the shoestrings. They are thin and I can tell I need to replace them. My friend already has that lined up; there is a New Balance store not too far from here that makes a special lace.

I can now see why my friend lives in New Balance and speaks so highly of them. He has worked for UPS for over 25 years so having comfortable shoes is a must for him. I am glad I am now part of the club and hope these last for some time. Amazing comfort!
VINE VOICEon December 19, 2012
Size: 9 B(M) US|Color: Grey|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I broke my ankle this summer and it has been a long road to recovery. Once I was able to start wearing shoes again, I discovered it was difficult to find shoes that would support my ankle, give good arch support, and be comfortable at the same time. I have a plate and 8 screws in the side of the ankle, so I need shoes that are supportive without irritating the area around the screws.
The New Balance W990 shoes are a perfect fit. They have great arch support, and I feel secure wearing them when I walk. The side around my ankle is just the right height for support without irritation. The shoes also "breathe" well, so my feet do not get hot when I wear them all day.
I highly recommend these shoes!
on January 9, 2013
The New Balance 990, whether this one, for women, or the mens version, is well made, cushions the foot superbly and did I say?, it lasts a long long time in the saddle, as it were. I will buy this shoe again when the sole is finally worn out on my old pair. They look very nice too. No crazy maze of color and sewing stitches, just smart looking, which is what I like. Thumbs up New Balance, and Amazon for keeping them in stock!
on October 6, 2012
I have worn the New Balance 910 for several years. Thought I would try this this time and I absolutely love them. Comfortable for walking.
on November 25, 2013
I found the 990s uncomfortable, especially in the toe box area where there wasn't enough room. I bought every color of the 993 I could find. If you look at the new balance website, you will find the 993 are still available for a custom order
of $170.00. These were not the cushiony feel of the 993s.