5.0 out of 5 stars Great running shoes
These are my second pair of this model of running shoes. They are light and comfortable, but also very supportive.
Published on October 3, 2012 by LB

1.0 out of 5 stars ick
Published 10 months ago by ducky

5.0 out of 5 stars Great running shoes, October 3, 2012
LB (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Best runniing shoe ever but..., November 17, 2012
Great shoes. Can wear a new pair on a 10 mile run right out of the box. My only complaint is that the light weight soles wear through the toe ridiculously fast. I run 25 miles a week on asphalt and the first pair wore through in under a month. You might blame my running style except it never happened prior to switching to these shoes. I tossed the first pair (painful to do) and bought another which had the same problem. I tried some other styles but love the fit of these so much, I resorted to a $3 purchase of Shoe Goo to repair the sole and they have been fantastic ever since. My husband got a pair and ran a half marathon with me without the slightest break in and he loved them as well. I Shoe Gooed his before they hit the ground. Guess I will just keep the Shoe Goo handy and continue running with happy feet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great neutral shoe, December 7, 2012
I had Version 1 of this shoe and loved it, so bought V2 when it came time to replace them. It may take some adjusting if you've been running in a shoe with a steeper heel drop or with stability features, as it has a lower heel than the first version and very little cushioning in the forefoot. Due to the minimal forefoot cushion, I don't recommend running in them on gravel surfaces. But on pavement, it's a great lightweight shoe without quite crossing over into the minimalist category and is my current favorite for training and racing.

It's only flaw is an overly pointy toe. I have a wide forefoot and short toes, which the shoe width accommodates just fine, but it has some unnecessary empty space where the toe box comes to a point.

1.0 out of 5 stars ick, February 13, 2014
I bought these shoes from a local store. I tried them on, loved the way they fit, thought they were comfy. I liked the color, mine are a purplish-blue with pink accents. I also liked the way they looked. They are the New Balance 890v2s. So, happy with my purchase, I bought them and left the store. They didn't last a week before they started falling apart. The tread is falling off as is the outer part of the shoe. Within the span of about 2 months, there is no cushion left at all. I am 5'4" and 114 lbs, so I don't think it was my weight that bottomed these suckers out. I continued wearing these and am still wearing these because they are the only work out sneaker I own and I am currently shopping for a new pair. Where I live, I don't have many shopping options, so I hope this review helps you out(as it would help me, since buying on-line seems to be my only real option around these parts).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe!, October 2, 2013
Love these shoes! I use them more as a cross trainer but they have great support. I was a little suprised that there was a lot of rubber on the upper of the shoe but it doesn't look cheezy or cheap. Plus I love NB in general since they are one of the last athletic shoes still made in the USA!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome shoes, October 26, 2012
Love these shoes! Didn't even try them on anywhere before buying them. New to running and these are a great tool to keep me going.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not big fan of them, January 10, 2014
I bought these shoes in September 2013 and I only use them for the gym. After only one month and a half of wearing them I noticed that the seems on the front of the shoes are glued so they started to un-glue. As of right now January 2014 they are almost all the way unglued in front. I would not suggest any body to get them. I am a very big fan on New Balance, however I just feel like they let me down on this pair. I am extremely unsatisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Became my favorite shoe after using for a while, March 9, 2014
I bought these based on good reviews both on Amazon and running-shoe-review websites coupled with the fact that they were a very reasonable price. At first I felt the toe box was a little narrow for my relatively wide foot but after a few runs they broke in and became my favorite shoe.

I am a novice runner but am pleased that they helped me complete my first run-walk marathon in 2013!

Would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars These shoes have gotten so many complements!, September 13, 2013
Angie in Chicagoland (Gurnee, Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
I'm really liking these shoes! I have never had so many compliments about a pair of shoes before. I've heard about them from friends, family and strangers on the street. Kind of fun! And they are so very comfortable. Fit well, like my other New Balance shoes that i have had in the past.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of toe depth when choosing your size, July 15, 2013
The B width seems more like a narrow width. My feet are very flat and somewhat slim, so I was really surprised about this. The length is fine according to the way I have been fitted before. Just not enough toe depth. Also, they seem to have less heel height.