Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 26, 2010
I have been wearing New Balance for years on the recommendation of my podiatrist. Started with the 990 or 991 and have upgraded every year as they "new and improved" the sneaker. I have always found them to be a long lasting, nice fitting (room in the toe area) with some arch support sneaker.

THIS is the first time I have had to return a new balance due to size.

I am a straight up 6 1/2 and could barely get my foot into this sneaker. I have never had this happened with a New Balance. Two of the things I love about them is they don't squish my toes and I have always been able to order online without trying them on first.

Ultimatley I do recommend the sneaker however, if you are looking at this style, and can find it locally, try it on before ordering. Amazon usually has the best price but it stinks to have to return and then reorder especially if you have to pay postage each way...there goes the savings.
on April 4, 2009
These shoes are amazingly comfortable. From the moment you put them on your feet you really don't want to take them off. I can't say that I've ever had a pair of tennis shoes that I preferred to socked feet. Most importantly, they are the perfect running shoe. Extremely light, cushioned and plenty of support. I never write reviews but I am so happy with these that I decided I should write one. By far the best pair of running shoes I've ever had, and I've had a lot.
on November 12, 2009
The 993, an updated version of 992 is a good running shoes for those whose feet are pronated/flat. For the most part, it's comfortable and the mesh allows solid ventilation from the stinkiness of sweat inside shoes. However, when I first wore the shoes, the inner right side where I tend to pronate cut into the side of my foot. In a word, it hurt! But then I readjusted the inner lining which is thank God, removable, so it's much more comfy now.
on February 12, 2010
I never thought at the end of day, my feet are still very comfortable.

I heard of New Balance carries lots of running shoes and I thought they are like Nike or Adidas, but "less" trendy. However, at a very casual conversation with a friend; she said she needed to buy a pair of New Balance running shoes for her mother as the doctor directed. A friend on the side jumped in and said only the MADE IN USA ones are good but expensive. I pointlessly browsed the web on one random day and found this 993 model. I hesitated for 2 weeks before buying them because I am on a budget. However, Amazon has the cheapest price and what I paid is far more worth than my feet thanking me.

I have low arch (flat feet) and I thought it was a birth defect and never told anyone except my mom. No one ever told me I have to wear special made shoes and there I lived a good 30 years. Anyhow, this is a pair of fabulous shoes and if you are looking for comfort, do not hesitate. BUY them now.

I have heard the earlier model, 992, is better. However, I am too late to realize. 993 serve me well.
on May 28, 2010
My doctor told me to purchase the 993 to help with my foot problem. While I do not use the 993 for running, it gives wonderful support, not only in the arch, but the heel and sides as well without giving up comfort. I have five pair of shoes so the 993 gets a real workout and, so far, it has stood the test. The 993 is worn everyday, and some days it is worn from the time I get up in the morning until I go to bed at night. Definately a shoe I would purchace again and again.
on August 31, 2009
This is the second pair of New Balances that I've owned. I have lots of trouble with plantar fasciatis and heel spurs, and these are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. These shoes have lots of padding/cushioning in the heel which is where I have most of my pain. I highly recommend these shoes to anyone with heel pain.
on November 12, 2009
I have had two pairs of NB991's and I was told that the NB993 replaced the NB991's. I did not find the NB993's
to be as comfortable. I ended up buying some Superfeet insoles from REI and after removing the existing insoles and replacing them with the Superfeet insoles, they are now more comfortable.
on October 23, 2014
I have mixed feelings about this shoe. Primarily because I feel I paid too much and, initially, they weren't as comfortable as I thought they'd be.

I have had my feet professionally measured and am a size 8 wide. But for years I have been ordering an 8.5 in regular or wide and the fit is almost always fine. I like to feel room in my toe and I just have really fat/wide feet. So I ordered these shoes in the grey color at 8.5 2E (extra wide). They were definitely wide... no issue with the width. That's the best thing about this shoe. They come very wide and that's not easy to find. But the right foot felt smaller in length and more narrow around the toe. The left foot was a perfect fit. Overall, I didn't find them anymore comfortable than my other shoes... but they were almost twice as much.

My first thought was to send them back. But I walked around the house with them for an hour or two and they seemed to grow more comfortable. After wearing them to the gym for a few weeks I seemed to have broken them in. They are very comfortable now and I barely notice the size difference with the right foot. Maybe I just stretched them out, who knows. I still feel I paid too much. I wouldn't rate this more than 3.5 stars.

And just a note about delivery. Click on the seller profile because you should know that they charge a 20% "restocking" fee for returns (not exchanges). And I will have to pay for a return shipping as well if I return them. Now I paid 196.78 after taxes and shipping. Yet despite paying 16.78 for shipping they came stuffed in a priority shipping box with one thin packing paper wrap and nothing more. No packing slip and no original packaging. I had an unsettling first impression, like they were used or someone else's return. If I pay this much, I expect better care that anticipates damage- not a shoe smooshed into a priority mailing box. Just a better presentation. Sheesh.

I won't be ordering this style again or using this seller again. Too many other shoes deliver more professionally and offer free returns these days.
on October 16, 2014
I bought these shoes 1 1/2 years ago to replace a previous pair. I wear these for walking only. (No outside work, excessive weather wear, etc) Today the shoes are falling apart- specifically where your achilles touches the inside back of the shoe. Worn straight through the fabric (not leather) and into the foam. I expect more at this price point.
on August 21, 2014
They are comfy shoes to wear. It gives your heels great support so it may reduce the impact ensued while you are running. However, the shoe surface near your toes is not durable enough. After a few months of wearing, you may find a spot of worn-out on the shoe surface near where you toes are located starts to shape up and eventually breaks and make it a real hole! I think they can adopt more durable material for their shoe surface or reinforce the durability around those spots to make it better! Other than that, they are good shoes!