4.0 out of 5 stars Gravel walking
Published 15 months ago by J. Derr

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoe but insole not quite right
Shoe fits fine, but the inside heel area just behind the arch feels to high. Will have to send it back.
Published 11 months ago by Sunnyb

4.0 out of 5 stars Gravel walking, July 15, 2013
J. Derr (Kansas, USA) - See all my reviews
This shoe is the best I've had for walking on the uneven surface of gravel. I am not walking the back trails or running I just wanted a shoe that I knew would work well walking on gravel. I live, obviously, on a gravel road and trail running shoes don't always work well for walking over both large and small stones and the uneven surface it can present. I searched and searched for any reference to just walking on gravel in the reviews and no one mentions it. So here is the shoe for you, you gravel walker!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Long Distance Shoe, June 11, 2013
These shoes are perfect for long distance running on trail. The aren't overbuilt, but they give you enough padding to keep your feet from hurting after 30+ miles on the go. The fact that they come in a wide option is great as I tend to like my shoes with a bit more width than I actually need. So far they are holding up well. I have over 300 miles on one pair with little show of wear (by comparison I was blowing through Saucony Peregrine's in about 100 miles). The only downside is that the tongue is too short to use the back eyelets and use the heel lock lacing technique.

5.0 out of 5 stars These shoes are the bomb!!!!, May 16, 2013
I am a long distance runner. I wore Mizunos for the last 3 years and they wore out in the areas where I balance my feet almost within 4 months time frame. So this time I really researched running shoes based on long distance runners reviews and the description of how these shoes fit, the type of runner they suit, and how they are well suited for long distances seemed perfect for me. These shoes are so amazing!!! I am SOLD on New Balance and this is my first New Balance running shoe. LOVE THEM! They are soft, cushioned where I need extra support, and above expectation on how they flex when you run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe for walking or running!, September 25, 2013
I love these shoes. I need a wide toe box and more support when I am walking. I usually wear the NB minimus road shoe running. I like these shoes for walking.

5.0 out of 5 stars good sneaker, November 5, 2013
i like a well cushioned sneaker. i walk, and racewalk, and i have bad feet, (fallen arches, plantar fasciitis, arthritis). i also need enough room for orthotics. i often wear a 71/2 shoe, but for sneaks i get an 8. new balance lasts as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trail shoe with good support., June 20, 2013
I wanted a trail shoe with support and cushion similar to my normal running shoe, and these are great. I bought them for a Tough Mudder and they were wonderful. They are designed with a little extra space for your toes which worked great for me going up and down steep mountains. I ordered the same size that I always buy in NB running shoes and though when I first tried them on I was a little concerned that there was too much toe space, after running up and down a mountain I was very thankful to have a little extra room.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but heel slips, September 16, 2013
My feet are on the wide side of medium width, and these shoes are almost too roomy for me. The heel slips unless I tie them very tightly and use those extra eyelet holes to snug the heel. The fabric on the inside of the heel is quite slippery so that may contribute to the problem.

For everyday use, they are fine, but if I go out on a trail, I'll need to wear thicker socks or put in thicker insoles to prevent the slipping.

A snugger heel cup with grippier fabric would earn five stars from me.

I like the gray/purple/orange color combo.

4.0 out of 5 stars For a wider foot it works well, lots of cushion, withstands high mileage, November 15, 2013
My foot is on the wider side and I can only wear NB, this worked great for my width, which is just a D

Lots of cushion, but stable

Feel great during long runs, over 20 miles

Shoes have 300 miles on them now and still look great, and feel comfy

No blisters or chaffing at all

I gave it 4 stars bc I could even go a little wider in the toe box and be happier

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Shoe, March 9, 2013
I am a tall woman (5'11") and wear a woman's size 12 shoe, so I am happy that New Balance makes shoes in larger sizes for women. It is often the case that running shoes and the companies that sell them only go up to size 11, so then I have to buy a men's size 10 1/2 or 11. I also have narrow feet and this product, the New Balance W1210NBx comes in a "B" width, which is great because most men's shoes are only available in a "D" width. When I buy a "D" width, I have to put in at least one insole in the shoe. Overall, this shoe is very comfortable. I did not have to break it in at all but in some respects it is TOO comfortable, to the extent of seeming a soft and mushy fit. Too, it does not have the support I like in a shoe, specifically arch support, so I wear these shoes with my orthotic (arch support insoles). Finally, I have to admit that I bought the shoe largely on the strength of its appearance. I like the gray/purple/peach colors. I use it for exercising on my elliptical machine and treadmill. I do not use it for trail running, for which the shoe is designed. As I said, I do not find it particularly solid around my feet, i.e., giving a sense of support and structure.

5.0 out of 5 stars True to size, very comfortable,wide toe box,excellent all around, August 9, 2013
Laurel E. Mayer "NYLULU" (Katonah, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Very comfortable, orthodics fit in perfectly, has a comfortably wide toe box, but not too big...just what I was looking for

New Balance Women's WT1210 NBX Trail Shoe