1,031 Reviews

Published on May 31, 2012 by L. Kantor

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit like they normally do
Published on October 10, 2012 by CharissaRenee

5.0 out of 5 stars Top 10 for Comfort, May 31, 2012
This review is from: New Balance Women's WX608V3 Cross-Training Shoe (Apparel)
I have problem feet, and practically no shoes are comfortable to me. The wide width option on these shoes is plenty wide enough for me to wear with fluffy socks, and the shoes offer enough support and spring so that I can be on my feet all day doing dirty work in the yard without getting pain or fatigue. The shoes last virtually forever and the leather (not suede) washes up really nice in the washing machine. Love these. I have three pairs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, October 6, 2012
Like many others, I wore the style 600 for a few years. Not being able to find that number again, I called New Balance and they said the 608 is the replacement for the 600 they no longer manufacture. I asked why is it called V3 and I was told this is the 3rd version they have made. So I ordered these from amazon and am very pleased with this style. It's really quite comfortable; sturdy and supportive for walking shoes (actually they are cross trainers). I would not wait too long to order them again, before they discontinue this style number and then I would have to search and search for something comparable. I get seriously annoyed when manufacturers change styles just because they can, even when there isn't anything wrong in the first place.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit like they normally do, October 10, 2012
I've been wearing New Balance for years. They are the only shoe I've found that work for my feet, being at a hospital for 12 hour shifts. I loved the look of these too, mostly white (required fro school) and no mesh across the toes (a must for me working in a hospital). However, these do NOT fit like my others do! They felt too narrow and I could actually feel the seaming on the inside rubbing against my instep...ouch! I had to return these, which was quick and painless, fortunately. I'll have to go to a brick and morter store to find my next pair so I can actually try them on this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars I needed these, December 2, 2012
I was so glad I found these shoes, it's hard to find a wide width shoe that I have enough room to put my custom feet/arche supports/ inserts. I have plenty of room for my wide feet and inserts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Changed the design for crosstrainers... ouch, November 3, 2012
This review is from: New Balance Women's WX608V3 Cross-Training Shoe (Apparel)
I have been wearing New Balance Cross-Traininers for years. They work great for my wide feet and my orthodics. It was a great beat when the new models came out to stick to the 600 series numbers.. like most recently the WX600. But whoops, New Balance decided the great design they have used for years needed to be altered... and the WX608 are cut differently in the toe area. WX623 are also cut differently. Both type hurt my feet Have now paid to return two pair of shoes. So much for having found a shoe brand and model that I could depend on. All things change, just not always the way you would want them to.

3.0 out of 5 stars Solution for shoe discomfort, October 19, 2013
I really like the appearance of this New Balance shoe. I have been wearing New Balance 608 and 609 for years so I was surprised when this shoe was not comfortable. The shoe size was correct, yet when I wore the shoe, my legs hurt and my feet burned. I tried inserts, I tried lifting the heel slightly. Nothing seemed to work. Then I decided to try taking inserts from an old pair of New Balance 608 shoes and switching them into the new shoes. That worked. When I compared the two sets of inserts, I noticed that the inserts from the old shoes had air holes in them and the inserts from the new shoes did not have any air holes. It's something that New Balance should look into. My new shoes, with the inserts from an old pair of New Balance shoes, feel great. The leg and foot pains are gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can walk more than a mile. . ., March 12, 2014
Because I dread the search for replacement shoes, the procrastination usually leads to last minute desperation shopping and has led to piles of unsuitable ill-fitting rejects. A friend suggested I try New Balance cross-trainers, but the brick and mortar retailer's focus seems to have shifted from comfort and durability to over-priced neon or glitter fashion statements in size 7B. I found the 608V3 listed on Amazon and even though I missed the "trying them on for fit" step, I ordered two pair and could not be more pleased.

Tennis shoes must fulfill four basic qualifications. First is fit. I have several orthopedic issues, and well-fitting shoes is not just desirable, but required. Without a proper fit, mobility is effected and limited. As daily walking is a necessity, properly fitting shoes is not a luxury. Second is wear and durability. While I am realistic and realize tennis shoes will not outlast hard-soled leather shoes, I do expect a reasonable tread time the fashion statements just do not provide. Third is an unusual factor, but ease of use is necessary. If a wearer has not fought with the round laces that constantly become untied, or a shoe tongue that snakes its way to the toe, then usability will not be a factor, The last on the list is price. There is a huge discrepancy in shoe costs.. but if the three previous qualifications are satisfied, price should be last on the list.

The New Balance WX608V3 not just satisfies the qualifications, but exceeds the last. The fit is true to the size chart and comfortable enough to avoid the "break-in" discomfort and heat. Even after morning walks, hours of errands and chores, and a stint on the playground with the grandkids, foot and back pain are not caused by the shoes but age and exertion. There are not enough miles on them to judge wear and durability, so time will tell. Usability is high as the laces and tongue stay put even after a long day, and they performed well after a trip through the washing machine after an unfortunate run-in with dog droppings. For the price, these shoes are hard to beat. I have already decided to order an additional pair to insure against the style being discontinued or unavailable in the future.

I would, and will, recommend these shoes to anyone who asks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Heavy shoe, November 30, 2013
I always thought New Balance was a good shoe, until I purchased this Cross Training Shoe. This shoe is very heavy, rigid and the size is not accurate. If I didn't wear it outside, I would have returned it immediately.

2.0 out of 5 stars These shoes are uncomfortable!, December 10, 2013
These shoes were very stiff, and do not seem to break in. I have been wearing them, but take them off as soon as possible because they are not comfortable

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs More Cushioning, September 22, 2013
Love the shoes except they need more cushioning.
I work 8 hours or more a day on cement floors, so I really need a shoe with a lot of cushion.

New Balance Women's WX608V3 Cross-Training Shoe