4.0 out of 5 stars Like shoe, but Amazon! It is not a cross training shoe!!!!
I bought this as a cross training shoe, after all I have 2 New Balance cross training shoes, and they were great. This however is a DANCING SHOE. Nice shoe, maybe I will get used to the asymmetrical side to side design.

Published 7 months ago by Lou Ann

2.0 out of 5 stars Very little support
Published 8 months ago by CT

2.0 out of 5 stars Very little support, December 21, 2013
I imagine this is a nice shoe for someone with a neutral foot. It's flexible, lightweight and allows one to move easily. Unfortunately, it does not provide anywhere near enough support for someone with a flat foot. I wear stability shoes with good, supportive insoles for running. Stability running shoes, of course, are not ideal for a Zumba class. They don't provide enough lateral support and they're too big and structured to allow the kind of movement zumba requires. I've been on a quest for the right zumba shoe for a couple years now. I've worn the 867s to three classes, added good insoles and am just about ready to give up on them. My foot pain begins on about the third song and lasts the rest of the class. I guess I'll go back to my running shoes for Zumba. The clunkiness is better than severe pain. My search for a decent zumba shoe continues...

4.0 out of 5 stars Like shoe, but Amazon! It is not a cross training shoe!!!!, January 17, 2014
This review is from: New Balance Women's WX867 Cross-Training Shoe (Shoes)

Problem? I had surgery on both my feet 4 months ago, and bought this as a cross trainer, as my other 2 pairs I have had really good support as in "protection", this is a more daring for your feet shoe. Not as much protection.The arch is also slightly different. I have normal to narrow feet, and I bought a D wide, I think a little wearing will stretch it enough to fit my feet even better, but even now is slightly tight. I will see how it goes, as I love the others and will probably love these. But it is more of a dancing shoe than the title or even the first look over at the design, indicates. It is also designed to fit skin tight, or small sized. At any rate, order it a little big.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, July 30, 2013
Lightweight with plenty of padding and good toe space. A very comfortable shoe for zumba class. Ordered regular tennis shoe size which is perfect. Color of laces and trim is bright pink on the grey shoe which is not quite the color of the picture. Nancy

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusual construction and odd sizing that is not similar to other New Balance shoes., February 18, 2014
Supposedly built on the same last as the NB760, which fits my wife fine as an 8.5B. The New Balance shoe fit calculator says the fit can be expected to be the same. This shoe, however, could not even be laced closed. The tongue is sewn in place on one side and could not be placed properly under the laces. We sent it back, thoroughly unsatisfied, and bought a different pair of cross trainers, also made by New Balance, at Kohls. BTW, they are also 8.5B and fit fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still deciding, February 21, 2014
The tongue on this shoe is attached on one side, I assume to provide more stability. It's ok...just took some getting used to and I cannot double up my socks like I have in the past with other shoes for additional cushioning. I've gone back-and-forth on this shoe but only worn it once for Jazzercise so far. It fits more snug, again for stability. I ordered a half size larger than I usually do and that was a good choice. The shoe offers good support and cushion, though for Jazzercise I might wind up wishing it had more cushion on the ball of the foot. It's a really cute shoe and overall I think I will like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Jazzercise, January 25, 2014
This review is from: New Balance Women's WX867 Cross-Training Shoe (Shoes)
I was looking for a shoe that would offer support plus a pivot point for Jazzercise. After reading the reviews I ordered a larger size, I am a size 8.5 and I ordered a size 9 and it was too big. So I am returning and ordering my normal shoe size. I actually ordered a pair of Reebox fitness shoe with a pivot point as well to see which felt better on my feet. The New Balance won hands down, they felt light and there was plenty of cushion for the jumps and twist in Jazzercise.The Reebox shoe landed right on my ankle bone and would rub as I walked around my house in them, so they are being returned.

5.0 out of 5 stars great shoe, September 12, 2013
very comfortable shoe....great for Zumba. Great pivot point ,very light! I bought a 10 D - it fits like a 91/2 B, as expected. So plan accordingly if you order this shoe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Zumba Shoe, June 5, 2014
I've tried 5 different shoes for Zumba and these are the best I've ever had. They have good impact protection (I don't feel it in my knees doing 'jacks), good lateral stability, and the pivot-point slides while the heel sticks -- Perfection! I wish I would've bought them a half size bigger, though, as the right side of my right toes rub the top/side of the shoe. 'Course, I didn't realize this until after I'd worn them to Zumba once, and so it's too late to return them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for dance aerobic classes, September 2, 2013
It isn't the prettiest shoe on a size 12 foot but it does the job for dance aerobics. I was wearing plain tennis shoes which have a better slip factor for pivots but have no grip to the floor. With this shoe, you get a good balance throughout the routine. Your foot doesn't stick on turns and doesn't slip on quick moves.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love it., July 29, 2014
Oh, I so wanted this shoe to work as my go-to Zumba shoe! It looks great, has all the features of a good dancing shoe, and is affordable... but the one downfall is that attached tongue. It's attached on one side, so if you have "fat feet" like mine, the tongue will always be off center and the shoe will never quite fit the way it is supposed to fit. The sizing in this shoe is frustrating as well. I ordered my normal size in a wide width, which was laughably small, and then tried again with a full size larger in regular width (wide wasn't available), and it fit almost exactly the same as the smaller wide size! Really disappointed because I so wanted to love this shoe. Back to the drawing board!

New Balance Women's WX867 Cross-Training Shoe