5.0 out of 5 stars SATISFIED BEYOND EXPECTATIONS
Published on June 28, 2012 by Neal Smyth

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware: No Sabbath Poems
I love Wendell Berry, but I'm leaving a one star review. There are no Sabbath poems here; none from Timbered Choir, Given, or Leavings. In my mind there is no point to collecting Wendell Berry poetry if you don't have the Sabbath poems, which I would consider the core of his work. [...] is where I got this info.
Published on April 30, 2012 by Corey Garrett

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars SATISFIED BEYOND EXPECTATIONS, June 28, 2012
Neal Smyth (Cincinnati, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Collected Poems (Hardcover)
I have just started collecting Wendell Berry poetry and novels after falling in love with what I've borrowed/sampled from the library for the last year. After reading several collections of his poems, I ordered "New Collected Poems" to add to my collection. I was completely surprised to find ALL of his collections included in this one book. And there's just something that feels right about adding a favorite author's works in hard copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Work of a Master, May 7, 2013
Darrell Koerner (Boulder, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Collected Poems (Hardcover)
Ignore Corey Garrett's one-star review below. New Collected Poems is the work of a Master. Appreciate this book as a transcendent gift of wisdom from the greatest living American poet. In my opinion, Wendell Berry is the spiritual heir of Walt Whitman, and is a poetic genius without equal.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fan for 20+ years, April 3, 2013
Julie Faurote (Ostrander, OH United States) - See all my reviews
As a farm girl and a writer who saw Mr. Berry speak in a small college classroom setting more than 20 years ago, I love this. I work in an agriculture service setting and sometimes read poems at lunchtime.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting poetry with a rural tone., August 31, 2013
This review is from: New Collected Poems (Paperback)
Berry's work is very earthy and plain spoken. This is for people who like poets like Jane Kenyon or Ted Kooser. It has rural yet sophisticated tone that undermines the stereotype of simple country people and shows the complexity of small town American life. It has a depth of feeling that is unapologetic for its lack of irony.

5.0 out of 5 stars ON TV PBS super interview, October 17, 2013
This review is from: New Collected Poems (Paperback)
After seeing Berry on PBS reading his wonderful poems...I had to have his book "new collected poems". This man's backgroung is worth looking at.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poetry for those not inclined to read poetry, January 24, 2014
Others have reviewed this beautifully, and I don't reviews books or movies well so I won't attempt to now. Suffice it to say I'm a huge prose reader - poetry not so much. I heard Wendell read some of his poems on Bill Moyers and was so moved I had to look him up. Such a command of the language he has, but readable and unambiguous. Some of them move me to tears, not because of sadness in the writing but because of the profound love and compassion he has for all living things and the natural world. I wish I knew him but will have to be satisfied with his writings. I defy anyone to read this book without feeling somehow expanded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berry's World, December 15, 2013
Wendell Berry sees his immediate locale with practical eyes, a wise soul, and a poet's vision. If more folks could see their own backyards in this way, then perhaps this beleaguered planet would be in much, much better shape. The ideas in Berry's poems show a deep love for the land that goes beyond the hoopla of environmentalism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Understand Wendel, January 9, 2014
Those of us that are Wendel Berry enthusiast look forward to new releases. Wendel believes in place, values, people. These poems recall so many things that are gone, so many things that are so ordinary we take them for granted. I read one of his poems every day in my devotions. Take your time on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful...., April 25, 2013
This review is from: New Collected Poems (Paperback)
I have always loved poetry. I recently purchased this collection by Berry. The poems are beautiful and I highly recommend this collective book to anyone who loves reading poetry, especially those who like or love nature writing. Great work!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, February 11, 2013
I think this is a great collection of Wendell Berry's poems. Some of my favorites include A Song Sparrow Singing In The Fall and The Mad Farmer Manifesto: The First Amendment.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

New Collected Poems
New Collected Poems by Wendell Berry (Paperback - April 9, 2013)
$20.95 $15.86