5.0 out of 5 stars Great for research
Published on January 30, 2007 by M. Meade

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Book, But Missing Some Nice Features
Published on May 23, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for research, January 30, 2007
I bought this atlas because I wanted one as up-to-date as possible (in light of political boundaries and such), and wanted something to accompany a globe I have. There is a lot of useful information at the front of the atlas, so it's not just a book of maps. I use it for reference while taking classes for my masters (logistics and transportation) degree, and my stepson uses it for some of his high-school classes, as well. I think it's an atlas worth sharing with the family to learn geography.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not All that Concise, But Still Grand, January 6, 2009
I probably didn't read the product description very carefully, and I assumed that this concise atlas would be much smaller than it actually is. It's really the size of a coffee-table book, much larger than I had originally thought. However, the atlas itself is wonderful. It has information about the universe and the solar system, interesting articles about geography and beautiful colored maps. We've consulted ours many, many times in the couple of weeks that we've had it. The pages lay nice and flat, so you can study a map without struggling to hold the book open. This is a great book for settling geographical debates or for teaching young children about our world.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Book, But Missing Some Nice Features, May 23, 2010
A Kid's Review
I hadn't bought an atlas in a very long time, and a new one was way over-due. With all the changes in the world, my old one was pretty out-of-date. I finally decided on the Oxford one. I'm okay with it, but, while this one is a handsome book, has great maps and a lot of info on the planets, etc.., I really miss some of the features my old one had. My old atlas (a Rand-McNally) had cities/towns (and their population) listed with each map. For the U.S. it even listed zip codes for each town! With this new one, ALL the cities are listed in the back of the book, and there are no population stats. It's much less convenient than what I'm used to. I will keep it and use it, but I'm still searching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, April 9, 2008
Lynn Romine (Ponca City, OK USA) - See all my reviews
I needed a really good World Atlas and I found it with this one. I use it all the time. It has a lot of really good information at the front of the atlas that has been most helpful when I am doing research. Use this atlas along with Google Earth and you don't need anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, January 7, 2008
This book is more than great. The color of it is very vibrant and the book is a great size. My dad was very pleased to have opened it on Christmas. It was well worth the money for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars MAGNIFICENT!, August 18, 2008
Wonderfully comprehensive. As a retired Army officer, I wish I'd had this decades ago. Buy it. You won't need any other.

J. Stephens
Spanaway, WA.Camera Soldiers: The Philippine Odyssey

3.0 out of 5 stars lake tahoe, October 17, 2010
Atlas is ok. Maps are bit small and overcrauded. There is not separated maps for every region, some of them important like Franch polynesia (Bora Bora, Tahiti), USA Samoa etc. I can use it but its not what i expected. On some point I will need better atlas becouse my wife and me like traveling alot.

5.0 out of 5 stars CQI Specialist, April 6, 2009
We use this atlas as a gift for our program speakers; and they are always delighted with it because it is something they like, but would not necessarily purchase for themselves. It is just packed with information, whether it be for research, learning, or browsing. It is a stimulus to view things around the world. It is well designed and the graphics are so beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its the Best !, February 18, 2009
This is a great buy! I bought this one reading the reviews on amazon and wasnt disappointed..Very excited and couldnt stop going through it..
Lots of valuable information and quality pictures and added to that not pricey at all !

5.0 out of 5 stars A very pleased customer!, September 12, 2009
I was so very excited when I received my latest order from Amazon.
"The New Concise World Atlas". I am a genealogist & have discovered
"roots" to our families' trees all over Europe recently. Not having the
proper maps was extremely irritating. With the arrival of my new Atlas
I am now able to pinpoint countries & cities where our ancestors once
dwelt. Thank you...thank you! This Atlas is beautiful book, just as a
coffee table-type book. But it's contents are so accurate & easily found
from the indices within. I'd recommend to everyone who needs geographical
information or who is studying the subject. Great for students or the
whole family! I can now show my children and grandchildren where their
ancestors once lived. An excellent choice....5 stars!!!!
((ASIN ISBN 978-0-19-532015-2 NEW CONCISE WORLD ATLAS (HARDCOVER)))

Submitted by S.Davis-Campbell

ARRAY(0xa377d744)

New Concise World Atlas
New Concise World Atlas by Oxford University Press London (Hardcover - February 4, 2010)
Used & New from: $1.44