Every single video was great, Béyonce seems so confident, determined, and ambitious! She's definitely a driven diva! Wasn't the Kitty Kat video unique with the cat and her Tiger make-up. All of them had something different to offer. "Freakum Dress" was really good too. I liked alll of them like you ; ) Let me know what you thought of the Documentary if you aren't too busy. I thought it was great! They will probably repeat it for those who didn't get to watch it. B'Day is my favorite album right now for the highly energetic soulful style.
I watched the one at 7:30 and I was kinda disappointed. They awkwardly chopped off the best part of the "Get Me Bodied" video. There were too many ads and it was only 30 minutes, so Beyonce almost had no time to talk. But the time she did made me happy. And I love the videos. I've seen them on the computer, but it was nice to see it on my TV.
Also, I think Beyonce may have confused a few people because she made it sound like the CD and DVD would come together. How many 1 star reviews are there going to be titles 'Where's the DVD?' Ugh... lol.
I love "Kitty Kat." Especially when they're playing with the huge ball of yarn. Every video has something a lil' funny added in. In "Suga Mama" she falls off the bull... I can't get enough.
I just saw Beyonce Revealed and it had a little more of Beyonce talking about the videos and the meaning behind them. The special also explained how the DVD is only exclusive at Wal-Mart. I'm glad I watched it because like you said the other Documentary seemed a bit rushed and Beyonce spoke little. I had recorded "Beyonce Revealed" from yesterday night after midnight. Did you watch it? I found her explanations to the videos to be so much better to understand the concept behind the song. It was not on the BET channel.
The Upgrade Documentary was quite short and sweet with just a glimpse but the other special kind of took things were that one left off. Although, the videos were not shown in their entirety she spoke in between. I got my DVD from Wal-Mart today. How about you?
After watching Beyonce Revealed I like her music much better. I had no idea that some of the songs had the interpretations she mentioned.
So you liked Kitty Kat too. Who could possibly not like a video with a cat? And the fact she had the theme of the video to be the way it was made it even cuter and fun to watch.
As for your "Get Me Bodied" video she explained on "Beyonce Revealed" what the meaning behind that was. She mentions how that has to do with challenging a guy on the dance floor to the point of madness and she went on further. I wonder if you got a chance to see it. Let me know.
Unfortunately, I had no idea about this special. What channel was it on? Do you think it will be on again?
The Upgrade felt very rushed and they cut off the dancing part of "Get Me Bodied!" Plus, there were a lot of ads, which was annoying.
I got my DVD at Wal-Mart the day it came out, although it took some work. The workers had still not stocked up the new releases even though it was almost noon, so I had to ask them to look for it. They had to go in all these boxes and Beyonce's was the last one, but I got it so I'm happy.
I absolutely love "Kitty Kat." Some people call it cheesy, but I don't think so at all. It's hilarious!
The behind the scenes featurette on the DVD has her kinda explaining each video, which I enjoyed a lot.
The songs on B'Day have deeper concepts than some would like to credit her for, and the videos are very clever as well. (The big sugar cube in Suga Mama. I didn't even notice until she pointed it out. And I love the part where she falls off the bull. LOL)
First off, congratulations you have gotten the *spotlight* review for this!! You know, when you write from your heart the difference is so apparent. It's really quite an honor to be put on the spotlight portion of the page with Amazon!!
With regards to the special titled, "Beyonce Revealed" it was a VH1 Special. I really loved how it was done. I was able to watch it again. All the doubts from the Upgrade Documentary were clarified. Well, now with the DVD Anthology out and the CD there are few questions, right?
"Get Me Bodied" is one of my favorite videos since I love to dance. When I go to the night clubs I am usually the last one on the dance floor so I totally can relate to the lyrics!! Some guys I meet can take the dance battle but others can't! The song will definitely be big at the clubs if it hasn't started to be already.
"Kitty Kat" is also on the top of my list. Whoever says it's cheesy doesn't know the meaning of cute, sweet, cuddly, and sexy. Cats are the definition of all that and more. When they call a guy a cat, it's usually quite a compliment. The video is so girlie yet so boyish too!
Every song, video, and bonus track is so energetic and full of soul that I am starting to get Beyonce fever full force! Maybe I should call the doctor!
I haven't checked out the DVD yet could you believe it? I always get home late, and my schedule is messed up but today I will definitely see it. I take you've seen it a lot?
Yeah, Suga Mama has that huge sugar cube where she could have easily slipped off. It takes diva power to do what she did! I like how she named the song. The bull part was intense. She mentioned she couldn't walk a day later. I could only imagine... Quite a challenge to be rocking back and forth like that on a bull. She went all out and let me say it has paid!!! When I see all the DVD I'll let you know which video I feel is the #1 hit of all. I'm sure you must have one that stands out from the rest.
Thank you! I am extremely excited about my spotlight review! :)
I'm so sad that I missed Beyonce Revealed. Maybe they'll replay it sometime. I'll have to check their website.
"Get Me Bodied" is amazing. I couldn't believe what I was reading because some people posting comments on YouTube and stuff were saying "I'm not impressed." Are you joking me? That was the most amazing, energetic music video I've ever seen in my life. I love the dancing break.
I don't know why they called "Kitty Kat" cheesy. I loved it and I thought it was cute, funny and sexy, too.
I've watched the DVD once or twice and it's amazing. The behind the scenes feature is a must-see, for me.
I love the video for "Flaws & All." I won't ruin the surprise for you, but it's very simple. But it's very funny and entertaining. Heart-felt and honest.
I love "Ring The Alarm," but you've already seen it probably. I love the colors in "Freakum Dress." There is a really funny part at the end (for me, at least) where she's giving the speach on freakum dresses with these sophisticated glasses on... lol. I love them all!
Still, the #1 video for me has to be "Get Me Bodied."
Beyonce Revealed might be available on the VH-1 Website. My taping has some other shows including "I Love New York" on it and it's in VCR. I wish I could copy it but I don't have a machine to do that. Let me know if you can see it on the VH-1 Website.
I watched the B'Day Anthology Video Album DVD and found it to be excellent. I don't particularly like the order of the songs though. I'm glad the menu lets you choose.
From all of them, this is my breakdown from 1 viewing:
(1) Beautiful Liar [Beyonce and Shakira] ~ Tiring to watch after a while and too Shakira like. It almost seems like Beyonce is featured instead of Shakira. Nonetheless, both look cute together. Grade: C
(2) Irreplaceable is still one of my top favorite videos since I can relate to the visuals and the empowering message. Despite that, I am more into upbeat stuff so I would give this a A
(3) Kitty Kat was a cute, sexy video but it was a bit too short in length. All in all I found it fun to watch. My grade is a B
(4) Green Light - Has a great dance routine which compliments the entire set and makes it another inspiring highly energetic song to enjoy. B
(5) Upgrade U Feat Jay-Z was definitely an eye-opener. The diamonds, nice car, jewels, sparkles, and jewelry in mouth was sexy. The beats had much bass, rap, and soulful singing. There was even some dancing worth watching. The outfit changes were also nice especially the hair, make-up, and different scenes. Overall, I'd give this an A.
(6) Flaws And All was a true surprise because it had so many visuals of Beyonce doing faces and just being herself that was totally unexpected. It was truly a unique video. Like the last video, this one was down to earth, honest, and "herself". What did you think? Glad you didn't ruin the surprise ; )
(7) Get Me Bodied was probably the most dance oriented one with excellent choreography, make-up, dress changes, and overall style. The club atmosphere was also a nice theme combined with the up-tempo beats. My grade is an A+. It was a little too long but I guess that's why they call it the extended mix.
(8) Freakum Dress was absolutely a blast to watch for the different dresses, highly energetic singing, dancing routines, and colorful visuals. This video was excellent to watch after Get Me Bodied. I loved it for sure. I'd give it an A+.
(9) Suga Mama was totally sexy yet classy. It had many moments left to the imagination as well as much excellent choreographed routines. She worked hard in this one. I love the fishnet stockings she wore and her make-up was very nicely done. This was great A!
(10) De Ja Vu is not really new so I won't say much. Everyone's seen this one. It has the steamy sexy scenes with Jay-Z, etc. It's most definitely one of my top favorites. B+
(11) Ring The Alarm will always be a top favorite of mine since I can relate to her aggressive attitude when things don't go as expected with her man. I find the song to really grow on me and I definitely love it. A
(12) Listen is very touching and soft as a ballad but I am not really into slow music at this point. I like to lift my moods with highly energetic beats. Perhaps, it's something I'm going through in my life right now. After watching it a few times I'd say it's OK. Rating B
(13) Still In Love (Kissing You) had a very different production but it's understandable because it was her personal message to her man. It was a nice way to end and be more down to earth. I thought it was a very touching ending.
My #1 video would be "Freakum Dress" but like you I found "Get Me Bodied" to be totally energetic and most definitely her best dance video. That being said, "Suga Mama" would take the second spot followed by "Upgrade U".
If you aren't too busy what are your breakdowns with regards to the videos.
When I first saw Beyonce was on that movie were she destroys the life of a police man. I was so drawn to her style and it kind of reminded me of my personality, not that I would drive a man to destruction or anything. But it was just such a truly remarkable movie.
I ordered the Deluxe Edition Japan Import B'Day for the added songs but there are no track listings on the site. I wonder what they will be. From my experience most Japan Imports don't disappoint not to mention they come with the lyrics and bonus songs. You have 4 copies so are they all different?
Thank you for your breakdown! It was very nice to read. I will try and find the special on VH1's website.
1. Beautiful Liar - I'm going to be completely honest. I really didn't like the video the concept was nice and so was the dancing, but I'm not a huge Shakira fan. I don't know what it is, but I always skip it. C
2. Irreplaceable - I love the video, even though it's simple. I love her facial expressions and she is quite a good actress. I especially love when she starts hugging the guy, only to take his chain away and take it! A-
3. Kitty Kat - I wish it were longer! I absolutely love the video, especially when they're playing with the yarn. The only problem I have was that whoever edited the song chopped it up and made it sound very unnatural. You know what I mean? Mind you, I've listened to B'Day at least once every day, so I know these songs by heart, and when you do something to the songs, I'm going to know. More on that later... B+
4. Greeb Light - I loved how she had so many different looks. I liked the colored boxes moving across the screen and I loved when she smashed the guitar. I wished they would've left out the part where she's sitting on top of the letters GREEN LIGHT because it looks a little weird and feels out of place. Still, I love it. B+
5. Upgrade U - I absolutely love the song, so I love the video. I like when she has all the jewels in her mouth and when she's imitating Jay. The dance is amazing, especially at the end when she's listing all the thing like suticases and the guys come out from behind her. It's just done so smoothly. It's really amazing. A-
6. Flaws & All - Even though it's very simplistic, I love it. It's so great to see Beyonce making funny faces and just being silly. I loved when she pretends to be a mime climbing a ladder when it says 'catch me when I fall.' A
7. Get Me Bodied - Probably my favorite of them all. I love the dancing and the fact that Kelly, Michelle and Solange are in it. I'm glad that I can finally see all the dances she was talking about. But I do have on complaint... whoever edited the videos sound did a terrible job. They must've turned down the bass or turned down the bakcground music altogether, but I just know they did something to the background music. Maybe turned up her vocals? Either way, I felt it took energy away from the song and video and made the video seem long. Still... A
8. Freakum Dress - I love the colors and the dancing. I like the fact that she had all different types of girls in the video, and every other video, for that matter. I found it absolutely hilarious when at the end, she's on a pretend podium with the librarian glasses on, giving a speech on frekum dresses. I didn't like how they chopped off a piece of the last chorus, though. A-
9. Suga Mama - The dancing was very nice and I appreciated how there was a seamless transition from scene to scene. (When Beyonce let go of the bars, it zooms in on her feet, which drop (to the beat, nonetheless) on the sugar cube. Very classy and sexy. A-
10. Deja Vu - I remember when this video came out and people were getting petitions and everything because they thought the video was so horrible. I never knew what they were talking about. I love her outfits and her dancing in the sand. I also love the buildup of intesnity which matches the song. B+
11. Ring The Alarm - I've always loved this video. I will never get tired of its fierceness. A
12. Listen - I love this song. She looks beautiful in the video, but not much is going on. I still like it, though. B
13. Still In Love - Very simple. I think it matches the song and I like it a lot. She's very beautiful. B+
I can't choose one favorite, that's too hard. But my favorites are Get Me Bodied, Ring The Alarm, Upgrade U, Flaws & All and Frekum Dress. Oh... that's a lot. Maybe I'll try and narrow it down.:)
I take it you're referring to the movie Carmen? I enjoyed that movie a lot, but I haven't watched it in a long time. I remember being impressed by her acting skills and I think that's around the time I became a huge fan of hers. (My favorite member used to be Michelle.)
I think the Japan edition has "If," but doesn't have "Still In Love." It has "Creole" which was on the original version in Japan. I think it has a few of the Spanish tracks tagged on at the end, like "Amor Gitano" but no seperate disc. Not sure if it has "Worl Wide Woman." The second disc is a DVD with all the videos except for "Still In Love," which is supposedly an exclusive for the US.
I do not own that version, but that is what my research provides me with. I looked on the Sony Japan site, so I would think it's correct. I absolutely love Japanese CDs. I enjoy the lyrics and the overall attention to packaging that you don't see here in the U.S. I like the little obi strips that they put on the side of the album.
Yes, I have 4 copies of B'Day. Two of them are just the regular, 10 track one. One of them came with an exclusive Beyonce Wal-Mart DVD. I have the Circuit City edition of when it first came out. It has the bonus track, "Back Up." I have the Best Buy edition of the deluxe edition. It has the bonus track "My First Time," which I already had, so I was kinda disappointed. I think I might do the same thing as you and buy the Japanese version.
You did a great breakdown of the videos. It seems we agree on many things. I'm still surprised that the videos were done on such an odd order. She also left out some really good ones like "Check On It". Since I am still in Beyonce Fever I'll do my version of how the videos should have been lined up:
The Order I would have done: (1) Suga Mama (2) Upgrade U Feat. Jay-Z (3) Get Me Bodied Extended Mix (4) Freakum Dress (5) Green Light (6) Check On It Feat. Slim Thug & Bun B [This should have been put in the DVD] (7) Kitty Kat (8) Deja Vu (9) Irreplaceable (10) Beautiful Liar (11) Ring The Alarm (12) Listen (13) Flaws And All (14) Still In Love
What would be your video line up list? Not that I have a lot of time on my hands but I never tire of talking about Beyonce. Congrats on your new votes. Can't wait to see you with 20!!! My votes are higher today, which has certainly upgraded me flaws and all!!!!
Yeah, the movie was Carmen. I didn't know who Beyonce was back then and I was immediately drawn to her. I remember the very beginning of the movie when she falls in love at first sight; I thought that was so romantic. The electricity was flying everywhere. And well the rest of the movie was like how you say, impressive and great acting by her.
Thanks for the Japan Deluxe B'Day Information. I won't be able to view the DVD on my player but I honestly can't listen to the bonus disc with so many repetitive songs like I said before. The lyrical booklet I have from the other Japan Import is so great because I can sing a long and see what the words are. Definitely buy the Japanese version. Are your credit cards going wild? Don't worry mine are too! And if you get the Japan Version of the regular version you will have your favorite song "Get Bodied Extended Mix" with lyrics as well as "Get Me Bodied". You might be able to open your Béyonce Store with a dozen. Well, I can't say I am not guilty of the same thing...
What song is "Back Up"? I don't have it on the Japan Import. And "My First Time" sounds familiar but I don't have that one either. What do they sound like? Are they highly energetic soulful songs like "Creole"?
The video was amazingly hot! It has many clips of her other ones and the lyrics are SO SO catchy!! I loved it! She should have put this on the new Anthology Video Album DVD and CD. I like the fast pace, soulful singing, and words!! Thanks for the link!
I have multiple copies too!! It seems that I may have another after your post!!! It would have been great if she would have added that song to the new CD and DVD. I just logged on to bestbuy.com and I couldn't find the CD with the bonus song "Back Up". I'll have to go to the store in person.
Lost Yo Mind is a fast song. Its a really cool and catchy song and fun! Its kinda like Get Me Bodied. Not the beat but the pace! Fun song! Back Up is really nice as well. You'll have to go into Best Buy and pick up the original copy! :)
I'm into fast paced songs and "Get Me Bodied" is definitely high on my favorites so if you say "Lost You Mind" is like that then I'll have to check it out. "Back Up" is big on my lists of wants and most likely I will find it from my searches : )