5.0 out of 5 stars Cheese Cloth Review
Excellent Cheese Cloth. The home made cheese came out perfect. The cloth is also reusable and can handle the sqeezing without the cheese seeping through. Highly recommended
Published on January 18, 2012 by Zia Choudhury

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper, better products available
For the purpose of cheesemaking, I believe there are more affordable options of the same quality. This is simply more expensive because it is presented in the boutique 'home cheesemaking' category, if that makes sense.

Published 17 months ago by Michelle E. Landreth

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper, better products available, August 2, 2013
This review is from: Butter Muslin (Kitchen)

I purchased some very low end dish towels, Mainstays 5pk Flour Sack Kitchen Towel, from Walmart. The cost was $4.50 for a set of 5. Their weave was loose enough to allow the whey to pass through easily, but tight enough to catch all of the curds. It was big enough to easily tie up and hang.

I finally decided to upgrade to actual butter muslin (this product), figuring why not give the real thing a try? It did the same job of letting whey pass through and catching curds, but was uncut. If you need a specific size (very large or very small), you may prefer it, but I found it to be an annoyance that it was uncut...the Walmart cloths are already the perfect size for me).

All in all, I would say that the two products worked the same, except that the one from Walmart came with 4 additional towels that I could use for other purposes. I'll stick with the bargain.

I will update if my opinions change as I get into cheesemaking more.

I would like to mention that if you are considering cheesemaking, do visit the New England Cheesemaking website. It is so fantastic and will answer so many questions for you...like when I wanted to know if I could use my veggy rennet in place of animal rennet! Thank you so much N.E. Cheesemaking!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheese Cloth Review, January 18, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars I wish it were more finely woven, February 28, 2012
This review is from: Butter Muslin (Kitchen)
My favorite cheesecloth disappeared while I was on vacation for a week. (Maybe my roommate tossed it?) It was resilient and very finely woven - lovely for straining stocks, making butter, or draining soft cheese. I would have bought another one, but I couldn't remember the brand or the store in which I found it.

This butter muslin is well made, and works very well for all of those tasks, but the weave is a little looser than my previous cloth. It is still better than anything I've seen at the stores (so far). However, every time I pull it out, I wish it were my old cloth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Making Cheese, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Butter Muslin (Kitchen)
Don't forget to rinse it in cold water after using to get the cheese off. Then boil it, air dry and you can use it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, March 7, 2013
This review is from: Butter Muslin (Kitchen)
Good product. Actually used it over again after washing it. Have been making Ricotta & Mozzarella. Does not disintegrate. Easy to handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than cheesecloth, May 27, 2013
This review is from: Butter Muslin (Kitchen)
Doesn't shed little threads all over the place. My husband uses it for loose-leaf tea, and loves it. I use it for straining things. This one bag will probably last a lifetime for us, as it is easy to wash and reuse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Cheese-making!, July 6, 2014
Adrienne Brown (Sunnyvale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Butter Muslin (Kitchen)
Works really well for making cheese. However, can be slightly difficult to clean if you use herbs in the cheese. The directions say "machine washable", but I would wash it separately from other laundry items (and on the gentle cycle), because it will pick up other debris. The cloth is very delicate and will still work great if it's folded in half while draining the cheese. Overall, a very large cloth and works like it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for making cheese, June 3, 2013
This review is from: Butter Muslin (Kitchen)
This is a wonderful quality cheese cloth and a great value for the amount you get in the package. Much better than the typical cheesecloth I have bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 16, 2013
This review is from: Butter Muslin (Kitchen)
I make a lot of butter, yogurt and cheese and this is fabulous stuff. It holds up well, doesn't separate as quickly as regular cheesecloth and the quantity in the package is substantial. Good bang for your buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use this instead of wimpy Cheesecloth, July 14, 2014
This review is from: Butter Muslin (Kitchen)
This butter muslin is FAR superior when compared to std. cheesecloth (a misnomer). I use this in lieu of the cheaper product choices for all of my cooking. Perfect for making bouquets garnis.

Butter Muslin