Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$9.99

on November 18, 2013
To be honest... I don't know how a show can be this hysterical. Some people may find this show to be super immature, however, i find it really amusing. Every single cast member adds humor to the show in ways that other comedy shows never did/do. This show is super funny. If you're looking for a chilled, hillarious comedy, then " new girl" is the show for you!
on October 30, 2013
This show is very funny, especially for viewers around the age of 30. Most of the jokes revolve around the transition from a college-like lifestyle to adulthood. There is a lot of awkward, silly humor, which is my cup of tea.
on August 26, 2014
Season 1 and 2 of "New Girl" were funny, smart, and well-written. I have NO IDEA what happened to this cute little show by time season 3 came around. I had high hopes since Jess and Nick were going to start dating. Jess and Nick's chemistry was white hot in season 2 but something unexpected happened by the time they got together, their sexual tension and adorable banter completely deflated. Season 3 was a train wreck. The first 5 episodes were pretty good but the by the Halloween episode, the writing had began to fall apart. There was no direction, no growth of the characters, and then Coach was added back to the cast and things got worse from there. Nick and Jess became an irritating couple, I wanted them together since season 1 but by halfway through season 3, I wanted them to break-up. Of course the break-up didn't happen until almost the end of the season but ultimately, the damage was done. Also the addition of Jess having a younger sister was weird and pointless since she has never talked about having a sibling in prior seasons. Things just didn't make sense and Winston started acting like a crazy person for no reason. There were a couple of sweet moments (like Jess's birthday episode) but overall, there wasn't much to laugh about. The jokes were stale and the acting was starting to go downhill because the writers were writing the characters in an immature and obnoxious way. I thought the season finale seemed promising so let's hope season 4 will get things back on track since Jess and Nick have split up. I'm crossing my fingers that season 4 will get back to basics. Sometimes less is more and there were too many overlapping storylines in season 3. Too much filler and not enough heart and substance. It's a mixed bag for me.
on July 7, 2014
Would give this a 5-star rating because I really enjoy the show and this season has an entire episode with Prince that is everything I wanted it to be. The reason I'm dropping a star is because when I pay for a season online, I'm not only buying the privilege of watching on my time, but I'm also buying the ability to not watch commercials. The download includes commercials for other Fox shows at the beginning and end of each episode. They are short enough that it's tough to skip past them on my Roku3 without missing the opening lines of the show, but long and repetitive enough to be really annoying to watch before every episode. If you have enough patience to defer your need for instant gratification of watching right now, I'd recommend waiting for it to come out on Netflix commercial-free.
on April 5, 2014
I did not like this show too much when it first came out. This has quickly changed after jumping in for Season 3. So much that I had to go back and watch the first 2 seasons on Netflix because I couldn't settle with just 1 episode a week.
on January 5, 2015
1 Star for the quality of the picture on the DVD. I'm absolutely amazed at how horrible the picture looks, and what's more surprising is that I haven't read a lot of reviews complaining about it (maybe everyone is streaming instead?). What I would imagine happened was they tried to fit too many episodes on one disc, and compressed them too much. Apparently some higher up decided that no one would notice the crappy picture quality (which for the most part is true), and they'd save money by putting the season on a total of 3 discs.

3 stars for the quality of the show this season. Definitely a step down from season 1 and 2. As another reviewer said, it seems to have no direction.
on September 20, 2014
I love this show. From the moment i set my peepers onto the face of Jess back in season one i knew that i was in for the long haul. The show is still as funny as it was back then, if not funnier. Individually, however, Schmidt is hysterical. He is the stand out strong character in the show from a comical perspective. Winston has his quirks, and it has taken three glorious years to find out what they are. Jess and Nick are still together - thank goodness - and early on Cici has finally begun to see the wood for the trees when it comes to Schmidt. And I love Ferguson, by the way!

All in all, a truly great tv show and one of the funniest.

BFN Greggorio!
VINE VOICEon December 2, 2015
I'm glad I stumbled onto New Girl with my DVR some months back. It was recording the last few minutes in preparation for a show after it. I got the first two seasons for a few bucks each and was hooked.

It's a bunch of people living together and a couple of the love will they will they not things and a current romance. They also bring back the roommate from the pilot. I really liked that guy, but the other black roommate Winston is a tragically underused gem. He's often just plain weird and I find myself probably closer to him than anybody else in the show.

The show could be summed up by the word quirky. The only thing I'd say is that by the third season some of the little non sequiturs are a little weaker and maybe running a little thing. Sort of like by the end of season 3 of Mission Impossible the fake masks are a predictable. I'd almost suggest binging the first couple seasons, taking a break, then coming back for full effect. It's a pity the sales didn't do well. Apparently you can only get season 4 as a burn to order so the prices will likely never be low enough I'll pick it up. Still, have my DVR set so hope to catch them.
on November 25, 2013
Once Nick and Jess started dating, a lot of the spark for this show was gone. In addition, I felt the friends had stopped acting like friends with any support. It wasn't pleasant to see Schmidt dealing with the fallout of last season and see virtually everybody refuse to help him for so long. Also, Coach has returned at this point and not everybody (myself included) knows why. I want the gang I love and I want them to be better. Diluting it with a fifth member likely means this will not happen. I don't know if I shall continue after this season, assuming I finish it.

Bottom line, so far, it's worth it, but not at the quality you were used to.
on October 22, 2014
This season was disappointing. They added two new characters which was totally unnecessary. They had outstanding characters already and the chemistry was great! But they botched it by adding "Coach" and Jess's sister. It just didn't work. So sad. Hope they do better next time around. I will keep re-watching seasons 1 and 2 in the meantime. What happened? New writers? It's not like they've done so many seasons that they could be out of ideas already. I will hope for better writing next season!