Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on March 15, 2015
I purchased this in December thinking it was a great idea for multiple tags. Today (a little over 3 months later) it broke. I found dog tags all over the house and when I looked at the tag holder, it had broken! I have a 20 pound Bedlington terrier who had four small tags on this device, one rabies, one microchip,one contact info and one license. For an item that is this pricey, it should last much longer. This holder needs a new design, as the metal is not very strong and looking at the break it's shiny coated with metal on the outside, but cheap pot metal cast on the inside. A tag holder is important to get your dog home if lost and not microchipped and needs to be strong! Funny thing is when looking at the break, the holder was still strongly screwed together, but the bottom part cracked partially off. How about making this out of a stronger metal because at this price it should last more than 3 months!!!!! I am very disappointed in this product.
review image review image
on March 11, 2013
My dog has lost her tags multiple times. Sometimes I'm able to find them, sometimes they're gone for good. I tried a different kind of collar, where there was a place to put her tags separate from the d-ring where the leash goes (because sometimes I was accidentally clipping the leash to the ring her tags were on). That ended up not working either -- and they were gone for quite a while before I noticed they were missing and so I had no idea where to look for them. So I finally bought the Tagabiner. I give it a 4 because I've only had it for a month or so, and don't know how it'll stand up to my dog's expert tag-losing skills over the long term. But I can't imagine what she (or I) could possibly do to break it and lose it.
on February 24, 2015
This is probably the best way to hook up your tags to the D ring on the collar. Unfortunately they metal alloy is soft. So over time the tags will wear out the post creating a gap and fall through. Just went through my second one, hooking up 4 tags they last me about 9 months.
review image
on May 3, 2013
Not only was it nearly impossible to switch my Golden's tags from collar to collar, but I groaned everytime I had a new license tag to put on because I was sure to break a few fingernails in the process...this is a great invention! Solid, strong. I had no difficulty with the holes in my tags fitting, but I imagine if you had to, you could either drill or file the hole larger or put the problem tag on a split ring first. Even then, switching collars is so easy! And I haven't seen anything like it on the market.
on July 30, 2013
I found this product to be barely Okay. The portion for placing tags on to, is a bit too thick (diameter), for some tags (total of 4) to fit and I had to drill out holes in several tags to get this to work properly. For one of my dogs who has a scan tag inserted, the collar tag could not be placed on the tagabiner (five tags were too many and again diameter too large. I am using but not as satisfied as anticipated.
on January 2, 2014
I'm not impressed with these. I don't like the way tags hang off of the collar. I bought them because of an extra large D ring on a dog collar. They make the tags hang way too low & long. Price is also way too high for what you get. No chance I'd recommend or buy them again.
on January 9, 2013
The product is strong and well made. The screw lock is firm & I doubt it would come lose. However, the posts that hold the dog's tags are too big. The tags don't fit. The hole on the tags don't fit around the posts. How can something like that be messed up!? I had 4 tags and none fit. I could have placed 1 tag on the Tagabiner and just tightened it in place like a vice grip. The vendor arranged a quick & easy return for me. 10 stars for the vendor!
55 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2014
This is perfect! I only wish I had found it sooner! I use a Freedom Harness for my 60lb Boxer, with the tags attached to it instead of a collar. Since he's very active, I've been wary about using something like an S-ring with tension clips, and the simple key-ring I was using had already started losing its shape. The Tagabiner was the perfect solution! His tags fit perfectly, and it secures down with a locking screw. Now he can be as active as he wants and I don't have to worry about the tags getting lost.

Pros:
- No breaking a nail trying to pry it open to slide the tags on
- No worries about a tension clip wearing down or breaking
- Easy to Add/Remove/Replace tags
- Tags are very secure
- Very easy to use

Cons:
- Tags with small openings may not fit (I had no problems with either of the tags for my 60lb boxer)
- Size limits number of tags (not really an issue with 2 tags, but trying to fit 4 may be a problem. Of course, if you need 4 tags, you may have bigger issues...)

UPDATE: After almost a month of being worn by a very active boxer, the tagabiner is still secured as tightly as the day I attached it. This is definitely an excellent product!
on May 25, 2015
I have used everything to hold on dog tags, wire rings, key rings, special loops, carabineers, eventually I hook the leash to the dog tag holder, the dog takes off after something and whatever I was using unbends and the tags are all over the place, usually in the grass and at night :-). While this little hook is on the expensive side, in fact, twice what would be on the expensive side, it is rock solid, easy to use and 90 pounds of dog pulling full strength doesn't phase it. It also looks good and the dogs can't chew it. If you want top of the line, this is it. You won't regret anything but the price.
on December 4, 2014
My 1 dog - a Great Pyrenees - has managed to mangle, break, snap, or destroy every other type of tag holder I've put on her to date. I don't know how she always manages to lose her tags, but the cat must have taught her some great trips.

Since I've put this Tagabiner Pet Tag Holder on her though, we haven't lost her tags even once and it's going on close to a year now. Our younger Great Pyr hasn't lost his tags either. Best of all, it's pretty easy to change out the tags.

The one down side is the ends are a little "thick" so some tags are a "snug" fit. I'm managed to work around this though usually by widening the holes on the tags a bit (like the rabies tags). Otherwise, I think it's great.

Both our dogs are micro-chipped, but we live in the country. The last time our dog got loose was before we bought this & a neighbor's kid took her house to house looking for her owners because she had no tags on. People out our way are more likely to keep a dog like ours than take her to the pound. We like to have the physical tags as a safety back-up.