5.0 out of 5 stars For the love of Chows
Published on December 9, 1999 by Michael Allen

2.0 out of 5 stars average
This is not a bad book at all, its actually a pleasant read but I was looking for real detailed chow specific info and this is not it. The author has a lot of experience with dogs but not specifically chows. This book is not a waste of money but my search for a serious breed specific chow book will continue.
Published on October 28, 2008 by Osorio Batres Silvia Rebeca

5.0 out of 5 stars For the love of Chows, December 9, 1999
Michael Allen (Midway City, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Owners Guide to Chow Chows (Hardcover)
What a wonderful little book! We had a Chow many years ago and were considering replacing our previous mixed breed dog (who died of old age) with a Chow puppy. After we read this book, and carefully considering the pros and cons, we couldn't wait to find the right breeder. Chows aren't for everyone but this book convinced us it was still the right breed for us. The book is a buy at 3 times the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cautionary Tail..., October 19, 2004
This review is from: New Owners Guide to Chow Chows (Hardcover)
This is a great reference for a Chow owner, but even more useful for deciding whether a cute and cuddly, but stubborn Chow is the right breed for you. Chows are what their owners make them, and this book gives readers the tools and techniques to make them great companions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for first-time dog owners, March 2, 2006
Amazon Customer (Cincinnati, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Owners Guide to Chow Chows (Hardcover)
We've been reading this book to prepare ourselves for our new addition of a purebred Chowlet. The breeder recommended this book and it is full of all the typical things, but also contains LOTS of excellent information for the first-time dog owner such as Basic Training. Mr. Beauchamp helps you to get inside the head of a Chow Chow more than any book I've run across. I love his personal insights, such as when his US Army experience is drawn upon to explain the training style of a Chowlet. Expert information given with memorable explanations make this book a real winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for the first time Chow Chow buyer, July 24, 2012
kkalos (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Owners Guide to Chow Chows (Hardcover)
I was disappointed to find there are so few books on the Chow Chow breed. I think there are probably only 5 available on Amazon and when I went to a local bookstore hoping to find more there were zero. I decided to go with this book since it had the best reviews (which doesn't say much since there were only 5). While I was waiting for this book to arrive a co-worker let me borrow his book The Proper Care of Chow Chows (one of the 5 other books available on Amazon). I thought that book was pretty good with lots of details but as soon as this one arrived and I started reading it I realized there were a lot more details in this book with more specifics on selecting a puppy, housebreaking, socializing, and more. This book seems to be the best one out there for a first time Chow Chow buyer that wants to learn about the breed and if it's the right one for him/her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 11, 2014
Great book!

4.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful little book!, January 16, 2014
This review is from: New Owners Guide to Chow Chows (Hardcover)
What a wonderful little book! This is a great reference for a Chow owner, but even more useful for deciding whether a cute and cuddly, but stubborn Chow is the right breed for you. Chows are what their owners make them, and this book gives readers the tools and techniques to make them great companions

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 18, 2014
Thank you!

2.0 out of 5 stars average, October 28, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars chow chows are cute, September 13, 2000
D. Chung (montain lakes, new jersey United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Owners Guide to Chow Chows (Hardcover)
we have a chow chow puppy and its cute

New Owners Guide to Chow Chows
New Owners Guide to Chow Chows by Richard G. Beauchamp (Hardcover - July 12, 1997)
Used & New from: $0.01