4.0 out of 5 stars Watch for this error!
Published on June 13, 2011 by Libertarian60

Published 19 months ago by Lisa

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch for this error!, June 13, 2011
This review is from: New Pierre Dukan: Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
I am enjoying using this book to help my wife achieve her goals with the Dukan Diet. However I have found what I think is a fairly serious translation error. In several recipes (such as Biscuit de Savoie on page 141) the ingredient `yeast' is listed. I believe this is a faulty translation of the word `levure', which, yes, can mean yeast, but also means a rising agent, which would be `baking powder' in English. The fungal microorganism meant by `yeast' in English requires sugar and /or starch as food, and the rising process takes time usually measured in hours. As the carbohydrates are of course not in the ingredients, and no time is allowed in the directions, I can only conclude that Dr. Dukan had `baking powder' in mind! Putting yeast in the recipe will have no effect and will not cause any rising. So if you are planning to cook from this book - otherwise you wouldn't be buying it - then besides some difficulty with finding or subsituting things like fromage frais, please watch out for this error and just use baking powder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just buy this book, April 19, 2011
Kevin Connolly (Beijing, Beijing China) - See all my reviews
This book is great.
I would suggest that there is no need to buy any other Dukan Diet book if you have this one. I also bought 'The Dukan Diet' but it is all repeated in condensed form the Recipe Book (less drawn out and certainly less boring).

4.0 out of 5 stars The Dukan Diet Recipe Book, December 9, 2010
The book has helped us break the monotony of the diet, which really works in a healthy way. After you figure out how to make "quark" and improve at whipping egg whites, several light desserts inspire you to keep going. Additional chicken recipes add taste variety. On cruise days we generally do stir fry. C. Heckmann

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, May 19, 2011
This review is from: New Pierre Dukan: Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
I have tried many diets to lose the few extra pounds that have snuk on in the last decade, but most just showed me some tasty healthy new recipes and not much else. I have been following the Dukan diet for 3 1/2 weeks now and have lost 7.5 lbs. The weight loss is steady but noticeable - I have only 4.5 lbs to go until I reach my "true weight" (calculated on the dukan diet website - so easy!). I have found that drinking water really makes a difference in my weight loss - if I miss my recommended amount of water one day, my weight loss slows. Also, I have two servings of tasteless non-thinkening fiber in my morning coffees (one serving per cup) and have experienced no problems with constipation. I highly recommend this diet for those who have had little luck in other attempts. Thank you Pierre Dukan for this priceless gift of freedom from excess weight!

4.0 out of 5 stars Willing to try anything New to lose weight., January 18, 2011
I have tried this way of eating for 2 months I lose weight slowly mostly because I have hypothyroid condition. Also, I joined the website but I have notice the faster the results from most people have been from people on a fish protein mostly. The book is clear and easily to understand. It is similar to other protein diets but you are never hunger on this eating plan. I am a carbo-addict and I do cheat with rice or pasta in a blue moon but have notice weight lost still but slowly. **Remember I have a thyroid condition so I don't expect to lose it fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adds a lot more variety to the Dukan Diet, November 28, 2011
Having read the Dukan Diet with my wife we decided to do this together. After about a week, we definitely saw success in the diet. The recipes in the Dukan Diet book are really good. We definitely couldn't complain about the flavor of the meals. After about a month though, the lack of variety starts to wear on you.

We're glad we decided to get the recipe book. There are over 150 recipes and it even covers dessert. Having the option to choose different tasting recipes helps eliminate the monotony and keeps you motivated to stick with the program. This is a fantastic companion to the Dukan Diet Book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but better if you are french., November 3, 2011
This review is from: New Pierre Dukan: Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
i bought this for a friend so i just skimmed through it. I think you could bypass the original and go directly to this book. The difficult part of the book is that it is originally for the French so some of the ingrediants have different names. It still is a good book and my friend is thrilled with it. C.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the diet, September 26, 2011
This review is from: New Pierre Dukan: Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
I bought this book for a co-worker that had been steadfast on the Dukan diet for over 6 weeks. Not cheating once, and very successful in her weightloss, I bought this book for her as an incentive to stick with it, and give refreshing ideas to the diet. It did not dissappoint. This book is a fabulous addition to being on the dukan diet, and not having to search high and low for low-fat protein friendly recipes. This is a great addition to chaging your eating habits for good, with much success.

3.0 out of 5 stars High protein, low carb diet that's more strict than the Southbeach diet, May 23, 2013
Lisa (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Pierre Dukan: Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
I had a hard time following this diet due to the extreme limitations in carbs and because it was so different from my normal carb loaded diet. You need a lot of will power or maybe some strong diet pills :) I did lose weight and so did my friends so it does work while you're on the diet and I think it helped me eat better after I was off the diet. It is a quick weight loss diet for sure if you can do. It's also from another country so I didn't know what some of the things it recommends were (look at the recommended Oatbran Galette you eat daily). I guess in the US we would call that a pancake but one of the main ingredients is non-fat fromage frais or quark. I did some research and discovered that was a kind of cheese but I never could find it. I substituted with low fat ricotta which is what someone suggested.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXELENT, October 3, 2011
This review is from: New Pierre Dukan: Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
This book was realy helpful, & gave me great tips to be able to enjoy & follow the dukan diet more easily.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

New Pierre Dukan: Dukan Diet Recipe Book
New Pierre Dukan: Dukan Diet Recipe Book by Dr. Pierre Dukan (Paperback - January 1, 2010)
$20.25 $18.23