Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 31, 2010 6:14:18 AM PST
R. Lane says:
Check out this link on TV Shows on DVD. A new box set is coming out at a cheaper price and with The Plan including and maybe if we get lucky The Face of the Enemy also.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Battlestar-Galactica-The-Complete-Series/13278

Posted on Feb 1, 2010 1:52:19 PM PST
J. Court says:
Awesome. I see Amazon has it up for preorder, although it is the same price. I wish they were a little more informative about what is included in all of these boxed sets. That is one of the biggest things holding me back from purchasing. I would like everything included... miniseries, webisodes, movies, behind the scenes, etc.

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 1:45:55 AM PST
Tiz says:
Thank you very much for the info!
I'm waiting for a really complete box set (other than the plan, this one is lacking the face of the enemies webisodes), I hope this one will be.

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 1:50:47 PM PST
Interestingly, I just got an e-mail from Universal, replying to something I sent a while back, saying that there is new packaging available for the original set, more snap cases than the carboard bits. You have to send in some part of the season one box to get it apparantly. I sent an e-mail back clarifying it and also asking about this upcoming set and whether there'll be more extras (like Face of the Enemy). No reply yet but if I hear back I may post. Have to say, if the new set is thinner and has an bonus disc of new extras, I might go ahead and get it over again.

Posted on Feb 4, 2010 10:05:41 AM PST
Ryan Lane says:
Yeah hopefully they will get Face of the Enemy on this new set to complete it.

Posted on Feb 4, 2010 4:26:15 PM PST
R. Lane says:
Also if you bught the old package and want the better boxes you can send there is a way to sort of trade in for the new boxes when they come out

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/13300

Posted on Feb 4, 2010 11:28:25 PM PST
I got that same message from Universal. As it sounds like "Face" won't be on the new set, I might as well go ahead with that mail-in thing to get the new packages which I think is quite nice of Universal to do.

Posted on Mar 17, 2010 1:15:16 PM PDT
Frankie D says:
I went on that website and they said they do not repackaged! I heard the Plan was awful, bad writing and it was mostly flashbacks, plus it was mostly Cavil ranting! No mention of the Lawless Cylon and it takes place before season 4! The packaging for this boxset was not good at all but series was good! A lot of fillers in season 4 though!

Posted on Mar 23, 2010 1:44:52 PM PDT
Okay, just got the new packaging and it is better. The large box is open to have four smaller boxes, one for each season (so seasons 2 and 4 are packed together). They have the plastic cases for each disc which is a lot better than the original cardboard cutouts and best yet, they have the contents of each disc clearly marked. No case for the Plan but otherwise, a better way to store these than before.

Posted on Mar 24, 2010 1:01:47 PM PDT
Got my replacement packaging FedEx-ed to me just yesterday, and it actually included a separate BD case for "The Plan" (no cardboard slipcase, but I already have one from my original copy). Which means that the entire series now fits snugly and securely under one "roof" (or box, rather), and is pretty frakking handsome to boot.

Kudos to Universal for doing this.

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 4:19:44 PM PDT
OK-I just bought the grey box--regular-not blue ray
A sticker on the box says it has Razor and the Plan--I looked on the back of every Disk and I DO NOT SEE THE PLAN! WHere is the PLAN???? Razor is marked RAZOR...but where is THE PLAN?

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 4:45:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2011 4:46:20 PM PDT
J. Court says:
Razor is Disc 1 of Season 4. I think the movie was released just before season 4. Check the list of episodes at the bottom of this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica:_Razor# Click the last item in this article that says "show"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2011 10:52:39 PM PDT
S.G. says:
The Plan doesn't have it's own case like Razor does. It's in the Season 4.0 - Disc 4 case. You should find two discs in that case, disc four on one side and The Plan on the other. Hope that helps!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jan 31, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 13, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (with Collectible Cylon) [Blu-ray]
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (with Collectible Cylon) [Blu-ray] by Edward James Olmos (Blu-ray - 2009)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (725)