1,484 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Protection, Great Design, Great Price!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:33 Mins
Case weighs less than one pound with iPad mini.

All functional holes are available for camera, microphone, speakers, charging up/down volume and on/off switch.

Case cover with iPad mini is removable when you don't need a keyboard. Still has high protection.

Enclosed case is water-resistant, not waterproof, but...
Published 14 months ago by Martin A Hogan

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiny keyboard not so bad. Excellent Protection
Published 14 months ago by Randy Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Protection, Great Design, Great Price!, June 11, 2013
Length:: 4:33 Mins

Case weighs less than one pound with iPad mini.

Enclosed case is water-resistant, not waterproof, but incredible well designed with rubber surrounding your iPad mini the entire perimeter. Not water-resistant when opened. Heavily reinforced with hard and soft rubber for those accidentally bounces or drops.

Charges in about 2 hours. Bluetooth connection takes about one minute and you never have to Bluetooth it again.

Keyboard is 1.85 X larger than that on the iPad mini (3-1/2" X 7-1/2") Perfect for airplane tables. View screen is 180 degrees or 90 degrees.

Check out these qualities and the price against ANY other iPad mini protective case. Great even without the keyboard!

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiny keyboard not so bad. Excellent Protection, June 21, 2013
Randy Johnson (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
I am really surprised with this case. I thought the the ruggedness would make it too bulky and it does somewhat. It just doesn't bother me so much. I actually appreciate the soft feel of the plastic or rubber on the case and I really like it on the detachable case that holds the Mini. It actually makes holding the Mini feel "good". The detachable case is a big plus. The case is slash proof, but I won't be testing that.

It does smell and if you have a strong sense of smell it may bother you, but it should disappear over time.

I'm actually surprised with the keyboard. I was able to do some touch typing on it as long as I didn't go too fast. They keyboard is cramped but those with small hands should manage ok. I have average size hands and typing on it wasn't so bad. I definitely wouldn't want to write anymore than a couple of paragraphs on it if I didn't have to.

If you have an iPad Mini and you're prone to dropping it, get this case. The part that covers just the iPad Mini is worth the price alone.

Edit: July 3, 2013
The screen protector seems to scratch easily. I have a little scratch in the middle and it's kind of distracting. One star taken away. :-/

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Kensington, September 24, 2012
This review is from: New Trent Airbender Mini - Rugged: Water Resistant, Dirt and Shockproof Wireless Bluetooth iPad Mini Keyboard case (upgraded version: fit Mini retina) (Personal Computers)
Okay. So I am becoming not only a bluetooth headset junkie, but also an IPad accessory/folio/keyboard junkie...

Initially, I bought the Kensington Keyboard folio, and found that as time went on, preferred to have the IPad in its own case without the need for the keyboard all of the time...plus didn't like the "bulky" feel of the device...so thought I would try something different.

Pros: This is a small keyboard, and it is pretty neat in that you slide the IPad behind the keyboard. This protects your IPad, but is also a very neat small bundle. As my daughter says, all the kids in her school are envious.

The keys are quite responsive, and having used standard keyboards on PCs etc, I enjoy the "punch and click" of a sturdy key. This satisfies me in that regard. When I used the Kensington, never did get the "feel" of it, as it is a softer kind of design. Some people may like that, but if you want to "feel" like you are typing, this fits the bill.

It charges quite easily with LED light indicator on the side. Seems to hold the charge very well. What I noticed right off the bat is that when I turn ON the keyboard, my IPad picks it up right away. Don't know why, but the Kensington seemed to get lost and I would have to go into settings and find it again...maybe that is just a bug. But, I don't have that problem with this keyboard.

Overall, the size is nice and compact, and it comes with a small neoprene type sleeve that you can then put the combo IPad/Keyboard into for storage. The longer I have my IPad the more I realize I like to keep things compact and try to minimize the size of the accessories.

CONS: Well, the only real complaint I have is that you really can't use this in your lap. The way the device works, is that you prop the Ipad into the slot and it is held up at a comfortable viewing angle. However, if you want to do this in your lap, it will slide all the way through, or partially, and doesn't stay in one position. That being said, when I need to type with the keyboard I am usually in meetings and so this isnt really an issue. But if you want to do this in bed, better get a lap desk.

OVERALL: Decent product at the right price point that gives you the satisfaction of feeling like you are typing again.

What I would like to see in the future: Give me a keyboard like this and make it so that they can somehow "click" together so that I can use it in my lap if I need to. Option for keyboard LED backlighting? or just some form of glow in the dark keys?

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged, Well-designed Case/Keyboard Combo for your iPad Mini, August 16, 2013
This is a very sturdy, elegant and functional Bluetooth keyboard case for your iPad Mini. It is designed for people who want to use their iPad Mini in some very rough and physically demanding environments. It is also a stylish case that will not be out of place in your hip neighborhood coffee shop.

One of the first things you notice about this case is that it's pretty heavy, much more so than some other such case/keyboard that are on the market right now. If you are looking for a very light accessory for your iPad Mini then this case is not for you. The case is also pretty hard to open up and insert your iPad Mini into. You need to pull back the rubberized outer cover, and then carefully pry open several small plastic hinges. You will probably not want to take your iPad Mini in and out too often.

The case is indeed very sturdy and it covers your iPad Mini almost completely, including the plastic screen cover. It imbues one with a confidence that the case will protect your iPad Mini from most falls and bumps, although I have not been brave enough to venture an actual physical test. The case detaches from the keyboard, and it allows you to use the iPad by itself. All ports are covered with rubberized plugs, but they are easily pulled back and allow the ports to be easily accessed with chords.

The keyboard paired up with my iPad Mini very easily and without any hitches. It also maintained connection for the duration of use. The keyboard is charged through a micro USB slot on the side. (An Apple compatible charging port might have been a more appropriate choice, but knowing how reluctant Apple is to let the third-party vendors use its ports, this was likely not going to happen.) The keyboard is very responsive, and I for the most part like the key action. However, this sized keyboard is VERY cramped, and you really don't want to be using it for composing longer documents.

The arm that attaches the case to the keyboard allows for your iPad to rotate through an arbitrary angle. However, only the portrait and the landscape orientations will be useful for the most part. I found the landscape orientation to be unstable though - I either had to allow the iPad Mini to "dangle" above the keyboard, or pull it out so far that the connecting arm becomes detached. If you are planning on typing in an on-the-go situation far away from a desk, then all of this is less than optimal.

The case/keyboard combo is very well made. It is also competitively priced, and if you are looking for a rugged device/accessory of this kind then you will not go wrong with this New Trent model. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ipad mini with retina, December 6, 2013
Does NOT fit iPad mini with retina display. Good design but only fits old iPad mini. Wish they would make a new version.
UPDATE: Customer Service Contacted me and told me they will email me as soon as updated case is in stock and can swap.
3 out of 5 stars until swapped.
UPDATE:'New case received and fits retina perfect. Top notch customer support! Beautiful Product with a excellent design!
Sent the new case free of charge

3.0 out of 5 stars An iPad Keyboard with Great Potential..., August 21, 2012
I bought this keyboard looking to possibly replace my current Bluetooth Keyboard/Cover for my iPad 2. What I've found is a keyboard with a lot going for it, but it has a few things holding it back.

Pros:
-This keyboard charges really fast. I plugged it into the USB port on my Mac and with about an hour and a half, it was fully charged.
-It synced extremely easily and quickly with my iPad 2!
-It is a full sized keyboard. By that I mean, it has all the keys that would be expected on a notebook keyboard. It even has a few extra buttons that my other Bluetooth iPad keyboard doesn't.
-The build quality is amazing. When they say aluminum, it really is...not hard plastic painted to look like aluminum.
-Really cool, and unique idea for storing an iPad. The iPad slides into the back of the keyboard, with the screen facing the keyboard, so it's fully protected.

Cons:
-Really short USB charging cable. This cable is maybe 6" at the most, only really allowing you to charge it via a computer, unless you have a USB extender handy.
-The IMP33S has some weird ergonomics, and it's not for the better. There is a lip around the keys on the keyboard making it difficult to access the keys. Also, the keys feel almost flush with the rest of the keyboard, so it is hard to distinguish between the different keys, and I've often hit multiple keys at once.
-I had several issues with "sticky keys..." in the sense that I would type a "b" and the keyboard would continue to type "b" until I turned off and back on the keyboard. The issues were just frequent enough that I'm not sure that more use would fix the issues.
-There were a couple times when I moved my iPad and keyboard, and my iPad would slide out of the bottom of the "holder," and I would have to readjust my iPad and keyboard.
-This is a personal preference, and not necessarily a bad thing, but because the fit was so tight to hold the iPad in place for storage, the keyboard ruffled my ZAGG invisibleSHIELD in a few places and I had to reapply it.

My Wrap-Up:
Overall, this is a product with a lot of potential...it just needs some improvement to become truly spectacular. It's not a terrible keyboard, and I will continue to use it, but it unfortunately will not replace my current Bluetooth keyboard. I give the IMP33S a three-out-of-five.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done Keyboard Case and a Great Value., December 4, 2013
Robert N (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with this New Trent keyboard case. It functions better than expected. The design is an intelligent balance of lightweight materials, effective protection for the iPad, and convenient, comfortable user options. The modest price level is an added bonus.

The full case assembly with iPad and keyboard weighs in at about 1lb 12oz. Keyboard is 9oz, bracket arm is 3oz, and the iPad with enclosure is 1lb. The easily detachable top case is a great feature. The reason I own an iPad mini is the minimal size which is comfortable to use hand-held in any situation. Using the iPad mini in this fully enclosed top case is very comfortable, in many ways more so than the bare iPad. Weight, grip and feel are all very good.

The hard plastic inner case and silicon jacket of the top assembly weigh about 5oz. For me this is not an issue. Without the silicon jacket it would be lighter, but I really like the feel and grip of this case. So, if hand-held weight is an issue for you, the added weight is 5oz. However, you may find, as I did, that the iPad in the case with the added weight and easier grip is actually more comfortable to handle.

The protection factor is not something I originally focused on, but after assembly and use, the rugged design is much appreciated. Whether assembled with keyboard and carried, or detached and used as a hand-held, this case gives a great sense of comfort with the solid protection it provides. I use it a good deal of the time as a hand-held and only mount it on the keyboard when required. I have no desire to remove it from the case and return to the bare iPad.

The level and detail of protection is thorough. It provides clear screen protection without any noticeable decrease in illumination, resolution, or touch sensitivity. Front and back camera lens ports are also protected with clear plastic, as is the circular opening on the rear of the case for the bracket mount. Which becomes a nice display for the Apple logo.
All access ports are covered by snap-in flaps which are easy to open and re-secure. On/off and volume switches are operated by built-in switches in the case. The front 'Home' button is operates via a nice silicon cover pad. All of the switches and port covers are nicely designed so that they function easily but remain within the minimal design aesthetic of the case. Well done. The only port that remains open is for the mic. Speakers are covered by perforated grills in the plastic inner case.

The bluetooth connection is as simple as it gets and works perfectly. After connecting the first time, it automatically links with the iPad. The case does have an Auto Lock magnet switch to put the iPad in sleep mode. The keyboard has an on/off switch, so after opening the case and turning on the keyboard, you're ready to start typing.
I was also able to use this keyboard separately with another full size iPad I have, just follow the same linking procedure. However, when going back to the mini iPad, I did have to re-link the keyboard to the mini (less than 10 seconds).

Using the keyboard is much easier than I expected. It is the first time I've used a keyboard this size for any length of time. It was a surprisingly short adjustment period. It performs perfectly. Note that it is substantially larger than the iPad screen keyboard. It feels like a real keyboard. The key action is good with a nice touch and slight resistance similar to a good quality desk-top keyboard. Since the bottom is covered with a silicon jacket it remains where it is, it doesn't slide or slip, despite the minimal weight. And it's quiet. There is also a good selection of function keys that you will discover, too much detail to go into here.

The iPad can be configured in portrait or landscape mode, and with the sliding bracket can be tilted to various angles as well as adjusting the distance from the keyboard. The bracket can be removed from the keyboard base and used as a separate stand for the iPad.

A few recommendations from my experience: The aluminum bracket hinge is stiff when new, work the hinge back and forth to loosen the movement. It does improve with a few day's use. The bracket mount on the back of the iPad case was tight when new, it does relax as used. It is a good idea to check (and clean) the camera lenses of the iPad before installing it into the top case assembly.

Bottom Line: This is an intelligent and well executed design for the iPad mini that performs perfectly, or close to perfectly. For the price, it is an outstanding value. Highly Recommended. 5 Stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case for the price, but imperfect fit for retina mini., November 23, 2013
I got this to protect my new retina iPad mini, and while it is a very nice case, it doesn't quite fit the retina iPad mini. For the most part you can get it on it but not all of the clips lock in place which worries me slightly. If I were to accidentally drop it would the case come completely apart since it isn't totally closed? None the less it is well made for the price and while the keyboard is slightly small I do like it. I just wish it would fit slightly better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down the best case for the price for anyone who needs and/or wants hi level protection for there iPad mini., January 10, 2014
First let me start off by saying I am a US service member currently stationed in Afghanistan. So I needed something to stand up to the daily grind of being in a deployed environment. This thing is the perfect platform for outdoor/military use. Yeah it's a little heavy compared to the iPad mini itself, just like how a tank is heavy compared to a pickup truck, and that's exactly what this thing feels like, a tank for your iPad mini. I'm not going to go into the details of the protection features, if you want those just browse all the other reviews on this item.

Does it fit the iPad mini Retina? not out of the box, what you need to do is send an email to Newtrent via the contact us tab on their site "[...] and let them know you need it for the iPad mini Retina and they will send you, free of charge, a new carrier half of the case that fits your device. You will also have to send your order number so they can verify your purchase. I sent my request to New Trent the same day I ordered my case and received my new carrier before my Amazon order of the case came in via the military mail service. A solid product from a solid company.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as happy as I thought I'd be, but New Trent came to the rescue., November 22, 2013
V. A Cooper "vcooper1" (Jackson Heights, NY United States) - See all my reviews
A bit disappointed. I looked at reviews & a customer said they contacted New Trent & asked if it would fit the new Retina display version,& the answer was yes.. I got this today & It's a very tight squeeze with the new Retina Display model. The extra 3mm thickness does make a difference. I was able to get most of the ipad case tab snaps to lock,except 2 in the corners. I found it very hard to squeeze the ipad case to get the tab locks to lock. I really think New Trent needs to make one that will fit the Retina Display better. If they don't,I think they may see returns & more complaints.
Also, If you don't extend the mount that holds the ipad case,& you tilt the ipad back to far,it falls.
It seems you must extend the mount out & away from the keyboard so it don't fall. It depends on just how far back you tilt the ipad. Also,when you rotate the ipad & it's floating on the mount,it seems a bit unstable. I intend to call the Co, & report my findings.
New Trent did reply back. They investigated & see the problems. They sent me a new updated Case for my I pad with Retina Display. It fits perfect now. The customer service I got from them is outstanding. They really stand by their products & the new case they sent me was free. This is what I call great customer satisfaction.

Rate and Discover Movies