1,883 Reviews
 (1,104)

Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:43 Mins
My review of the New Trent Imp62b Stylus-Champa. I have tested with iPhone, Android Phone and nook reader. Probably one of the best capacitive stylus I a have played with.
Published on November 29, 2011 by N. Davison

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but longer would be better.
I have an iPad and have been looking for a stylus to be able to use it like a writing tablet. I have tried the Adonit Jot Pro, Targus and Griffin Stylus, and now the New Trent stylus. They all have their good and bad points but this is my experience with the New Trent product and how it compared to the others.

Size: The stylus is short. I am a pretty tall guy...
Published on February 11, 2012 by Jim C

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but longer would be better., February 11, 2012
This review is from: New Trent (1PC) Limir Dual Purpose Stylus/Styli for Capacitive Touch Screen Smartphones and Tablets. 2-in-1: Stylus (Micro-Knit Tip) and Fine Ball Pen (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Size: The stylus is short. I am a pretty tall guy and I have long, skinny fingers. Short writing instruments are a challenge for me if they are not long enough for the top of the instrument to sit in the space between my thumb and hand. This stylus isn't long enough and so I found myself having to change the way I held it. I found that unnatural but not difficult to do.

Weight: This stylus, compared to the weighted Jot Pro, is extremely light. If you like holding on to your writing instrument and feeling some weight, this won't do it for you. But it turns out the weight is a plus for me considering the short size. I found that I was not fighting the weight to keep control because the stylus was shorter than I like.

Not-a-Stylus: This stylus has a ball point pen built in. It's the first stylus I have tried that had an extra capability, and I have found myself actually using the pen as much as the stylus side! The pen writes smoothly and evenly, and is easy to expose and retract. It is a really nice feature to have.

Stylus: Ok, so how about that capacitive mesh stylus? Looking at the photo I didn't really have an expectation for the stylus end, so when I got it I was a little surprised. At first it reminded me of a Q-Tip that wasn't wound tight. It doesn't sag off the side or anything but it is "soft". The Targus stylus is a rubber tip and is hard, giving almost nothing when using it to write or draw. The Adonit jot Pro is a hard metal ball. The New Trent stylus felt much less like a pen and more like a paint brush, making for very smooth transition to the surface when putting the stylus down to write. There was no hard, abrupt transition.

Function: This is the biggie for me. How well does it actually work? And how does that compare to the others I have used? New Trent wins, hands down. Surprised? I was too, but I have a very specific reason: it doesn't stick! My iPad is protected by a BodyGardz screen protector. The Adonit Jot Pro has a plastic disk on the end and it grabs the screen like crazy! I love the weight but with the screen protector it just isn't very functional. Using the Targus and Griffin styli they tend to hop or skip as they stick and then release from the display. Granted, this is only when I am trying to write notes and I press too hard but that's how I use it. The New Trent stylus is a smooth movement. For me that is most important.

I would change two things about it: length and weight. Longer and heavier would give it an easier to grasp, more solid feel. Would I buy it again? Maybe. If they make the changes I recommend, absolutely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique feel, Probably the best Capacitive stylus I have used!, November 29, 2011
Length:: 2:43 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparison of 3 Stylus products, November 23, 2011
Length:: 5:23 Mins

I have a new favorite stylus. !!
The New Trent is so much smoother and easier...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Stylus I Have Been Seeking, July 16, 2012
Sheryl Schopfer (Federal Way, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
I never liked the feel of finger painting. When I got an iPhone and iPad, I immediately got a few art applications for them and quickly discovered that the much touted "finger paint on your device" was going to rub me (or, at least, my finger) the wrong way. So, a search for a good stylus began.

Most of the styli out there have rubber tips. These might be fine for the glass screen of the iPhone and iPad, but my devices have protective coatings added to their screens. Rubber tipped styli drag against the coatings. The spongey tip of the Pogo stylus does not track well through the coating. The clear disk on the Jot stylus (which is an awesome concept) just sticks to the coating, not moving well (this was a major heartbreak to me, since I love the concept behind that stylus).

Huzzah, the micro-knit tip of this stylus succeeds! It glides across my protected screens easily and tracks as well as a finger. This is my go-to stylus; my collection (built up from trying different ones) now sits ignored. I even bought two more of this one as back-up in case I lose the first, since I found myself so happy with it.

The size works well for my hand, which is small. The built-in ball-point pen does work, but I generally forget about it and do not use it. I like that this stylus has a light color, making it easier to find when I dump it into a loose bag.

Overall, if you also have screen protectors on your tablet or smartphone and need a stylus that can work with the protective coating, then I recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compact stylus!, November 21, 2011
I haven't used a stylus for years but got this one to use on a new tablet. Wasn't sure I'd like it or even use it much but now I find myself looking around for it all the time! I even grab it when I pick up my new Galaxy S2 because it controls better than a finger and leaves no fingerprints!
I actually find that I make less "mistakes" with this than my finger especially when trying to do fine motion stuff. The Micro-Knit fabric(?) tip moves much better than a finger on the screen surface and of course leaves no mark.
If you have a need for a stylus (or if you haven't tried one yet) you can't go wrong with this one, it's compact, has a built in ballpoint in case you need, and works great on any type of screen! Love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Stylus!, January 29, 2012
21st Century Druid (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
Considering that this stylus is the only one I've ever used which I consider to WORK as a stylus, I'm giving it a rating of 4. The only reason I don't give it a 5 is because the "perfect" stylus would be thinner and have a back end tip which was easier to pen things with.

To date, this is the 3rd capacitive stylus I have "owned." However, I'm writing this review after having "researched" many and "used" several different types and brands.
This stylus is relatively short, which is a plus for me because I don't want it sticking out the end of my tablet case. If you have huge hands, then you may not like this feature. It is also somewhat stout. Certainly more so than a standard pen. If you have tiny hands, then you may not like that feature.

In my personal search for the "perfect" stylus, I have arbitrarily decided that the FIRST area of criticism for any (capacitive) stylus is how easily it slides across the screen.
Not all are made equal in these regards. As my point of reference for my comparison, I use my finger (of all things). Essentially, any stylus I endorse MUST slide across the screen with (at least) equal ease to my finger. After all, we're purchasing these things to help, not hinder.

Most every capacitive stylus I see on the market today has a RUBBER tip. How incredibly stupid this is cannot be politely expressed because the bottom line is that rubber is MUCH more difficult to use than your finger!! Thus, every rubber stylus (no matter how pretty or otherwise packed with gadgets, clocks and rocket launchers) can possibly hold a candle to this stylus I write about today. Note that isn't a praise to this stylus, but rather a mockery of so many others.

Today's stylus has a tip purportedly made from "micro-knit fiber" (it feels like a fine weave cloth). It slides across the screen MORE easily and smoothly than my finger (as opposed to worse). For me, this makes it the first (and only) stylus I've ever purchased which wasn't a complete waste of money. Now, for those of you who are intentionally buying a stylus which doubles as a pen, I must admit that the thickness of this stylus combined with the shortness of the pen tip may make it slightly awkward to write more than short notes with. However, I must still argue that, if the actual stylus tip doesn't work BETTER than your finger... then you ought to just be using YOUR FINGER, plus a NORMAL PEN.

A final remark:
The durability of this cloth weave tip is yet unknown. Time will tell. However I don't expect a smooth as glass surface to cause it much damage.

Have a nice day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Instructions for New Trent stylus, January 28, 2012
Gloster B. Aaron (PHILADELPHIA, PA. USA) - See all my reviews
These instructions for changing ink supply were sent to me by New Trent technician. Note: you can increase stylus length by 1/4 inch by not inserting top barrel all the way in.
The ink refill used inside the stylus pen is a D1 Mini 2 5/8". Unfortunately we don't carry any stock but it should be sold through the web or even a local office appliance store.

To exchange the ink refill, simply pull the pen apart in the middle where the black and the silver part meets. When opened, on the silver side, turn the white tip counter-clockwise to remove the pen ink(use pliers if needed). Insert your desire ink refill (must be 2 5/8" in length or trim to fit). Note: Be sure to reuse the white cap when exchanging pen ink as it is vital to the mechanism of the pen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Very Good, June 21, 2012
While the mesh tip of this pen is superior to other rubber type tips, the manual writing ink end broke before ever using it and the ink cartridge is just rattling around in the casing. The rattle is annoying and I am disappointed because I had the pen just two days when it broke.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok Stylus With Exploding Ink; Don't Buy, July 9, 2012
I have had the item for a little over 30 days now. It is not much longer than the previous version from what I see and is not that great to use due to the smaller size and then today the final reason why I will not buy this product again, the ink busted in the stylus for no reason at all and got ink everywhere. It was not dropped or smashed in any way but simply just started spilling ink.I am sending this to the manufacturer as well to see what they plan to do about it, if nothing my review will stand as is. If they take care of the issue I wil raise it up to a 3 or higher depending on how it performs...But as for now I can't recommend that anyone buy this stylus. New Trent Limir Stylus/Styli Touch Screen Cell phone Tablet Pen Champa Dual-Purpose)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for credit card Iphone-commerce, May 14, 2012
Makes signing a signature on an Iphone screen easy and more natural. Other styluses without the micro-knit tip, stick to the screen. Some of my customers said they were going to buy one for their "Draw Something" App.

Rate and Discover Movies