4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect
I bought this battery to power my iPhone and iPad and some other devices that are powered through USB. The capacity of this battery is stunning! I have not done scientific tests, but I can recharge my iPhone many many times before this battery need it's own recharge.

Published on April 2, 2011 by David Hofmann

3.0 out of 5 stars works well, but doesn't work with samsung galaxy tab 10.1
****BEGIN UPDATE****
Published on August 31, 2011 by A. Bonhomme

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, April 2, 2011

The first positive surprise was the small size. After reading the 11,000 mAh capacity I expected it to be larger and heavier. It was nice to see how compact it is.

Usage is super simple. Only one button to turn it on and one USB plug. Three LEDs show the status of the battery. Once charging is complete the unit will turn itself off automatically.

This battery is not only for traveling or when you are in areas without power, I found that I used it all the time now. It's just so convenient to just plug it in instead of finding a wall plug which are never in a convenient place and the cable is never long enough.

Recharging the battery itself takes about 4-5 hours but as I said, you will only have to do it once a week if at all.

Important for the iPad/iPad2:
The output is limited to about 1 amp. The iPad's original charger is 2.1 amp, so you don't get the same speed charging your iPad using this external battery. In theory charging would take twice as long as the original charger. In reality it's not as bad. I measured the original charger and the typical charge current is 1300-1600 mA. In reality the original charger is not twice as fast, but only 1.4x faster.

All other devices including the iPhone or iPod Touch will charge as fast as they can.

Overall I'm very happy with this battery. It exceeded my expectations in terms of capacity and it's smaller than you would think. The charge current is enough for any device with only a small compromise on the iPad/iPad2. After 4 months I have no encountered any issues. I would highly recommend this battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power, more POWER!, February 18, 2011
I have a couple of backup systems as I spend a lot of time in remote areas without any source of power. I have a Zagg Sparq2 and while they claim it can charge a phone 4 times it never has. I have at best gotten 1 3/4 charges out of it. I decided to try the New Trent 1100 ah pack and will say that it works great! Over the past long weekend on the trail I fully charged my Droid x 4 times and the unit still has power to spare. This is with the 1880ah extended battery in the phone. It let me use my droid GPS and google maps which are far superior to my regular gps whenever I needed or wanted to. I also had no worries that I needed to conserve my battery. Since I had such poor results with the Zagg unit, which weighs the same but only has a little more than 1/2 the storage, I took it along as well as a backup. I never had to use it! The New Trent pack has earned a place in my pack and will be putting many miles on in the coming months! Between it and my solar unit I feel like I will never be without the "juice" my electronics need again! The Zagg will be on ebay this weekend!

***UPDATE***
I was going to sell the Zagg unit on ebay but I went to charge it up for the second time the prongs broke internally. I failed to mention this was the same problem I had with the first Zagg unit I received and had replaced. Same deal with the second one. Stay away from the sparq2 from Zagg. I have been so impressed with the quality of the IMP1000 I bought a second one to carry with me for extra long trips and to carry everyday on remote jobs with no power hookup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my HTC Evo usable, January 10, 2011
I have the HTC Evo, and it's no secret that that phone's battery life is beyond horrible. I found myself changing my phone habits because I knew that if used any kind of data-heavy apps or 4g, I'd have to charge at least twice in a day. It was a serious drag because the Evo's a great phone, but I'd come home from my commute with a dead battery and an attractive paperweight in my pocket. Didn't feel like getting the extended internal battery either because I didn't want the extra bulk- I went that route with the Palm Pre and it made it fugly. The Evo's a beautiful phone, not something you want to slap a ghetto booty extended battery on.

This device has solved all my problems. It carres an enormous charge and charges the Evo FAST, like 100% within 2 hours. Not only that but I've been using it to charge the Evo regularly and haven't had to recharge the NewTrent unit once in a week of use. A whole week's worth of charges in your pocket! For someone used to having to find places to plug in constantly, that's tremendous freedom. I just plug the NewTrent into the Evo, stick both in my coat pocket, and pretty soon I'm back up and running at full battery. That simple. It's really improved my experience with my phone and lets me just enjoy it without worrying about where I'm going to get my next charge from.

Only downside is that this thing is a little bigger and heavier than I'd like. It's still remarkably compact for how much it carries, but you can feel the extra weight in your pocket. Probably best suited for people who have coats with big pockets, or carry purses or man bags. It's about the size of the power brick of a Macbook, if you can picture that. I still think the extra bulk is completely worth it though, given how much charge you're carrying here. It's seriously a lot of battery. A LOT. Couldn't be more pleased with that aspect of it, and I'm willing to overlook almost any other flaw considering how great the battery life on this thing is.

On top of that, you get a sweet heavy-duty USB charging cable on a reel, an AC adaptor, and a full selection of tips included free. Compare that to another similar device I ordered, the Splash Intense, which had half the battery life, no AC adaptor, and charging tips that broke the first day I used it. This one cost a little more but the quality is there. Much happier with this one.

If you're a smartphone user, you owe it to yourself to pick up one of these. Best cell accessory I've ever owned, hands down.

3.0 out of 5 stars works well, but doesn't work with samsung galaxy tab 10.1, August 31, 2011
****BEGIN UPDATE****
After more experimentation, I've found that this will "charge" a powered on Galaxy Tab although VERY VERY slowly. The battery icon on the tab won't indicate that it is charging, but nonetheless it actually will draw a charge from the battery pack (very very slowly). I would not recommend using it to charge the Tab after it already has a low battery because it draws the charge so slowly. Instead, I would start using the battery pack while you are actually using the Tab. So for example if you're going to use the Tab to watch a movie, instead of watching the movie then connecting the battery pack because the battery has drained, you should connect the batter pack while actually watching the movie.
****END UPDATE****

PROS:
It works well charging small USB devices. So I used it to charge a myTouch 3g, it charged it from about 12% to 70% at about the same speed I would have expected from a wall charger, but the last 30% seemed to take forever. It still had plenty of juice left though. I've charged other cell phones, ipods, MiFis with it, all of those seemed to work great.

CONS:
The trouble arose when I tried to use to charge my Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1-Inch, 32GB, Wi-Fi); which is the primary reason I purchased the battery (for long airplane flights). I connected the tablet and the battery/charge icon indicated that it wasn't charging. So after reading some more amazon reviews, I noticed another reviewer noted that it would only charge his galaxy tablet when he turned the tablet completely off. I tried this, and found it worked for me as well, but the charging was extremely slow.

Other reviewers have claimed that this battery charges the iPad slower than a wall charger because of the difference in amps. I imagine this is probably the same reason it won't charge the galaxy tab at all while the tab is on. From what I can tell, the galaxy tab charger is 2 amps, whereas I think I've read that the output of this external battery is only 1amp. I have ordered another external battery from a different vendor, despite some of its poor reviews: i.Sound Portable Power Max with 16,000 mAh for iPod, iPad, iPad2, iPhone, Droid, and Blackberry. It's listed as having an output of 2.5amps. So we'll see if it works any better with the galaxy tab.

Finally, the power button also had indicator lights "high, med, lo", but I've never noticed a change in the indicators. They are always all on, or all off, but never seem to change indicating the battery level. I haven't used it very often, so it is possible that I've just missed it every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Product, May 4, 2011
ok ill start off by saying is that this battery has been a life saver, i have been using now for a little over 6 months. i love that i been able to charge my phone like 10 times before recharging the battery pack. also i been able to charge my DSI XL and smaller battery packs that i own. now there is a flaw on this device. even though this will charge pretty much anything it does not, i have a galaxy tablet and i thought i could charge my tablet well i could not. for the simple fact that the new trent imp1000 max output is 1amp being that my tablets original cable is rated at 2amp the only way to charge it is when its off, it will not charge if you have your tablet on. so things that need 2amps to be charged this battery pack will not charge it. but overall i am happy with it has come in handy while deployed and when i travel. so if your thinking of buying this i say get it, if you are thinking about price i have to say this has got to be the cheapest i have seen it so hurry join the New Trent imp1000 club...

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Huge, Huge Power!!!, August 4, 2013
This review is from: New Trent PowerPak+ 13500mAh Portable Dual USB Port External Battery Charger/Power Pack for Smartphones, Tablets and more (Upgraded Version of NT120T) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
NewTrent makes many types of electronic accessories, but this 13,500mAh PowerPak is the most powerful I have found. First the battery pack is 10.2 ounces (that's fairly light and typical of a battery pack). It measures (1" X 2.5" X 5") which is also very convenient and typical. However, the `view' level of charge is extremely simple. I like the battery packs that actually give you a digital read-out or a 20% incremental reading. This battery has one light which shows, `Green' is full, `Blue' is about two-thirds, `Red' is about one-third and `no light' means no power. My battery came fully charged, but when empty, it took about eight to ten hours to fully charge (the instructions claim eleven hours, but I am guessing that's from zero).

It's a good idea to let your battery go down to about 10%-15%, but no lower. This keeps the battery life lasting and it already claims to recharge over 500 times! You charge through the included cord with the micro USB port to a regular USB that can be charge through your computer or through a wall outlet. If you use an adapter type device attachment for an electrical outlet you will get a faster charge.

There are two out USB ports on the same top side. The grey on grey is a little tough to read, but one is a 5V/1A for smartphones and the other is a 5V/2.1A for tablets (or simply a faster charge for anything). The difference is significant in charging time.
You can charge virtually anything. Just some geek info: "mAh" means `Milli-ampere hour'. It's the rating of the battery. It means your battery is of a 13,500 mAh rating.

I have an iPhone 4S and it will charge almost seven times. It charged my iPad mini and my iPhone 4S together in about (5.5) hours from a starting point of 15% full. I would suggest charging one device at a time to be sure of a full charge in a faster time. If overnight, use them both.

The battery is a very high quality "Lithium-ion polymer". There is no stated claim that you can never over-charge or damage the battery or your device. Having said that, with all the batteries I've used, I think that is a rare possibility. There is also a nice black felt pouch included for carry. It's really not the most aesthetically pleasing battery or fancy, but for 13,500 mAh of power and the price, it is a true bargain. Product supplied for review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical and powerful charger for personal electronics!, July 1, 2011
CONS: The blue lights showing remaining charge are few - I'd like more lights if possible (say 5 or 10) to have a better idea of how much charging capability remains. Really, though I wish I could give the product 4.75 stars!

PROs: I recently purchased the New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh. So far it has successfully charged an iPad 3G WiFi 16 GB and an iPod Touch 2, an iPod Touch 4, an iPhone 3GS and two iPod2 3G WiFi 64 GB - of course not all at once; only the iPod Touch 2 was actually totally depleted. The recharging was much faster than I expected - as was noted by another reviewer, and serial charging (one after the other) did not seem to slow it down.

I am quite impressed with the speed of charging other devices and the amount of charge remaining in the iCruiser IMP1000 after each charge. It also recharges its own batteries as indicated - just a few hours and you are ready to go out and charge! again.

OTHER: I found that the description wasn't entirely clear about turning on and monitoring the power strength. On the other hand, I really didn't need instructions - I had no trouble using the device.

In speed and ease of use, the IMP1000 is beating out any other portable power backup I've ever tried, including the convenient but much weaker Zagg Sparq!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device for travel!, November 29, 2013
This New Trent Power Pack(NT135) is a travelers delight! It provides multiple recharges to almost any portable device that can charge from a USB port (I use it for my ipads and iphones). I believe it is the largest battery on the market at this time, at 13500 mAh. For someone like me, who does a lot of traveling, this device has been extremely useful since, while I travel, USB charging ports, and electrical outlets can be difficult to find or unavailable. This allows me to also charge 2 devices at once.

I read some reviews that complain this is made of plastic, but I love how it is made. The NT 135 looks slick, isn’t too heavy (size of an iphone but thicker at about 10 oz)), has a wonderful grip/feel to it, dissipates heat well as it never gets hot, and is really a nice looking charger. The unit has 2 usb ports, one is for 2amp tablets and the other is a 1 amp for phones. The unit is very solid and I would not expect it to break if I dropped it by mistake. I also like that it charges fast and turns itself off when my phone/ipad is full charged. Nice touch.

I tested my iphone 5S on it and it charged it 6 times!

Although this NT 135 could fit in your jacket pocket (or bike pack, hiking pack, etc.) I think it is best not as a “day " charger, but more as a travel charger. However, I also have it set up on my work desk so I can charge my Ipad and Iphone 5s at the same time.

The unit, as expected with it’s large capacity, took about 9 hours to recharge and 11 hours when using my Mac. When it does need a charge, I just plug it in over night, which I have had to do only once a week.

I would definitely buy this unit again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to all expectations, February 12, 2013
First off I must say the New Trent NT120T has exceeded all expectations
thus far. This thing feels built like a rock and it is. I've been using
it exclusively for a while now and have no worries about it breaking when I
throw it around in a gym bag or if it falls off the nightstand. Breaking
is always a major concern for me when spending $$$ like this for an extra
battery but that's no longer a concern with this device.

There are several features that I really like about the NT120T compared to
other chargers. The NT120T has two charging ports; one for just phones and
another for phones or tablets that puts out more juice. If you use that
second port for a phone it seems to charge it much quicker. I also really
like how there is a micro USB cable to charge the battery itself. This is
nice because it can be used with any standard iPhone wall plug rather than
its own separate wall charger which takes up extra space when you're trying
to pack lightly. Lastly, my favorite feature is the automatic shut off. The
fact that the NT120T is really easy to use is another huge plus for me. One
button turns it on and shuts it off. Also if you unplug your device, the
battery pack automatically shuts down after about 30 seconds so you can
conserve that energy.

I had the perfect opportunity to use the NT120T this last weekend for an
all day scavenger hunt around the city where we were using internet clues
and GPS walking navigation for 10 straight hours. Something like that is a
total battery drainer but with the NT120T I had no worries. We were in a
group of five and everyone had either an iPhone 4 or iPhone 5 so we used
both charging ports to keep everyone stocked with enough juice to last us
all day. I was fully expecting the NT120T to be all used up by the end of
the day but when we were all finished there were 3 bars left (out of 4)
which absolutely shocked me. I'm really curious now how long it would
really take to drain this monster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective portable charger with long battery life, January 6, 2011
Ariel Adams (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
For a long time I have been wanting to get a portable charger for my mobile phones. Phone batteries stink, and with my usage I can't go a full day of traveling without my phone's battery life getting too low for comfort. Eventually I decided to research the chargers out there. I wanted something portable, able to charge multiple portable devices, and have the longest battery life possible. New Trent's IMP1000 has an impressive level of battery life rating, beating out most everything else I have been in this size signature. The device itself is small, and straight forward in its design. New Trent includes a few charging adapters in the box including iPhone/iPad/iPod, USB, Mini USB, Mico USB, and another one that I believe is for certain mobile phones. They have additional ones available for purchase. I like everything about the product except the little pouch that it comes with to store the cable and adapters. It is too small, and too easy to allow for things to get lost. Find yourself a better carrying case, and you've got a battery that will let you watch movies on your iPhone all the way to Singapore!