Customer Discussions > Star Fox 64 3D forum

New features?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 8, 2011 11:18:14 AM PDT
I know that this game will be considered a port, not a remake like Zelda:OoT. I was just wondering if this game will have any new features for the story mode, like stage selecting or new bonus missions?

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 3:57:52 PM PDT
Tico says:
It is considered a remake, they are upgrading the graphics, everything looks better. So in my opinion it is a remake of the N64 classic.

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 4:20:55 AM PDT
E. Ojeda says:
the only 2 things that are new is the "3DS mode" which lets you fly the arwing with the gyro sensor.

the other thing is the Battle mode has your face shown during gameplay from the camera. Dont really care for this feature though since i want full realism and a giant picture makes it look like im fighting against giant faces. At least that's what the trailer looked like. I hope it looks better on my screen.

Posted on Jul 6, 2011 2:17:13 PM PDT
meganick says:
This and Zelda 3DS are neither ports nor remakes. They are remasters.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2011 1:56:20 PM PDT
Agreed. Not straight ports but nowhere near remakes by Nintendo's usual standards. Remastered versions sound right.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 3:15:02 PM PDT
I really don't like the "gyro" modes in games. Like in OoT 3d aiming with the gyro and having the 3d on does NOT work out well at all. The 3d only works right if you are in a very small window, so moving it around screws that up big time.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 5:51:31 PM PDT
E. Ojeda says:
A bunch of MP changes. Its practically a new MP with new modes and upgrades but sucks its only local .

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 8:27:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2011 8:27:27 PM PDT
koolaid man says:
The developers never intended on players using the gyro and 3d at the same time. If anything, its a feature for people who can't enjoy 3d more than anything. And honestly its still kinda awkward to move the system around for aiming personally so I turned it off for OoT in favor of the 3D most of the time.

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 4:59:45 PM PDT
To me, it is mostly a remastered edition of the N64 classic. To me, I loved it at the beginning, but I really am not interested in the 3DS motion control, thankfully the classic N64 control scheme is here.

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 3:34:53 PM PDT
Jaysz_9 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 8:17:55 PM PDT
moogle11 says:
This game will be such a nostalgia trip ^^ I really hope it sells enough to convince Nintendo to get to work on 'Star Fox Galaxy' for Wii-U !

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 8:06:38 AM PDT
This game will be a great way to waste time until Mario 3D Land comes out.

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 6:03:26 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 13, 2011 6:04:11 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2011 7:57:29 AM PDT
Magnus says:
Hey I am happy they remade two of my favortie N64 games. Very nice gaming on the go. Really looking forward to this game can still sit down and play it today.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2011 7:58:29 AM PDT
Magnus says:
It is a busy fall for the 3DS with Star Fox, Mario Land and Mario Kart.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2011 7:34:56 AM PDT
I agree, I am going to have a really good time catching up with Star Fox 64 for the Nintendo 3DS.

Posted on Aug 27, 2011 8:30:03 PM PDT
P. R Sundeen says:
The other big change is that, after completing a stage, stages are available to select individually for score attacks.

This is awesome, as in the original some of the later stages in teh "hard" path were not seen often.

Posted on Aug 28, 2011 6:33:18 AM PDT
Julie Krick says:
I agree with Benjamin M. Cady, it seems that Nintendo is releasing one of their game each month till Christmas.
SEP. Star Fox 64 3D
OCT.Pokemon Rumble Blast
NOV.Super Mario 3D Land
DEC.Mario Kart 7 & Kid Icarus Uprising

Anyway, the new features are score attacks you can get after completing that stage.
Battle Mode, play with up to 3 friends, and they don't need a game card! (well you do)
And the new 3DS mode which uses the gyroscope to move your ship.
Can't Wait!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Star Fox 64 3D forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Jun 8, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 28, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Fox 64 3D
Star Fox 64 3D by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (193)