New release date for the twilight saga: The oficial guide

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 63 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 30, 2009 1:17:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2009 1:20:14 AM PDT
Just find out...
DECEMBER 31TH, 2010 ...

Just a thought on the new date: i'm not what you call a fan of marketing campaings, but i believe they are necessary for obvious reasons..
But this is WAY out of control. People have pre-order it for almost a year now and then they decide to push it until next year? Keep in mind, the third movie is due in november 2010... then you get this book.. and then the fourth movie..
What a joke!
I enjoyed the books and the movie, but it seems to me that miss Meyer cares only about money and fame(i remark only cause money and fame are okay, just as long as it comes with something else in the picture).
I have lost all sense of respect to Miss Meyer as an artist.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Twilight-Saga/Stephenie-Meyer/e/9780316043120/?itm=1&USRI=the+twilight+saga+the+official+guide

Posted on Oct 1, 2009 5:22:32 PM PDT
Malinda says:
I think Ill be requesting a refund for this book, I have been waiting since early January and I don't want to wait another year and a half for one book, Stephanie Myers is letting this fame thing go to her head and its not a good thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2009 1:33:07 PM PDT
Amazon doesn't charge your account until it actually ships your item, so you don't need a refund. Just un-pre-order it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2009 9:03:54 AM PDT
BookBesties says:
i don't belive it is her that decides when the book is released. it is up to the publishing company (little brown) the book has been done for a while i just think that the company wants to hold off on it as long as they can in order to gain more fans for the saga and then release it to make more money. is that cool, no. i am one of the ones who pre-ordered this book almost a year ago and wish they would stop with the release dates and just release it already!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009 5:11:32 PM PDT
Christina says:
3rd movie is out June 30, 2010 and I don't think it's Stephenie Meyer's decision when the book comes out. Also, some sites are saying Dec 31, 2010 for the release of this book but that's not a fixed date. They just say Dec 2010 as an estimate.

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 11:44:41 AM PDT
Beth Sims says:
i did the same as everyone else ,i pre-ordered this book and it had been so long that they took my order off! YEA! i wuzn't to happy. i have been patiently waiting , waiting for this book. and i really like SM so i don't want to down her but, this has gone on for way to long , i mean everyone on this planet has read all the books so there's not a whole lot that we don't already know, what more could they add?

Posted on Oct 15, 2009 1:34:02 PM PDT
Carol says:
For some reason I didn't pre-order back when Breaking Dawn was released, I come back today to check up on it, and this is what I see. First, it was held back until Jan 09, then until summer, then recently I heard somewhere near the New Moon movie opening date, now this? I wonder if all this Twilight hype got to their (I don't even know who 'their' is, but there has to be someone to blame) heads. I don't even know what to think anymore. By the time they release this, I won't even want it anymore. Their loss. Or maybe not since the tweens are really really lovin' Edward Cullen.

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 8:46:58 AM PDT
Jennifer K says:
If memory serves, the Official Guide did have a release date of December 31, 2008. I remember seeing that in the back of Breaking Dawn. I recall them postponing the release date after it was announced that Midnight Sun had leaked and would be on hold indefinitely. I always hypothesized that maybe it was postponed because S. Meyer had quit working on Midnight Sun and, since that was going to be a part of the saga, she wanted MS included in the guide.
This gives me a shred of hope that we can expect Midnight Sun prior to the release date of the Guide :) But who knows....perhaps that's just a set-up for disappointment. Only time will tell.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2009 6:17:11 PM PDT
chellearia says:
Jennifer M.
I think you make a good point about MS (fingers crossed). It could also be that SM and/or Little realized how much people wanted to know about the Twilight universe and they decided to add to it. I never heard that it was completely finished.

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 3:24:05 AM PST
December 2010..... what the heck....
They should not make it available for preorder then if they are going to push it back so much!

Posted on Nov 8, 2009 10:46:03 AM PST
are you serious?! 2010?! ...at this moment and time i have lost any interest i had left in this book.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2009 12:34:41 PM PST
B. Hickey says:
the 3rd movie is coming out June 30,2010 and that is the exact date 4 the movie so this book will come out soon hopefully

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2009 3:30:55 PM PST
T. Reynolds says:
Rob said they are aiming for Fall 2010 to start shooting BD. It depends on his shooting scheduel for Bel Ami and UC.

Posted on Nov 22, 2009 3:34:11 PM PST
B. Sarver says:
If SM only cared about money and fame, she would finish Midnight Sun. Since she isn't then you all should realize that the decision to push back the release date has nothing to do with SM.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2009 5:50:05 PM PST
I thought the third book was coming out on June 30th...Dec 2010 is way too late to wait. Thanks for the update - I definitely won't be buying this now!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2009 5:36:25 AM PST
T. Winney says:
Isn't the third movie due to open in June of 2010?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2009 9:39:21 PM PST
Beth Sims says:
i heard the same thing! how is that possible when it took them a year between the first two. if june is the real release date then that will only be 6mons.

Posted on Dec 5, 2009 9:53:21 PM PST
Beth Sims says:
what more could they possibly be adding to the "official guide". in about 6 mons. we will be watching the third movie
and most of the world has already read all of her books, (i'm sure more than once). an me i like to get all the books associated with twilight and all the movies. so release the book already!

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 8:23:07 PM PST
Blackheart says:
sm has nothing to say about release dates because that the publishers job
and they want the most fans possible so we're gonna have to wait for all 4 movies :(

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 4:36:17 PM PST
Rosie says:
The 2nd movie wrapped in May of 2009; the 3rd movie wrapped in September 2009 ~ filmed almost back to back of each other, which was a great plan since vamps aren't suppose to age. I wish Summit had planned for BD to film right after EC! If it begins filming in the fall of 2009, it probably won't be released until June of 2011 ~ Yikes! SM has nothing to do w/the release date of her books; that is all up to the publisher. Perhaps, as someone has already mentioned, MS is part of the TW Saga and SM hopes to 'hear from Edward' so that she'll have it completed. That would definitely make it worth the wait!

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 6:00:41 PM PST
chellearia says:
I honestly don't expect to see BD until fall/Nov of 2011 since the last Harry Potter movie comes out in June of 2011. I don't think they want the two franchises to go head-to-head. And if they do two movies for BD, I'd expect to see the second part in June of 2012.

About MS, Stephenie discusses it in her Q and A with twilightsaga. It's at Stephenie's website at this link:
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/nm_movie_qanda.html

Posted on Dec 19, 2009 2:55:41 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 19, 2009 2:56:06 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 21, 2010 5:45:35 AM PST
Well the Twilight Addiction has worn off on me. I will not buy the Official guide or spend another dime on Twilight merchandise. As far as im concerned she released Midnight Sun herself to see if fans would be interested and claimed it was "leaked". At the time we all would of jumped on the saga from Edwards Point of view but SM has let money go to get head and is allowing these books to be moved to release dates that the book company believe will bring in more money, she could have them released sooner if she wanted to fight for it. At think point the Twilight hype is really gone and I think they just hurt their chances at making alot of money. "Strike while the Irons hot" isnt that the saying? Ill just wait until I have kids and my teenage daughter brings home the book since thats when its likely to be released.

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 2:22:02 PM PST
Sharon says:
Don't blame the publishers. I don't think Meyer even ever finished this. She was supposed to, but after the whole MS thing, she's been 'too sad too write', so yeah...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2010 11:11:55 PM PST
Yeah, agreed. I don't know too much about book publishing and stuff, but I was under the impression that first SM gives the go ahead to publish the book once she has finished or nearly finished writing it, and then they set the date, so within those limits, it is their (the publishers) choice. But where this particular book's date keeps getting reset, it seems there are some serious problems with it and I don't know but it just seems that would more likely be on SM's end than the publishers, I can't think of why they would be so hesitant to release a finished book. Just my opinion ^__^

I admit though I am hooked on the series and would really love to read this. I just wish someone would come out and explain why this book is having a year-long on-again-off-again relationship with the release date!!!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  46
Total posts:  63
Initial post:  Sep 30, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 5, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide
The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide by Stephenie Meyer (Hardcover - April 12, 2011)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (270)