New zi8 won't turn off Just purchased zi8.Took a couple of short videos. Connected via USB to Macbook Pro, then disconnected. Now I cannot turn the camera off nor can I play, replay, get to settings (button will not activate) or do anything else.Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a solution? It is Saturday so Kodak support is not available until Monday. Thanks.
asked by Alfred H. Palmer Jr. on July 16, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
Hey, I don't have the same problem after connecting to a computer. But when I'm in review mode and delete a photo/video and turn off the camera directly without going back to camera mode, I've noticed that the screen stays on, but black and none of the buttons, not even power, will work. You just have to simply remove the front cover, take out the battery and put it back in. I've had to do this 3 times thus far and it's not a consistently occurring problem, but the solution works every time.
MC answered on July 16, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks MC.
While I was frustrated it occurred to me to do the same so I attempted to remove the battery. Like you said, "it works every time." Thank you again. I think now I'll really enjoy this camera.
Alfred H. Palmer Jr. answered on July 16, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just had the same problem and it worked, many thanks
Ian clayton
Ian R. Clayton answered on September 5, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product