Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "NewAir AC-10000E 10,000 BTU Portable Air Condition..." and save 39% off the $497.47 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
NewAir AC-10000E 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner With Auto Evaporative Technology
Want professional installation of this product?
- Handpicked pros
- Compare estimates and reviews
- Buy directly on Amazon
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- The most energy efficient 10,000 BTU portable air conditioner available!
- Compact, space-saving design cools up to 325 square feet
- Built-in dehumidifier removes over 50 pints of moisture from the air per day for a dryer, more comfortable indoor environment
- Advanced auto-evaporative technology virtually eliminates condensate buildup and improves overall energy efficiency
- Remote control and easy-install window kit included
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The NewAir AC-10000E unit is a 3-in-1 appliance, including an air conditioner, fan, and dehumidifier. Along with its compact and portable design, it is the perfect cooling solution for relaxing during the day and also when it comes to having a joyful and peaceful sleep at night. It provides cooling of coverage areas of up to 325 square feet, ideal for most rooms. The AC-10000E comes complete with an air filter that provides cleaner and crisp air while eliminating excess moisture, providing you with a fresh environment each and every time. This washable air filter also helps eliminates harmful airborne particles. This AC-10000E Air Conditioner was designed to be reliable, provide comfort, while also only taking up minimal space.
The self-evaporative technology allows for hours of continuous operation without any extra condensation buildup. It also eliminates the hassle of constantly emptying out water tanks several times a day and instead removes collected moisture by evaporating it into the exhausted air. Complete with an R-410A refrigerant and an air purification system, this unit is guaranteed to satisfy the needs of both you and your family.
No Permanent Installation
Not every living space can accommodate a bulky window air conditioner, therefore this portable unit doesn’t require any permanent installation, so there’s no aggressive manual labor required. Simple remove it from its packaging and plug it in. It also comes with an extendable window kit that can be set up in minutes on both horizontal and vertical windows.
Compact Space-Saving Design
Keep your chosen room cool, well ventilated and free from excessive moisture with this compact, convenient, sleek, and portable design. Its verified 10000 BTUs allow you to cool areas up to 325 square feet, which cover most average sized rooms and offices. This silvery/ greyish design is going to blend in nicely with any interior décor. Featuring adjustable air louvers to the front, this portable air conditioner allows you to control and target airflow and direct it to exactly where you need cool air. The electronic controls are simple and easy to adjust and the display screen features an LED light, ensuring clear visibility. With its 12 hour programmable timer, you can set the portable air conditioner to start operating when you want; this saves time while also reducing energy consumption. It also provides you with the option of choosing from two fan speeds for custom cooling and comfort.
- Easy-to-use electronic controls and LED display screen
- Complete with an R-410A refrigerant
- Compact, portable, and sleek design
- Perfect for cooling small rooms and offices
- Self-evaporative technology eliminates the hassle of emptying water tanks
- Two speed options allow for custom controlled cooling
- Verified 10,000 BTUs allow you to cool areas of up to 325 square feet
- Washable air filter eliminates harmful airborne particles
Count on NewAir for advanced technology, exceptional design and quality products. When it comes to small and portable appliances for your home, we are the industry leader, ensuring that our products are stylish, easy to use and energy efficient. From the factory to the warehouse, from the sales floor to your home, the whole NewAir family promises to provide you with innovative products, exceptional service, and support when you need it the most.
10,000 BTUs / 325 Sq Ft
12,000 BTUs / 425 Sq Ft
14,000 BTUs / 525 Sq Ft
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
* Size/Weight/Move-ability 10/10 -- I think the size and weight are fine, the unit is heavy (~50lbs) but not so heavy that you can't lift it from the box, it does have handles on the side to grab, and rolls in any direction on casters. It's not very large, about the size of a modern dehumidifier or mini-fridge
* Front Panel/Controls 5/10 -- The controls are straight forward and easy to use, the exception being that when you're in the "AUTO" mode you can not adjust the fan speed, it's a little odd. The big problem, and why I rate it 5/10 is that there are six SUPER BRIGHT LEDs on the front of the unit, as far as I can tell they serve no purpose whatsoever, they are simply there and they are on whenever the unit is on. When it's bright in the room it's not a big deal, but at night when you're trying to sleep this is a big issue, I'm probably going to have to cut out little wedges of electrical tape or something to stick over them. It comes with an IR remote that lets you control it as well. The display on the front will show the room temperature normally and when you are adjusting the temperature controls up and down it will change to show the desired temp for a few seconds. One note here is that the unit seems to stop cooling even when you're a good 5*F or so away from the desired temp--Example, it was 78* in my room last night and I set the unit for 73* it was running for a while but when the temp hit 77* the compressor shut off for a very long time and the room started to feel hot, temp went back up to 78* and it clicked back on...Read more ›
First of all, it is easy to install. I was worried about the exhaust hose through the window because that seemed complicated and way above my head. I had my brother come over and install it even though he assured me even I could do it :P It took him 20 minutes total. And MOST of that time was setting up the basics like where she wanted it and the direction it faced etc. The exhaust hose was trivial and it fit in her window just fine even though she has a sliding window left to right not up and down. It takes up a small space in the window and from the outside I didn't even see it.
It was heavy for me, but probably fine for most people.
It has a thermometer on the front so it tells you what temperature it is at when you start it and continues to update you as it goes down. It was 95 when she turned it on and within an hour it was down to 83. So basically it cooled her room by 12 degrees. That may seem small but also keep in mind it is constantly blowing cold air so she could point it at herself and it was instant relief the entire time. It has a remote too so she could adjust it from her bed.
I can't remember the wattage of it so check that. It is something like 1200 watts? Our only problem was that most fuses can only handle a total of 2000 watts.(I am typing this from what I was told so forgive me if my numbers are not 100% accurate) It was on the same circuit breaker as my bathroom and my hair dryer is 1200 watts so when I used it it blew a fuse. No big deal once I moved my hair dryer to another outlet.
IMO 12 degrees is worth it, especially since you might even get better results of you don't have all of the electronics she has.
This was also a great price compared to the other models I looked at which got bad reviews.
When I called tech support for Air & Water I was told that I was initially told just don't use the unit on auto. Use the cool setting. I asked for an explanation for this and found out that the unit works the followig way:
Auto Mode - Sets the temperature for 74DegF period. The unit then cools down to that setpoint and turns the compressor off until the room temperature goes back to 79DegF...a 5 degree delta which is ridiculous. You can still seemingly change the temperature setpoint but apparently this doesn't really do anything. Behind the scenes the unit is still set at 74DegF no matter what you set the set point at...Again, not very logical or intuitive and tech support could offer no explanation for this.
Cool Only Mode: This mode you would think is just compressor always on but they told me this mode is where the temperature set point comes into play. So set the temperature and the unit will apparently control to that temperature which would be perfect except you have to use this mode with the timer...So you set the timer to have the unit be physiclaly on for X hours up to 12 hours and then it will control to the temperature set point and at the end of X hours the unit powers off. I asked what happens if you wanted to stay in the room and be cool for say 13 hours...there was no answer for that. I guess you have to turn the unit off, let it sit for a bit and turn it on again for another 1 hour on the timer...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Damaged on bottom when rec'd. Too heavy for me to lug down steps to return. Propped up on books...runs ..but I worry.Published 4 months ago by Georgia Varble
This AC blows out some really cold air, which is great. The unit does a good job cooling down a 280 square foot room, and also effective in dehumidifying as well. Read morePublished 6 months ago by REVIEWER12345
Arrived on time, however, after getting everything hooked up, it didn't work! Made a grinding noise, no air would blow out and started heating up. Read morePublished 7 months ago by HummerGirl
I have owned a New Air Portable Air Conditioner, 10,000 BTU's, for three years. It has been terrific!
My central air does not cool the second floor bedroom efficiently! Read more
I've had this unit for a couple years. Lost the sliding window attachment.
Inquired via email and was provided a number to call to order another one. Read more
Had high hopes but when it arrived it was bulkier than expected, the buttons on the machine didn't work and it did not fit in my standard sized window. Had to return it. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Maggie
We bought this right before a heat wave was coming in San Diego. It made a difference.
This works better in our bedroom than our larger living room, and does cool it... Read more