VINE VOICEon November 26, 2013
I received this unit as a review sample. I've reviewed Bolse products before and found them to be very high quality. The first thing I do with any usb charger I get it hook up a variety of devices and test them with a usb current meter. The high power usb compatibility and output varies widely and without an electric meter to perform actual measurements it's hard to know if you are trickle charging or getting full power.

With this model the two iPad/U ports work well with Apple products like you'd expect. The Samsung/U port works well with Samsung and ASUS smartphones and tables, putting out just over 1W.

The reason I'm docking it 3 stars is because the two side ports labeled Universal(U) are terrible. The label on the device says they should be 1A ports. I measured around 0.444A with every single device I tried. For those not familiar with USB 0.5A is the max that a standard USB 2.0 port will put out, and many devices will draw just under that. It seems to me that in this case they didn't wire up the data pins on these side ports correctly, resulting in all devices failing to sense that they could draw up to 1A and then falling back to the save 0.5A max. I'm not sure if this is a design flaw with every unit of this model type or if it is a manufacturing defect with my particular unit. Either way, it's not acceptable.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
With the large number of power hungry devices that most of have now, finding a place to charge them all can be a problem. The Bolse 5-port USB charger is a solution to your charging problems.

It comes with a 5 foot cable that is plenty long for you to place it where you need it. A small slit glows yellow on the front of the unit to let you know that it is ready to go. There is one port on the left and right sides (1A each) and three (2A) ports on the bottom. The manual says 2 are for iPad/iPhone and the last one is for Samsung. They are universal, except the manual says the Samsung port will not charge an iPad, which after testing found was accurate.

The white color will go well with your Apple devices. There are rubber feet on the bottom that will help hold it in place if you are plugging in multiple devices. I like the fact that there are ports on three sides although your preferences may vary. This product does its job very well! Thanks LowerPriceUSA for providing me this awesome wall charger.

Review sample.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 4, 2013
This is a really nice heavy duty looking charger. All the ports are universal so you don't have to worry about sticking anything into the wrong port. I've used them all at once - charging 2 phones, 2 headsets, and 1 mouse. It worked like a charm. What I really liked most about it was that it isn't one of those charges that hang right on the wall. It's got about a 5 foot length cord that you can plug into the wall and be able to move the charger where you please. I honestly can't think of anything negative. It's a really good charger and I would carry this around when I travel. I liked the fact that the LED light isn't too bright. I remember I had this Bolse 4 port charger that had such a bright LED light that it was more like a night light then a charger LOL but this one is a much improved charger. Great great improvement. I received this charger for a honest review.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
and both are pretty much not living up to the expectations.
Maybe they work ffine for Apple but my Note 2 and my 8.9 Kindle
do not well with this chargers.....

++++++UPDATE+++++++++

The 5 port died today on my. It does not charge either my kindle now any of my phones. Will send it back.
I don't think I will ask for a replacement
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is an ideal product for today's digital home or office. This is a desk top USB charger that can charge 5 devices at the same time. In the video I show it charging an iPad Air, and iPad 2, two iPhone 5 S units and a Kindle Fire all at the same time. The charger is rated to be able to supply 40 watts of power which is 8 Amps at 5 volts. The unit operates on 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz. It has the following ports:

* Two universal ports on the sides that output 5VDC at 1 Amp each
* Two universal iPad ports that output 5 VDC and 2 Amps
* One Samsung universal port that outputs 5 VDC at 2 Amps

Please note that the Samsung port would not charge my Apple devices at all but it would charge my Kindle Fire.
I like that the unit comes with a 5 foot long AC power cord. It will reach up to the top of a desk and create a power docking station for all of your charging requirements. This is great for an office desk to charge your phone and tablets and your visitors can also charge their devices. You can charge your tablets, smart phones, Bluetooth headphones or basically any device that needs a 5VDC power source and between 1 to 2 amps. This is an excellent product and I rated it as a 5 star item

I received a sample product for evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
USB charging has become somewhat of a standard in recent years. Almost all portable electronic devices can now be charged using a standard USB outlet. The only difference being the size of the output current, with higher currents usually more appropriate for tablets, while the lower ones are used primarily with smartphones and other low-power accessories (headphones, e-readers, smart pens, etc.) However, with the proliferation of USB-powered devices, we now face a problem of cable clutter. This is where multiple USB port come in handy. They are compact, occupy just a single wall outlet, and allow for charging of multiple devices.

Bolse 5-port USB charger is compact and versatile enough to be a great travel companion. You can just pack this one charger for a trip, and will have enough outlets to help you charge all of your compact electronic devices. It is an ideal USB charger for charging all of your small electronic devices without the help of computers or stand-alone individual chargers. It can also be used in an office environment where access to the wall outlets is not very convenient - just a single power cord enables you to put this small charger on your desk where it will be accessible by all of your other devices.

I have used this charger with my iPhone, Galaxy S3 phone, iPad, Kindle, and my Bluetooth headphones. It charged all of those devices quickly and efficiently.

This charger looks and feels very solid. It will probably sustain many years of repeated use. It is also fairly elegant, and it will not be out of place even in the more aesthetically demanding office environments.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Click to watch this video
Length:: 0:42 Mins

I always seem to be charging up several devices at once, some for testing, and others for everyday use. I'll never forget the night I was trying to charge up seven devices overnight and had I had a spare charger, I probably would have used it. This is definitely a high-powered battery charger I'll be getting a lot of use out of, especially with the compatibility factor and that total of 8A I can receive.

On one face there are two ports for the iPad and one for the Samsung/U. The other two ports, on either side of the brick are Universal (U) ports. The indicator, which lets you know everything is up and running, has a yellowish tint that won't aggravate you if you are charging in your bedroom during the light. Although I don't mind the bright blue LED lights, some people are sensitive to them.

I've tested and used a lot of Bolse products, and for the most part have been impressed with their quality and functionality. Oddly enough, the product I've used the most have been their dual port AC chargers. I'm very pleased with the five ports and it will be very useful for families who have multiple devices and need overnight charging. I'm definitely impressed and will be using the Bolse 5-port USB charger frequently, especially when I have a lot of testing to do.

FEATURES:

► 5 USB Port Max Output: 5V / 8A, Two Port iPad/iPhone(5V/2A Each), One Samsung Port(5V/2A), Two universal Apple/Android Port(5V/1A Each)
► AC 110-220V input voltage, Supper Compact and unibody design, World first 5 port 5V/8A USB Charger
► Simultaneously charge all your devices at full speed (for iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle, External battery, Bluetooth Speaker and headset)
► Super long detachable power cord (5ft/1.5M) lets you plug into any standard wall outlet and leave the USB charger on the desktop
► Over-voltage, over-current, short-circuit protection design

SPECS:

► Color: White/Black
► Safety approval: CE & FCC & RoHs

WARRANTY:

~ 12 months limited

Sample provided for review.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon November 23, 2013
Single-piece chargers that plug into the wall are great for traveling since they are so compact, but a pain to use in the house since it requires clear access to an outlet. This charger is far more practical to use on a desk or table top since it has a separate cord that plugs into the wall, allowing you to place the charger on a desk.

The charger itself has a lot more heft than I expected. It feels very solidly made, and the plastic case is nicely molded with good seams. It’s pretty compact, measuring about 4 inches long and 2.75 inches wide. It has 4 non-slip feet on the base that kept it firmly in place even when I pulled a bit on cables that were attached.

It has five USB outlets. Two are positioned on the sides (one per side) and are labeled as “universal.” Those are rated as 1A. The remaining three are on the end. Two are labeled as “iPad”; the third is “Samsung.” Those are rated as 2A.

The power cord plugs into the end opposite the USB plugs, and has a molded end that’s easy to grip and insert. The 5 foot cord is very stout and well-made. I had no problems positioning the charger on my desktop and plugging it into a power strip that was on the floor.

While this is more bulky than a travel-style charger, the ability to position it on my desk makes it a lot easier to use. The build quality is solid, and it works well with everything I plugged into it to charge (a variety of tablets, some power banks, and a phone). Zero complaints, and I would highly recommend this.
[Sample provided for review]
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
As usual I received this product in exchange for an honest review. Despite that kindness my candid opinions appear below.

To the positive side, this unit is powerful and reasonably compact. Aesthetically, white isn't my personal first choice, but the yellow LED is a vast improvement over other models with the blue LED that basically act as a nightlight. Also, like many other chargers, this one offers multiple output ratings in different ports but in this case they're clearly labeled as to purpose rather than just giving an amperage rating. Finally, the introduction of the longer cord makes this an easier to use device since it's not tethered 12 inches off the ground directly in an outlet.

The only negative I can really give is that having the ports facing in three different directions makes this a bit unwieldy if multiple ports are in use. If they were all on one side or on the top then this would be less of a spider.
on July 14, 2014
The Bolse NewPower 40W is an decent charge within the 20-25 dollars charge class. It is able to perform as advertised, but I cannot recommend it over the Amzdeal Multi Port USB Charger, which has similar/better specs with 2.4 amp charging for 6 dollars less at the time of this writing. I have both, they are about the same size, the port placement is different has the Bolse have one port one each size with 3 ports at the front, while Amzdeal is 5 in a row. For the price the Amzdeal is better. The price range for the Bolse is similar to Anker with SmartIQ, which Bolse do not have. I also own a Anker with SmartIQ that has auto-detection for the proper AMPs, which prevents over or under Amperage, which over might result in shorter battery life and under result in slower charging. For the money Anker SmartIQ is better.

See 1 answered question