Man's Search for Meaning
Used & New from: $4.99
Newly diagnosed Cancer patient- Hope? Would this be an appropriate book for a family member recently diagnosed with cancer?
asked by Chgo Girl in LA on April 18, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
I would give them anything written by Bernie Segal who survived cancer and his books, videos, and seminars
are used for patients while taking chemotherapy. This book deals with the survivalist mentality as Does Bernie Segal but his are more specific to cancer patients.
babsie answered on March 28, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This book is absolutely appropriate for someone recently diagnosed with cancer. It will help bring peace by helping one in finding their will to meaning. That their life has meaning and that who you are is the most important aspect in living and finding peace.
A. Gift For You answered on September 29, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think so, it discusses how we have to find meaning/purpose in life. It also stresses the importance of hope and that even when our free choice is limited externally, we still have the ability to choose our attitude toward the situation.
J. Pants answered on April 26, 2007
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree, this is an especially powerful book, worthwhile for a newly diagnosed cancer patient, and for everyone else, too. I myself was diagnosed with cancer three years ago, and continue to find Frankl's book as powerful as it was when I first read it, in graduate school in the late 1960s.. I assigned it often throughout my career when I was teaching The Holocaust to university students. No other book I assigned resonated so well with them; long after graduation, many still tell me it was the best book they ever HAD to read. With best wishes, Douglas R. Skopp (author of a novel, Shadows Walking, about two Germans, both idealists, both ardent nationalists, both determined to "save" humankind through medicine---the chief difference between them, one is Jewish and the other is not. Shadows Walking A Novel Shadows Walking is available as a paperback and as a Kindle Book.)
D Skopp answered on August 22, 2011
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product