Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Flavor: GingerSize: 1.76 Ounce (Pack of 6)Change

on May 15, 2011
I bought these because, with Subscribe and Save, they were a good bit less expensive than the ginger Altoids.

They taste fine, and I'm sure many people will like them, so I am giving them four stars, but I am going back to the Altoids. These taste sweeter and lack the bite of the Curiously Strong ones. That's not what I want.

If you like ginger Altoids and are considering these as an alternative, you may want to buy a single pack first to try them out.

Update! The above review is for the little yellow mints in the tin. The white mints that come in rolls like Life Savers are not at all similar. The flavor and texture are completely different. I don't like them.
33 comments55 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2013
Considering these are vegan, I like these better than Altoids. They have a great fresh taste and seem to last longer in your mouth. The tin is the same size as the standard Altoids tin. Recommended.
review image review image
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2011
These are delicious ginger candies. They have a fairly strong ginger flavor, and only 2 grams of sugar per 3 candies, and a pretty box :). I bought them to help settle my stomach on long car rides. They do help, but after trying both... the ginger Altoids are better. If you're looking for a strong ginger candy without a ton of sugar, these things are great! If you're looking for a nausea remedy, try Altoids (one of those packs about the same punch as four of the Newman's). But Newman's gingers taste better than Altoids.
0Comment27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2008
I have had a hard time finding a mint that tastes good and is allergen free for me. I finally found it in these mints. They are very good, and not to hot that you can't stand to keep them in your mouth.

Karla
VINE VOICEon May 4, 2009
I eat organic candied ginger for an upset stomach or when I'm craving something sweet and it's the only thing I have available. I think these ginger mints taste much the same except for the texture. I was surprised at the pepper comment since candied ginger has a peppery spice flavor which is expected. They remind me of Altoids only slightly less intense. To my knowledge this is the only brand that makes organic mints in this flavor. At Amazon's current price point these would be a bargain even if they were not organic.
22 comments14 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2012
my wife and i tried these and the altoids, and we much prefer the newman's formulation, which is organic sugar, corn syrup, natural ginger flavor. the sugar content is coarse and crumbly, and the ginger flavor is forward and bright but does not linger too long in the mouth. the altoids by contrast have a biting pepper aftertaste, and only disclose the use of sugar, "natural flavors", gum arabic and gelatin.
on June 19, 2010
This is the only mint breath freshener that my nine year old daughter will eat and not only does she like them she absolutely loves them! It's a special treat in the car and much better than an artificial/chemical containing candy. I highly recommend that people with younger kids give them a try. These are also perfect for anyone wanting a mint that is not as strong as Altoids.
on October 1, 2007
I love that I can find organic mints. There are so many junk breath fresheners out there that have artificial sweeteners and colors and preservatives. This does not, and its from a company I trust.
They are like a special little treat in the middle of the day. They taste real and homemade.
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2009
These ginger/mint candies are absolutely the best for that nauseous feeling! They settle your stomach immediately and there are no after effects. A little strong, but work great!
on May 16, 2010
I love ginger and this product is great. In fact, my family uses ginger for upset stomach relief. This is the only place I can find the Newman's Ginger. I'm a frequent shopper at Amazon.