5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product

2.0 out of 5 stars dissapointed
Published on August 7, 2011 by A.Berger

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product, January 3, 2007
This review is from: Nexcare Reusable Coldhot Pack 4 x 10" (Health and Beauty)
I am a Resgistered Nurse and found this product to be excellent for icing various joints for swelling, pain and etc. This product is moldable around the joint so there is a larger coverage area being iced vs. the other hard type ice packs out there. They are reuseable which also makes it very handy - just pop them in the fridge and within a short time they are ready to use again. Thank you for such a wonderful product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product at a great price, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Nexcare Reusable Coldhot Pack 4 x 10" (Health and Beauty)
We have bought these reusable cold packs at CVS and other pharmacies, at a higher price, so Amazon's price is great. These cold packs last and last after hundreds of repeated uses. They come with a washable cover or sometimes I even put a tube sock over it for added padding. Just put them in the freezer and they will provide a much needed cold pack for several hours. I've purchased other brands, but these are the best quality and last the longest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good packs, bad covers, November 17, 2011
This review is from: Nexcare Reusable Coldhot Pack 4 x 10" (Health and Beauty)
I am in agreement with most points made in the 5 star reviews regarding the reasonable price, durability, and especially the benefit of the size of these packs being great for smaller/specific areas that need cold therapy. But, do know that the "covers" that come with these packs are basically unusable or one-time "throw-aways." At least that was my experience. They're made of a really thin fiber or specialty paper and neither of these covers made it over the packs even the first time without coming apart. So be aware that you will likely need to provide your own form of skin barrier. Additionally, as these are so small and flexible, I've only ever gotten roughly 10 to 15 minutes of "true" cold-pack therapy time. Although this could be considered an upside as most of us shouldn't be using cold packs for all that much longer anyways. Also, due to the smaller proportions of these packs they do re-"freeze" for another use more quickly than most larger or thicker packs. Overall, the price as well as a great diversity of uses for these smaller packs still make these a recommendable product. Just wanted to add a little more info that most of us value knowing when deciding what to purchase. FYI -- I've found these a perfect size for rolling in a really thin kitchen towel-the long way-and then securing the pack behind my neck and wrapping the towel around to under my chin and tying the towel ends together. Can actually move around while icing when I do this system for my neck, wrist, elbow, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nexcare cold/hot packs, October 23, 2009
This review is from: Nexcare Reusable Coldhot Pack 4 x 10" (Health and Beauty)
I received my Nexcare cold/hot packs before the date stated.I was extremely happy with that.I have used this product but bought them from a local medical supply co.in my town but they no longer carry them.They are exactly the same as the previous ones I had and are the most durable and easily applied packs I have ever used.They mold to anywhere you need pain relief either hot or cold of this type.I highly recommend this product and will order them again.Thank you for such a great product!!

2.0 out of 5 stars dissapointed, August 7, 2011
This review is from: Nexcare Reusable Coldhot Pack 4 x 10" (Health and Beauty)
after a day in a 0°F freezer, these remain flexible but only able to hold cold for 10 minutes. that may be useful for an athlete cooling a sore ankle or wrist after muscle fatigue, but it's useless to anyone using these to reduce swelling. the thin cotton coat didn't really matter since these won't stay cold long enough to cold burn you anyway. I have swelling from hip surgery, so I use one slipped down into my pant pocket after a long walk - a pretty useless application, but it's better than nothing.

4.0 out of 5 stars ok product, March 10, 2011
Amazon Customer (NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nexcare Reusable Coldhot Pack 4 x 10" (Health and Beauty)
The instruction on the package says heat in the microwave for 20 seconds. I had to heat it for 40 seconds in my microwave (1,000-watt) , then squeeze the gel around to even out the heat, then add another 20 seconds in order to make it warm enough. The part I don't like about is the heat only last about 20 minutes at most, no long enough for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Item popped and broke in the microwave, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Nexcare Reusable Coldhot Pack 4 x 10" (Health and Beauty)
I bought this for my mom thinking it would be as good as the one she already had which was fine to heat up in the microwave for several times but this one popped in the microwave only after a few times.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well...if you don't heat it up, September 30, 2011
This review is from: Nexcare Reusable Coldhot Pack 4 x 10" (Health and Beauty)
The instructions state these packs can be used as cold OR hot. I bought them for my shin splints and had no problems, until I heated them up for the first time. Followed the instructions and the first time one of the packs ruptured and I had to toss them. Not very durable if you ask me, but popping them in the freezer and using them as cold packs works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars hot or cold pak, March 10, 2011
This review is from: Nexcare Reusable Coldhot Pack 4 x 10" (Health and Beauty)
These gel packs are exactly what we have been looking for. They are just the right size and they heat up beautifully in the microwave. As an ice pack,
they are perfect. Thank you for offering them on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cold Packs, August 28, 2011
This review is from: Nexcare Reusable Coldhot Pack 4 x 10" (Health and Beauty)
Great flexible cold packs that stay cold for a long time, mold to the area you need to ice, freeze quickly, and are durable. I use this to ice my knee most nights and it always stays cold for at least an hour. The covers are more paper than fabric but they are soft enough to be comfortable against the skin. I haven't tried heating one yet but the packaging says that you can put them in the microwave. This is a great product at a great price.

Nexcare Reusable Coldhot Pack 4 x 10"
$40.80 $14.00