Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on October 8, 2005
I thought Next Friday was way better than the original....... The first movie was really slow in the beginning.......so slow that I fell asleep. As soon as you pop this movie in, you'll be laughing from beginning to end........ Mike Epps is hilarious as Day-Day, Craigs cousin, and Craigs father has some pretty funny lines in this one........ Rent it, you won't be sorry.......
on January 19, 2006
...but a decent sequel. (But hey? It's not often that the sequel is better than the prequel.) I was mad because alot of questions were not answered and the plot was not all that good. I wanted Craig (Ice Cube) to hook up with that girl next door. All she does is have a short convo with her and at the end she blows a kiss and thats the end. I believe thats pointless for Craig's Pops (Jon Witherspoon)drops him off in Rancho Cucamonga (I don't think I spelled it right) then turns around and picks him up. Its a funny movie, but not as good as the first though.
on May 4, 2003
I loved the original. After watching the original about 10 times, I decided to go out and buy the sequel on DVD. Like many sequels, it was not as funny as the original. The original's charm laid in its simplicity. Unfortunately, the success of the original allowed the makers of Friday to have a much bigger budget for the sequel, and this hurt the movie in many regards.
Also, while Mike Epps is a funny man, this film severely misses Chris Tucker. It's hard not to think of Epps as a replacement to Tucker, and he doesn't live up to the standard Chris set in the original.
It's a good movie, but don't go into it thinking it will be as funny as the first one.
on July 22, 2002
The events of this movie take place after Craig�s fight with Debo. Ice Cube explains what most of the characters from the last movie are doing now (like Smokey being in rehab). The premise for this story is that Debo has escaped from jail and now wants revenge. To protect his son, Craig�s father takes him to the suburbs to live with his oversexed brother and his son until things calm down.
There is plenty of drug use and another theft in this one. This doesn�t make it a bad movie, but following the formula of the last movie does not work for this one. Too many of the same gags are recycled for this movie, which means you already have an idea of what is going to happen throughout the movie. Craig�s dad is funny, but there is only so much fart humor you can take.
I would recommend giving this movie a skip and watching Friday over and over again.
on May 2, 2014
Have you heard of Friday well this here is the Next Friday
"Girl you suppose to be a thousand feet from my house what you doing over here?"
It's Friday It's Friday,
"Man you ah ha when then pants, man get out my business"
It's Friday It's Friday,
I'm start to like Rancho Chomocko well don't, we need to improve on Black and Brown relationship
C-H-I-C-O?
It's Friday It's Friday.
You Know!!!
on February 19, 2014
I got this to add too my collection of movies I can never get tired of watching any of the friday movies ice cube did great work on the series and even though the first one will always be the best the second was great also in my opinion good humor and great cast a must watch.
on May 3, 2014
This is a much appreciated addition to inventory of things that make my life as easy as one would like to have it. As a person who depends a lot on external sources for my professional fulfillment, I am very satisfied.
on December 18, 2014
I just like this movie. I can't lie. I don't have anything critical to say about it.It is what it is and has been since when I was younger. It's funny and an easy laugh. If you are looking for subtle and low key of the British comedy variety (sometimes) then look elsewhere. This is pretty overt and slap stick but I still love it.
on July 10, 2014
Everything I loved about the first movie didn't happen. This was not a coming of age or save the neighborhood and get the girl film, this was just silliness and dumb cliches, without the bro-chemistry. Bye, Felicia.
on September 17, 2006
I enjoyed each of the Friday series. I reviewed the original way back, and now after re-watching Next Friday, I thought I'd finally get around to reviewing this.

I still think I enjoyed Friday the best, but this is a good follow up. Ice Cube returns as Craig Jones who has a knack for getting into trouble. He goes to stay with family out in Rancho Cucamonga. They've just won the lottery and have this whole new place. While Chris Tucker isn't in here this time, we still get the hilarious John Witherspoon. He's fantastic. I only give this four stars because it goes a little flat during the second half, but it's still good overall. The cousin Day-Day is probably the funniest, but if you are a fan of the original, then you have got to see this. I loved it.