Real Estate Expert and Zillow's top blogger Brendon DeSimone introduces Next Generation Real Estate: New Rules for Smarter Home Buying & Faster Selling. DeSimone's new real estate book is the go-to guide for navigating and better understanding the complex and ever-evolving world of buying and selling a home.
* Markets move faster today. Buying or selling at the wrong time can have huge financial consequences. Given the susceptibility of the real estate market the past few years, it's imperative to approach an investment differently today. Brendon's unique perspective will help you determine your best plan of action and assess when the timing is right, from advice on if you should buy or rent to why listing your home too early may result in a lower sale price.
* Information overload can cripple consumers today. Buyers and sellers have access to more information than ever. Absent the appropriate context, certain data can cause confusion and lead to a financial disaster or missed opportunity. Brendon explains how the role of the agent has evolved, why the use of a strong, well-connected local agent in real estate is more important than ever, and how to best leverage their expertise along the way.
*Technology has changed the world and real estate forever. No longer is it common to live in or close to your hometown. The Internet has allowed today's professional the ability to live anywhere and the fast-paced and competitive nature of the work place provides for people to be open to new job opportunities, in a new city, every few years. Brendon guides today's consumers down the sometimes-risky real estate road of our new reality.
* The real estate industry has evolved in the past ten years and taking advice from your parents or using guidelines from the 1980's could land you in deep water. Conversely, knowing what still works today and applying some of the more traditional tactics can help save you time and money. Brendon will address how the perfect combination of traditional practices such as the open house, with modern tactics like pre-sale inspections, can get you the best results.
* Next Generation Real Estate helps speed up the learning curve and guides prospective sellers and buyers through the process. Brendon's done the work for you and passes his informed expertise. along with insider tips, from how to get back a non-refundable deposit and what not to say to the listing agent, to how to use Google Street View in Real Estate
* 3 implications govern all buyers, sellers and real estate transactions: No matter the personality, generation, age of the client, or type of home being bought or sold, real estate will always have emotional, practical and financial considerations and implications. These are at the center of any real estate transaction and it's imperative to know how to navigate various situations keeping these three fundamentals in mind.
* New players and technology are introduced to the real estate industry every day, but it's important to know how to use these services online to benefit your real-life transactions. In DeSimone's how-to real estate book, you'll learn how to access, apply and interpret the tools and information available to not only help you make the best choice, but also to save you money.
* There has been a major shift in sociological trends including the introduction and acceptance of various family households, higher divorce rates, an increase in single living structures, and a more widespread tendency of Millennials and boomers to remain in and return to cities rather than suburbs. Next Generation Real Estate provides knowledge and advice to best navigate these changes as they apply to the real estate market, to help you sell faster and buy smarter.