Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on March 26, 2009
I was hoping to get a genuine business insight into the business of being a sports agent. The insight I gained from reading this book is that this guy never made a mistake in his life and that despite conducting win/lose negotiations and ensuring that a contract doesn't mean much even if it has a year to run, he thinks he is honourable. The actual content summary would be as follows:
Sign the players, spend as much time with them as possible
If the parents are involved, suck up to them big time.
If you don't sign them, keep being nice to them.
Negotiate hard, make it clear that player could and will "hold-out" and/or default on contract.
The other content includes boasting about his brother marrying a cheer-leader and his Karate instructor being killed.
The unexplained questions include how someone so egotistical can be as successful as he seems to be and whether it is true that he never calls or solicits the calls of players before they sign - he doth protesteth too much, as Shakespeare said. In case you think I don't like the guy, I am in Australia and had never heard of him - I wish I still hadn't, at least I'd still have the cash!
on December 2, 2008
I find it hard to believe that the previous reviewers actually read this book. These reviews are attacking the person that Drew is perceived to be in the media/public, and he does a great job of discrediting the publics perception of him all throughout this book.

Reasons that I gave it a 4
-great inside look at some of the inside workings of a sports agency/sports agent as high-profile as Mr. Rosenhaus.
-amazing stories of how he got where he was, including some very touching stories that never will make front page news.
-for a sports nut (like myself) that loves front office stories, this is filled with many of them.

Reasons I didn't give it a 5
-outlined as a "successful business practice" book, but most of the strategies & tips are implied, not necessarily layed out neatly on a platter
-Although Jason & Drew did a good job putting this together, I think that it could have been written better. It jumps around alot, and doesn't really have much cohesiveness to it.

If you already have preconceived notions about Drew, and don't see your views changing...then you probably won't like this book.

However, if you have an open mind about this incorrectly portrayed (my opinion, of course) person in the media, then you'll probably enjoy this book.
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2014
this is a success story. Love him or hate him, he's made it and that was his goal. more power to him
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2009
This was the 1st book read since the Autobiography of Malcolm X, that I did not want to put down. I only put the book down to sleep.
D. Rosenhaus is an extremely hard worker, discipline, and seems to have really thick skin. This is probably the reason he is as successful as he is. It was amazing to see that he has so many clients, all doing well I may add, yet, have a 4-person organization.

Continue the great work my friend.
0Comment1 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2008
"Super agent" must be a self-styled moniker for the Rosenhaus boys. One at least comes to understand why they have counselled their jejeune clients to hold out of training camps, refuse to honour their contracts, etc, etc etc: "it's just business", the excuse of all greedheads. In a word, obnoxious. Enjoy your money now, children, you can't take it with you. In fact, I will reccommend this book, if you want to understand more fully how messed up pro sports, and the U.S. culture, is.
0Comment5 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2008
This guy is an unapologetic ahole. The idea that anyone would aspire to be like him saddens me.
11 comment2 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2008
Why would anyone pay money to take advice from a man which has no clue. I hope you don't get your way and destroy the NFL.. The greatest game we have. Its not all about the money, its about being part of the community and given part of yourself back. Setting a good example for further kids coming up through the ranks. You can't take it with you, but you can leave behind a legacy.
0Comment2 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse