1.0 out of 5 stars Dead in 2 months, March 17, 2010
This review is from: Nextar 2 GB MP3/MP4 Player (Red) (Electronics)
My son got this product for Christmas. It had a short in it so that it would just turn itself off while you were listening to music. We called Nextar to get a replacement. They charge twenty-five dollars to replace a defective product! And it cost less than that on sale! I didn't bother and now it won't charge and won't turn on after less than 20 hours of use. If you want a cheap MP3 player, get a Sansa. This one is not worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA, December 29, 2009
This review is from: Nextar 2 GB MP3/MP4 Player (Red) (Electronics)
I purchased two of these MP3 players for my children for Christmas. One worked fine the other would not even power up when plugged into the computer. Needless to say my daughter was disappointed on X-mas. The customer service was awful. It required registering the product, then waiting two days for a code, so that you could call and speak to a customer service representative. Then, in order to return it for evaluation you are required to pay shipping. Ended up just buying two new MP3 elsewhere and returning the Nextar brands outright. Don't waste your time or your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead after a month, December 30, 2009
This review is from: Nextar 2 GB MP3/MP4 Player (Red) (Electronics)
I bought this player for my son for his birthday a month ago. He only uses it when doing chores and going to or from the bus stop. Today it won't turn on and the computer no longer recognizes it. I tried to use the CD to reload the driver, although I didn't need it in initial setup for my XP machine (it was plug and play), but XP didn't find a suitable driver. I suspect that's because it can't correctly identify the player since it won't turn on and won't charge. $30 for a month's worth of functioning - at this rate I can get my money's worth from an iPod in less than a year.

3.0 out of 5 stars MP3 player, July 26, 2009
This review is from: Nextar 2 GB MP3/MP4 Player (Red) (Electronics)
The main reason I chose this MP3 player was that it was suppose to work with windows 98. I downloaded the drivers for windows 98 and my computer still does not recognize the player. So I can not upload any of my mp3's to the player. The unit is also an FM radio and you can record the radio, so I have been recording radio and listening to that when I am driving the truck. If you are using windows 98 and want this unit for an mp3 player I would suggest not buying it. I will try uploading mp3's to the unit with my girlfriends computer when I move back near her later this year, she has windows xp. Also you have to connect the unit to your computer usb port to charge the battery.

Nextar 2 GB MP3/MP4 Player (Red)
Out of stock