4.0 out of 5 stars Valued Purchase
This product was well worth the money....wish it included life time map updates, but still a valued purchase and I love the 5" screen!

I would recommend this purchase.
Published on June 20, 2012 by Judyg

3.0 out of 5 stars needs updates/reset
The product at times has to be reset. I have had for several weeks now and had to reset GPS. I have also attempted to update maps but had had no luck with steps provided! I give this product just a very average rating.
Published on September 5, 2012 by Benny

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Valued Purchase, June 20, 2012
This review is from: Nextar 5" Touchscreen GPS System with Turn-By-Turn Voice Directions (Electronics)

I would recommend this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, September 3, 2012
Works great. Love the big screen. For the $60 i paid it is very well worth every cent.
Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes to pick up where I am when I turn it on but no big deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product! Great Price!, October 18, 2012
This product was an amazing deal. i don't use my GPS that often so I don't need the updated maps that a Garmin or TomTom would come from. I just need the basics for directions and the such. The touch screen is the perfect size for me and the directions come soon enough before a turn that you never miss a beat.

3.0 out of 5 stars needs updates/reset, September 5, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars broken after 2 months of gently usage, January 16, 2013
It worked well for its first couple usages. But after that it no longer received the signals and kept searching for it. After about 3 months, it does not work anymore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome unit...if you know what you've got, November 29, 2012
D. Adams (Lexington, NC) - See all my reviews
First off, this might be a slightly different approach than most reviews here. You see, I'm into GPS hacking... I guess you could think of it like rooting your Android phone. The advantage is you can upgrade the software as well as the maps and POI's. Mine came with iGO Amigo and 2010 maps, so it was in dire need of an update. At any rate, for people looking to hack GPS's, this one is exceptionally easy and nearly impossible to "brick". I've yet to try and load Explorer, but I didn't figure on getting too deep in this one as it's for my sweetheart ;) So lets look specifically at the unit...

The good... Well it's exceptionally well made. It's got a great feel to it with smooth edges all the way around. It feels very solid with no real give around the casing. The screen is also quite nice. Very bright with good colors. The speaker is very loud and clear. It also uses a standard mini-USB port for charging (easy to replace if it breaks). The dock is also magnetic and holds the GPS very securely. And while I don't have exact specs, the performance is very fast.

The bad... Reception is weak. While it's not dropped a signal yet, I'm only getting about 50% on the highest satellite lock. Now it will lock onto about 6 satellites without much difficulty, but I worry what it might be like in the city. Also the touchscreen could use some work. While not terrible (trust me, I've found MUCH worse!) it can require more pressure around the edge and such. There are also very few buttons/ports (Micro-USB, micro-SD, power). There are 4 connections on the rear for what I assume is another dock/mount that isn't included or is made for another unit.

I REALLY like this unit... I only wish the reception were stronger. From what I can tell it seems to be working well around here but I fear it'll give problems in more congested areas. Still, if you want some very nice hardware, grab one of these while you still can.

1.0 out of 5 stars always no signal, November 15, 2012
the inside map is too old and always not work beacuse no signal.
I have to restart many times again and again

4.0 out of 5 stars GPS system, June 9, 2014
I will be using this item more and more as I travel by myself a lot. A little different then my last Nextar but will get used to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS!, April 1, 2014
This GPS is very helpful and works well. The voice is clear and efficient. Great buy for anyone, anywhere. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars wouldnt do this again, December 2, 2013
spend the money and get a good one . half the time it wont pick up a signal to get you unlost

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›