4.0 out of 5 stars great tab/ need patience when getting apps
Published 20 months ago by H. Hanneman

1.0 out of 5 stars if you gonna do it do it right or don't bother us.
Why on earth would you present a good machine and limit its use to nothing . There are other comparibly priced 10 inch tablets that allow google play. It is foolish of Nextbook to put this item on the market in this way. I have no choice but to return in ASAP.
Get real
Published 22 months ago by ppcoyote

4.0 out of 5 stars great tab/ need patience when getting apps, January 10, 2013
This review is from: NextBook Premium Series Next10P12 (Personal Computers)
I bought my nextbook 10se for $149. I love the 10 inch screen and hdmi resolution, hated that I couldn't get google play. After a couple hours figured out how to use the apk app that came preloaded and I was able to get all my apps that I have on my google play. I was also able to load google music, but had to connect to my pc to transfer the music. I even loaded my itunes library onto the nextbook, just by using copy/paste. If you don't mind taking time to connect to your pc to load all your music and pics, it will make your nextbook experience so much better. Now that I have netflix, facebook, google music, and all my apps from google play I love my nextbook!! I also love that I can use a sd card, which means I can now have 32gb worth of storage which you can't get for under $200 on the kindle or ipad. Even after loading apps, 300 songs, and several pics, I have not even come close to using the 8gb internal memory. Before you give up on nextbook, take some time to navigate and play around on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars if you gonna do it do it right or don't bother us., November 25, 2012
Get real

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive entry level tablet, November 20, 2012
This review is from: NextBook Premium Series Next10P12 (Personal Computers)
I have had this tablet for abut two weeks now and I am very impressed with the quality and speed of it as well as the screen clarity. I find it to be very easy to use. Bear in mind that some features have been omitted, I guess that can be expected at this price point - bluetooth and GPS would be very usefull fo some of the aps I would like to use, but I can live without that for now. One feature that I really do wish that it had is Google Play. This locks you out of many apps since they only seem to be available on Google Play - even many of the manufactures website link you there. This seems to be a common issue on most inexpensive tablets I had looked at. That being said I have found most of the aps I was interested in on getjar and the amazon app store. I gave this four stars base on the bang for the buck factor and quality. Note - if you do purchase this be sure to order a protective case as it only includes a soft velveteen bag which won't offer any screen protection. I am generally very happy with this tablet and would recommend it to others as long as you are aware of of its ilimitations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet for the price, just need to have patience, March 20, 2014
This review is from: NextBook Premium Series Next10P12 (Personal Computers)
Once I received my tablet and realized it didn't have google play store, I became discouraged and wanted to send it back. But after one week, my daughter and I called the Nextbook company and talked to them. The representative told me that I could download the amazon app and that is where I found majority of my games and other apps that I needed and wanted. It required some patience and time. I love the big screen, the weather forecast app that is automatically installed, and being able to pick up WI-FI any where I go.
It would have been easier if it came with google play store, but all is well.

4.0 out of 5 stars nextbook, January 16, 2014
This review is from: NextBook Premium Series Next10P12 (Personal Computers)
first i would like to say to every one that complain it is a nice tablet for the price but why would nextbook allow google play on their smaller tablet but not on the bigger ones that crazy i dont understand that because i have the seven inch one and google play is on it but believe me there is a way to get google play if you know computer knowledge all you have to do is go get an apk app and install it like 4 share is a good one and there you can download google play apk and youre set you need to get a few extra file to make it work but its worth it i have this same and i got google on it and it works good try it go get 4share app and good luck.

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy this unless you are comfortable with hackling android hardware., October 20, 2013
Dmitri (Middletown, CT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NextBook Premium Series Next10P12 (Personal Computers)
I flashed this with finless bobs roms from freak tablet com I recommend it, it allows play store and you can actually get a lot of stuff to work. fairly quick little thing, durable so far. great for a kid , many games do not work, just as many and more work fine! fast 3d for the price...
bejeweled does not quite work right, candy crisis works great . certain angry birds do not work, others are just fine....
I could go on but you get the idea.
more work than it's worth, but in the end my 3 year old uses this thing daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have this one I love it. I got a case for it which ..., August 1, 2014
This review is from: NextBook Premium Series Next10P12 (Personal Computers)
I have this one I love it. I got a case for it which was a little tricky. Because it doiesn't fit on just any 9.7 tablet {IT'S WIDER} and a 10 inch tablet is to long. So I got a universal one that was adjustable to any size and it worked perfectly. This doesn't have google play on it but I used AMAZON APP STORE DOWNLOAD and it worked perfectly and they have the same apps as GOOGLE PLAY plus they have free ones daly that you can add to your tablet. I love this tablet it's not a ipad {which doesn't have a HDMI output to go to your hdtv for watching netflix}. But there are a lot of apps. you can get to get it to do anything. Just goggle amazon app store and download the file to your tablet and it will work on any tablet {and I mean any tablet} I tried this on a non android phone an older one and it worked very well as long as you have the internet that's it and you got it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Would have been a 3.5 with Google Play Store!, November 4, 2012
This review is from: NextBook Premium Series Next10P12 (Personal Computers)
I bought this for a cheap replacement for my cracked screen Asus TF-300. The talbet really isn't half bad but I had to return it to Radio Shack as it was VER frustrating getting apps installed. GetJar (the program used instead of Googles Play) does not list this device specifically so I picked the Nextbook 7 and then tried the 8. It still did not bring up facebook for one and that was a MAJOR drawback. It did not automatically bring up iHeart radio or Pandora either. Another MAJOR turn off. I could not get these from the search fiels or from the Categories ares under Music and Social Media apps. I found that some apps had to actually be found from their own respective web sites, then you muct make sure you are downloading the *.jar file and then you must save that fiel to you laptop or desktop and then you must connect the Nextbook to your comouter via USB and then you must move the file to your Next book via that USB connected and then you muct go into explorer in the Next book and find the file you download and THEN yu can install it...WHEWWWWW! Way too much for something that could be simply doen via Google's Play store! I took that baby back so fast I thought it was spinning on its end into the Radio shack store! I will just wait until the screen cost lowers in a couple of months on the tf300 and saving to buy the TF700 with Gorilla glass for Christmas!
If you are a novice AND are just using it for email, internet, and as an e-reader then you will possibly enjoy this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute piece of junk, July 18, 2013
This review is from: NextBook Premium Series Next10P12 (Personal Computers)
Don't do it. No Google Play, so I try to get ANYTHING running on this tablet. It's an absolute piece of junk. I had a rooted nook color (the first one) and it was actually quite functional. This is non-functional right out of the box. The downloader service that it comes with doesn't work, every link takes you to a blank blog template, you can try Amazon Appstore... but the tablet won't even run Angry Birds. The facebook app works 1/2 the time but it's very slow and crashes all the time. COMPLETELY USELESS TABLET THAT CANNOT BE ROOTED. My step-mom bought this and asked me to help her set it up, but I'm going to have to tell her SHE GOT SCAMMED. Our species is not going to make it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, May 3, 2014
This review is from: NextBook Premium Series Next10P12 (Personal Computers)
The product was supposed to be new, it was beat up. It did not come with the correct charger. I emailed the company about the charger they said that they would fix the problem and they haven't it has been 3 weeks since then. Not impressed with Amazon at all about this product.

NextBook Premium Series Next10P12