Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

on April 17, 2009
Finally, someone had a great idea. I wanted to locate my Wii in a cabinet across the room from my TV. I looked at battery powered bars but I don't want to change more batteries. I couldn't use an extension cable either. I bought another sensor bar, and a wall ac/dc converter pack and tried to make my own. The ac/dc pack is huge and would not fit in my recessed outlet behind my TV. So, after a lengthy Google search I found this.

I e-mailed the company and they responded next day saying that it would easily be powered by my USB port on my TV. I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40XBR6.

The Nextronics sensor bar for some reason didn't initially show up when I looked through Amazon for Wii accessories but after typing the name in it comes up.

It shipped out and I recieved one in 3 days. Looks just like the original except this one is all black and the IR lights are visible at the ends. Two on each side. I plugged it into my tv and it works great. I found out with my TV the USB port is always powered as long as the TV is plugged in so the sensor bar will always be on and ready to go.

I stand about 7 feet back from my tv for games and sit about 9' away if I am on the couch. I used the bar for Tiger Woods golf and it works as well as the original. I didn't have to change sensitivity settings at all. I also used the remote to go online and use the Wii Google to do searches and browsing. Smooth movement, no jitters.

Great Product. I have already suggested to my parents and friends.
on September 30, 2009
I have been searching for a product like this ever since I finished my home theater room. I have all my components in a wall several feet away from the TV and didn't want an ugly cord stretching across the walls. I tried the "wireless" version from Nyko but my kids would leave the sensor on all the time and run the batteries down. I got tired of buying batteries every month so we stop playing with the Wii. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who has a USB connection on the side or back of their TV. Before you buy, be sure that your TV allows your USB to alway be powered. I have the Pioneer Elite 60 inch so if you have a Pioneer, it is always powered.

This sensor has crazy acuracy from a long way away. I tried it the other night and it went 30+ feet away before it started jumping. What's great about this product is you don't have to turn it off and on each time you want to play the Wii. The black sensor blends in to you TV so you barely even notice its there. It's quite a bit smaller than the standard wired sensor bar which is an added plus. The only thing that I regret is that I didn't think of this idea myself.
on November 8, 2011
I, like a lot of people, sometimes play their Wii games on the Dolphin emulator to increase the visuals with higher resolution and AA etc. I had trouble trying figure out how to get a sensor bar into my office and I really didn't want to do it with a wireless sensor bar and waste a bunch of batteries. Thankfully this sensor bar can use USB or a normal AC adapter. This is the only one I could find that did this, I guess that is why I was willing to pay this much for it. It is a little cheap looking and feeling, but since I have no other option it is the best!
44 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2013
This sensor bar seemed to be the ideal solution for playing Wii games on Dolphin emulator, but unfortunately the quality is far lower than Nintendo's official sensor bars.

As shown in the customer image I uploaded, the LED count is lower. There are 3 IR LEDs per side instead of 5, the placements are different, and brightness is wildly inconsistent from one LED to the next. The cursor becomes jumpy and the remote has an extremely hard time reading the LEDs when the bar is used from any sort of angle at all, even while the official Nintendo bar is still read perfectly fine from the same spot. Unless the bar is positioned straight in front of the player at the same level as the remote, the remote will not be able to generate a stable and useable cursor. This means that it pretty much has to be used below the TV, and, as a further sign of how low quality this bar really is, the holes on the bottom don't even align correctly with Nintendo's sensor bar stand.

The sensor bar is not a complicated device- just a few LEDs and a power cord- and even a well constructed bar should not be expensive. The exorbitant price charged for this item in no way reflects its quality but simply the luxury of having a USB plug. I was still willing to pay for the convenience of getting a USB connection, but in retrospect I'd rather have taken the chance trying to mod an official sensor bar myself. The Nextronics bar still works if it's placed below the TV set rather than above it, and yes, it does have a USB plug and never requires batteries, but it's also a cheap knock-off that costs several times more than the name brand while performing dramatically worse. Take it or leave it; as inefficient as turning a whole system on to power a sensor bar was, I had a much better time using the official sensor bar plugged into my old Wii system than using this bar.
review image
on November 9, 2012
I purchased this USB Sensor bar for the sole purpose to be able to play Wii on my Windows PC using Dolphin emulation software. This plugs right into my computer via the USB port and now I have the infrared light source necessary to make the Wiimote work properly with my computer. And it works perfectly.

NOTE: you need specific software to CONNECT the wiimote to the computer and play games, this does not do that. This is nothing more than the light source with which the wiimote uses to orient the direction which the wiimote is pointing. This by itself will not make the wiimote automagically work with the PC. Please do your due diligance to figure out how to correctly connect the wiimote to your computer if that is your goal.
44 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2015
It works very well with the dolphin emulator and my wi controller. Just like the original. However, the one thing I do not like is that there is no switch to turn it on and off. Thus, you need to unplug it when not in use to avoid burning out the ir leds. Another thing to add, it's nice that you can not see the ir illuminators. The filter is very high quality. Overall, worth definitely worth it.
on November 20, 2011
I was looking for a sensor for Wii that I could use further from the TV. The sensor that comes with the Wii does not allow me to step back more than about 10-12 feet in my large livingroom. This sensor bar lets me sit about 20-25 feet away! The only con would be the width of the area you can play in. You would think it would pick up things 180 degrees in front of the television. I only get about 100 degrees so being centered on the television is a must!
on December 7, 2015
could stand to be blister packaged rather than in a bag. first time i ordered i only got the plastic holder and some instructions because the rest fell out when they shipped. that said it works flawlessly has a reaaaaally long cable which should be great for most multimedia setups.
on September 23, 2013
It works for the most part. It's just not as sensitive as I would like it to be.
It doesn't pick up on the wii mote if it's over a certain distance away from it. That would normally be fine, if it weren't a short distance.
on April 21, 2014
2 sensor bars, 2 TVs with half the screen covered on each. A great way to enjoy splitscreen multiplayer where players cannot see each others screens. The Nextronics Sensor Bar USB plugs into one of the Wii's USB ports so no other adaptors are required.
Sensor bar close to the players without wires crossing the floor towards the TV 15 feet away. This sensor bar can plug into a USB port somewhere away from the Wii or TV.
But the main use I get out of this Sensor Bar is using my WiiMote as a pointing device on devices other than my Wii. My Linux PC, my OUYA, my cell phone (a cursor blocks much less view than a finger). Once I configured these devices, this Sensor Bar worked just as seamlessly on these as the official Sensor Bar does on the Wi. This Sensor Bar itself required no configuration beyond plugging it in and centering it to the scree.