Most helpful positive review
39 of 39 people found the following review helpful
Gives me squeaky clean (literally), thicker, stronger, better-looking hair
on August 21, 2009
I've been using the Biotin shampoo for almost a year now and I found it to provide a thorough, gentle cleaning of my hair and scalp and, when used as directed, hair feels stronger, thicker and, of course, clean. I don't believe I will be getting back to my my previous brand (Nexxus Therape). While more expensive, the Biotin shampoo appears to be the best for my hair so far - for some background, I have a full head of hair but it's in the process of thinning and maybe my forehead advanced by half an inch in the past 10 years :) so I'm a lot more conscious of what washes my hair now than I was 10 years ago.
Biotin is part of the VitaTress line of products, designed for those whose hair is in the process of thinning. It is claimed that Biotin eliminates excess sebum, strengthens hair and adds thickness and body to it. I concur with these claims. When use as directed - massage into hair and scalp and let it stay there for THREE MINUTES before rinsing - the hair comes out literally 'squeaky clean'. It really squeaks if you rub your hand on your wet hair, or it does so for me. There is absolutely no feeling of discomfort while using the shampoo. Once the hair dries, it feels significantly stronger and thicker and it looks healthier and more alive than before the Biotin treatment. The other claim, that this shampoo slows or reverses hair loss I can't verify. Maybe I'll come back in a year or 2 and discuss share my findings but, as of now, all I can say is that my hair looks and feels better after I wash it with Biotin.
Additional facts worth sharing:
- A bottle this size is likely to last for many months so, while the price is high, it's not THAT high when spread over 4 to 6 months.
- While it's not stated anywhere, it seems to act as a conditioner. I would not use use a conditioner after Biotin myself.
- The 'pump' bottle is very convenient because it helps you get the proper amount without waste and it prevents water from the shower from diluting the contents.
- For what is worth, the ingredients include: Jojoba oil, Biotin, Cysteine, Inositol and Methionine plus DHT inhibitors.
- Other ingredients include: Ginseng root extract, Ginkgo Bilboa extract, Swertia Japonica extract, Palmaria Palmata extract and so forth.
I will continue to use Biotin until I am made aware of a superior product. Until then, I am happy with it.