Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: Pack of 1|Change
Price:$6.95+ Free shipping (Addon item)

I've been using the Biotin shampoo for a couple of months now and I found it to provide a thorough, gentle cleaning of my hair and scalp and, when used as directed, hair feels stronger, thicker. I don't believe I will be getting back to my previous brand (Nexxus Therape). While more expensive, the Biotin shampoo appears to be the best so far for my hair - for some background, I have a full head of hair but it's in the process of thinning and maybe my forehead broadened by half an inch in the past 10 years :) so I'm a lot more conscious of what washes my hair now than I was 10 years ago.

Biotin is part of the VitaTress line of products, designed for those whose hair is in the process of thinning. It is claimed that Biotin eliminates excess sebum, strengthens hair and adds thickness and body to it. I concur with these claims. When used as directed - massage into hair and scalp and let it stay there for 3 minutes before rinsing - the hair comes out literally 'squeaky clean'. It really squeaks if you rub you hand on your wet hair, or it does so for me. There is absolutely no feeling of discomfort while using the shampoo. Once the hair dries, it feels significantly stronger and thicker and it looks significantly healthier and more alive than before the Biotin treatment. The other claim, that this shampoo slows or reverses hair loss I can't verify. Maybe I'll come back in a year or 2 and share my findings but, as of now, all I can say is that my hair looks and feels good after I wash it with Biotin.

Additional facts worth sharing:

- A bottle this size is likely to last for a couple of months but some money can be saved when ordering the available larger sizes - 33 oz.
- While it's not stated anywhere, it seems to act as a conditioner. I would not use a conditioner after Biotin myself.
- For what is worth, the ingredients include: Jojoba oil, Biotin, Cysteine, Inositol and Methionine plus DHT inhibitors.
- Other ingredients include: Ginseng root extract, Ginkgo Bilboa extract, Swertia Japonica extract, Palmaria Palmata extract and so forth.

I will continue to use Biotin until I am made aware of a superior product. Until then, I am happy with it.
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2013
This shampoo is great. My hair was falling out by the handfuls and I have used the shampoo 4 times and my hair is back to normal. Not only has it stopped falling out but it appears thicker when I style it. Great product and I will continue to use it. Maxine
on May 9, 2010
I love this shampoo, I have very thin hair and I have been looking for the right product that does what it says and I founf it. Although you can't buy it in the store, it does make it a bit harder to just go out and buy it whe you run out, but I have found it here for a very good price. I love it, it makes my hair shiny and silky soft. I have curly and frizzy hair, it relaxes the curl and frizzy, so it managable. It gave my hair tons of body and the thinning spots in my hair are less noticable. I have been using this product for a month now and I will not go back to my old products. I've tried every type of shampoo and nothing seems to work as far as hair regrowth. I used a hot iron on my hair before I started using this product so my hair was dry and damaged, and now I still use it and my hair looks like it never seen heat! I love it. I highly recommend this product if your looking for something to make your hair healthy and help with hair regrowth, it did for me.
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2014
I started trying this about a month a ago and I have seen very good results. It says use daily but I use once every three days. My hair was thinning alot and my hair now looks better and grows fuller than it did before. I used carrot oil along with the shampoo and it does wonders! Use daily if you want really good results!
on September 12, 2009
My son has Alopecia Areata. This is a disease where you loose patches of hair sporadically. At times you can go bald. You may grow your hair back, you may not. So far he has been very lucky in the fact that it's been small bald patches. After a hormone treatment, his dermatologist recommended a shampoo that contains Biotin since he's too young to take a supplement. This shampoo has defiantly made his hair thicker, so it help to hide the bald patches. It's a bit pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for.
on December 3, 2015
It made my hair grow faster I believe from the vitamins. I also take prenatal gummies with it and it seems that the combination worked great. My hair was at the base of my neck and it is now down my shoulder blades after a couple months. Make sure every 8 weeks you are getting your hair trimmed so it will grow even more and prevent split ends!
on July 1, 2013
This product made my hair very dry and harsh, I am an african woman and my hair is natural, the product seems like it took out my natural oils.
on May 21, 2013
Use only once or twice a week with a good condition and get great results! I'm so glad they still make this shampoo!
on June 7, 2007
Pretty gentle on my hair. Can see that it is strengthening and looks thicker.
on June 28, 2013
I don't like this product because it made my hair fall more than it used to before.. due to the ingredients it has that keep making your hair look thick, but in reality it dries your hair, and damages it.