Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nice Shades Canvas Military Web Belt w/ Black Slider Buckle (Many Colors) 56"
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 5, 2013
The belt is advertised as a 56" inch belt, though it's more closer to 48" not a problem as It's still larger than my waistline, the buckle itself was black as shown in the image, but the end is nickle, not the biggest problem in the world though I was expecting it to match the actual buckle.
on November 1, 2013
I wasn’t sure about buying such a cheap belt, but on the other hand, I figured I had little to lose.

This belt is just great. It arrived quite long, so I ended up prying open the cap on the end, cutting off like twelve inches, and putting the cap back on. It was easy and you’d never know I had to modify it.

I’ve had belts with this style of fastener before that came loose easily, but this one hasn’t come loose even once.

I’m thinking about buying more colors.
on January 7, 2014
I bought this assuming that it was a belt that could hold up a pair of pants. Or at least make an effort to. It's not exactly rocket science. I wasn't expecting much, but I bought a belt for the purpose of not having my pants fall down. Makes sense, right?

You'll be disappointed if you expect this belt to do that. I literally spent more time readjusting this belt and trying to get it to do its job, than it spent actually holding my pants up. It just couldn't seem to stay even moderately tight. I'm no small fellow, but I wasn't trying to make it any tighter than any reasonable person would expect, with the intent of not losing their trousers.

It's supposed to work by friction, but I couldn't get it to actually hold. Either the little sliding bar wouldn't grab like it's supposed to, or the buckle itself would shift and come undone, or the material just didn't provide enough friction. After a few days of fighting this, I went back to my old, worn out belt, and I bought another belt entirely.

The only good thing about this belt is that it's blue, and the picture matches the product. If you don't actually need it to function as a belt, then this is for you. Otherwise, you're better off with something else.
on November 19, 2013
Buckle is black, the end piece is nickel. Not real good quality control here. I will have to finish the end piece in black paint so it matches the buckle. I ordered several of these belts in different colors. The end pieces are all nickel. Other than that, it is a typical military style web belt.
on October 31, 2012
I love the color of this belt, but the slider buckle was nickel, not black as advertised. I will now need to buy black sliders, which still won't match the nickel metal end on the other side.
on April 20, 2014
The sizing on this was wrong. I've bought a few belts over my 67 years and have always bought ones where the size label number meant that it would fit that number of inches of a waist. Right? "36" label should fit a 36" waist, and with belts that always means with some extra inches to go through the buckle. so a "36" should actually measure about 40 or more inches. WHAT IF YOU WANTED A 35" ACTUAL MEASURE BELT TO FIT YOUR 36" WAIST? (moron) YOU'D BE IN LUCK WITH THE ONE THEY SHIPPED TO ME.
on June 4, 2014
I wear a 52 waist pant, so I figured that a 56 would have plenty of slack. This just barely, and I mean by less than an inch, fits me. The quality is good, and mine's solid black. I know I've seen other reviews that said that parts were plated, but my buckle is all black-no silver showing anywhere on the belt.

The latch seems to work fine, and I'd probably have gone four stars, maybe even 5, if the length had been as advertised.
on December 10, 2013
The buckle literally fell off my pants in the middle of the day at the office. Incredibly embarrassing.
thankfully I returned it without a problem.
on December 28, 2014
The web belt is very sturdy and well-made. It has a metal tip, which is better than the ones without. I think it looks better and protects the end from fraying.
I am wearing the belt every day and will be interested to see how the black matte finish on the buckle and tip holds up. I wonder if it might scratch off, but so far, not a problem. The finish is a nice alternative to the shiny silver or brass buckles, which I also have several of.
on September 16, 2014
I've had a Columbia web belt for some time and really like it, but it doesn't come in colors that I'd like. So, since this one comes in an assortment of colors, I thought I'd found what I wanted. What this belt really does is make me realize how good a belt the Columbia belt is. This one - not so much! The web fabric itself is very thin, so thin that it actually pulled loose from the "teeth" where you connect it to the buckle. And, if you've got the slightest belly overhang, don't count on this belt to stop your pants from folding over - it won't. On the positive side, it's a nice color, and it is a belt.