Truck Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Textbook Trade In Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on December 5, 2012
I have been collecting Broadway cast recordings since the mid-1960's. I have hundreds! I obviously will never get to New York to see this show. However, I greatly enjoyed the original cast recording. I thought that both Matthew Broderick and Kelli O'Hara did a superb job on this recording. With so many tracks on this recording, it is hard to believe they did anything but sing! For Gershwin fans, this recording is a "must-have"! The orchestrations certainly approach the quality level of the 20's and 30's. Having this many Gershwin songs on one CD is amazing! I heartily recommend this recording!
on November 23, 2012
In this era when intelligent music and lyrics seem to have taken a remote back seat to theatrical spectacle and design, the spirits of George and Ira Gershwin re-emerge to decisively demonstrate just how they once defined Broadway songwriting, with nearly two dozen Gershwin standards, lesser-known tunes, and excerpts from concert and orchestral opuses all seamlessly woven into a unified score. Matthew Broderick, Kelli O'Hara, Judy Kaye, Stanley Wayne Mathis, and Robyn Hurder all do the Gershwin classics impeccable justice, and David Chase's orchestrations brilliantly capture the spirit of 1920's Broadway while simultaneously sounding fresh (with occasional references to Duke Ellington and even Thelonious Monk, who came along two decades later). An absolute must for Gershwin devotees and fans of vintage American musical theater!
on November 29, 2012
Having seen the show the week it opened and as a big Kelli O'Hara fan I wanted to have the permanence offered by an original cast recording. As a bonus, 2 supporting cast members - the marvelous Judy Kaye and Michael McGrath but won supporting actors in a musical Tony award. Of course one can never have enough Gershwin music and his brother Ira's wonderful lyrics.
on February 3, 2013
This "new" musical was cobbled together from previous musicals of the Gershwins, so it's no surprised that some of their biggest hits are included. I enjoyed hearing some of their songs that I had never previously heard, and the recording is a good one. The reorchestrations were excellent. At times, there were too many of the same type of song one after another, something that the original works probably wouldn't have had. Still, the music and lyrics are by George and Ira Gershwin, and it's a good addition to anyone's musical theater library.
on February 13, 2013
Great score and Matthew Broderick is excellent. Funny and great singer too. The entire cast is in great voice and fun to listen to. I wish I could see it on Broadway..

I finally saw it and the cd is much better. The show is silly and like a 20's TV sitcom. Not well written.

The show is closing June 15 and the cd is much better so get it and enjoy the music.
on December 5, 2012
Excellent soundtrack; if you have seen the Broadway show, it brings you very good memories, and if you haven't seen it, the music and the story behind it are just good enough to buy the CD. Thanks to the excellent cast for their voices.
on March 20, 2013
I am a totally biased fan of George Gershwin.If you enjoyed Crazy for You or Girl Crazy as it has been referred to, you will like this.
Matthew Broderick surpassed my expectations ,the orchestral arrangment was brilliant with the clever use of piano & woodwind it made me feel happy. A musical has done well if you can come out whistling.
I will purchase other renditions of this as they become available his music is timeless
on February 17, 2013
This has wonderful Gershwin songs. Most are well known and most are snappy ones, which are my favorite. All the singers are good and I love Matthew Broderick . I have others he was in "The Producers" and The Music Man" including the DVDs. I recommend this for the great music and performers.
on September 25, 2012
This is one of the best shows of last season, but it has taken forever for the cast recording to come out -however, it was worth the wait! The show is fabulous, especially the amazing Kelli O'Hara. Great renditions of some of Gershwin's classics done right. Enjoy!
on June 20, 2014
I have not seen the play yet but since the music is by the Gershwins I know the soundtrack would be fun. I love the songs I already knew and the ones that are new to me. The cd is a pleasure to listen to.