Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 1 1/2" (38 mm) Nickel Free Single Prong Square Belt Buckle
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 9, 2013
Finally, I'm free of the hassle of department store belts that don't fit, are ugly, poor quality, and too expensive. This buckle let me make a very nice belt that fits perfectly and looks great at a very reasonable price. I added it to a belt (BS-40 Vintage Style Full Grain Genuine 100% Leather Distressed Style Snap on Belt Strap 1 1/2" Wide) and made a great set that fits perfectly and was much easier and less expensive than wading through the racks at a store. Cheers!
on September 2, 2015
I bought this specifically because my nickel allergy is so bad that i get oozing scabs reguardless of wheither or not I scratch at them, and they last for up to a week. I've had to throw out slacks because they were perminately stained from the ooze after it dripped on to them. So when I was looking for a new belt buckle I knew I needed a nickel free one. I found this, thought it was a good price, looked acceptable, why not? But damned if it doesn't have nickle in it! A smaller amount, but I still have sores on my stomach. I waited a month before writting this to be sure it wasn't a hold over from the last buckle, and nope, its not. This is a warning for anyone with bad allergies, this is not the belt buckle for you!
on July 7, 2013
It's heavy in the hand and nothing is flimsy or poorly constructed. It's a simple item done right that fits what it's meant to fit. So overall, pretty awesome belt buckle. I'm definitely buying my belts like this from now on (buying the belt and buckle separately to get exactly what I want)
on July 22, 2016
A tiny detail takes this buckle from "pretty cool" down to "really annoying". It should be easy for the manufacturer to fix, and I plan to fix mine with a little time with a hammer. Here's the scoop:

Like all good buckles, the prong (the part you put through the hole in your belt when you put the belt on) is dished a bit where it meets the frame (the rectangular part that makes up the outside of the buckle. But unlike other buckles, the tip of the prong is not also bent toward the frame. This small detail makes the belt difficult to remove at the end of the day, or any other time when removal of the belt seems like a good idea. Since the prong is not bent in this way it tends to stick in place, making belt removal a fiddly two hand operation.

This might seem like a small complaint, but daily annoyances build up over time, and if they also frustrate your spouse you've the annoyance squared. I've used this buckle for a little over two weeks and I can't WAIT for the weekend when I can go after this flaw with a wood block and a hammer. I hope I can fix it.

If it weren't for this problem this would be a four- or five-star product. The metal is nice and heavy, the finish is good and it is rubbing down in all the right ways with wear, as oiled brass should. I'd love to say I love it. But I can't, yet.
on October 17, 2015
Buckle broke after a little over a month use.
review image
on March 12, 2014
First of all, the product appears to be very well made and looks just like the picture. I've worn it for a few days now on a heavy duty belt that supports a lot of weight, in addition to my gut, and it is handling it very well.

The only downside is that the tip of the prong isn't shaped the same as traditional belt buckles so in order to remove the belt you must double the belt over itself and pull, then remove the prong. It took a few tries to figure out. Look at the picture of the product carefully to get a better idea of what I'm trying to say. This on it's own isn't really a downside, except that this does put a little more wear on your belt. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but I need this particular belt to be very stiff and this does seem like it would accelerate wear (not for sure yet though).
on April 4, 2016
I put it on a custom made belt. All I needed was a simple buckle that didn't bite into me when I sit down. This fit that description nicely. Comfortable enough to wear all the time and sturdy enough I expect it to last a long time too.
on February 13, 2016
So far, I like this buckle! It has a nice antique look, was easy to attach to the belt I purchased! I didn't give it 5 stars because I haven't had it long enough to tell if it's truly nickel free, but so far, it's GOOD! Will give an update!
on April 12, 2015
Nice heavy buckle, good looking and well-made. Five stars except that due to the shape of the tongue, once buckled it is nearly impossible to UN-buckle. You can't cinch it up tight but need to leave some slack to make unbuckling possible. Sorry, but would not recommend or buy again.
on December 30, 2013
When I first got this buckle in my hand I loved it. The look was exactly what I wanted and it has a nice, heavy construction.

My complaint (and why I rated this item 3 stars) is that I find this buckle makes the belt difficult to undo. Impossible you say? I would have said the same thing until I experienced it for myself. I found that as I was trying to take my belt off, the prong of the buckle hung onto the hole and didn't want to let go. I think the issue is that the tip of the prong bends upwards rather then bending down like all of my other belt buckles do. (It's tough to see in the item's picture, but if you look closely you can see that the prong bends in one smooth arc up rather then having a second bend at the tip.)

This may seem like a silly complaint, but why would I want to have a harder time taking off my belt then need be?

UPDATE:
I found another belt buckle with a similar look. It is well made and as includes the keeper as well.
1 1/2" (38 mm) Nickel Free Single Prong Square Belt Buckle Set