5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for some family time.
Published on November 23, 2011 by Melissa D. Monroy

1.0 out of 5 stars It's fun - if you are patient.
For no way to skip the annoying 5-minute intro about "moving your furniture" and tutorial: -2 stars -- the game forces you to watch the stupid video over and over. What fun is that?

Published on December 25, 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for some family time., November 23, 2011
Melissa D. Monroy (Kaiserslautern, Germany) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nickelodeon Dance - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I bought this game for my 3 year old as he tends to feel a little left out when my oldest plays on the kinect, and he loves it! I love that it is not your typical game, he has to be up and dancing along and there are different dance levels so my 9 year old even had abit of fun with the game(myself too). Im not a big game buff so I can't go on about graphics and such, but to us it is well worth the money as we don't have issues with the sensor not catching movements or anything else that may be a concern, it seems to be just right in that department. I don't really have any complaints about the game, it is a very adorable game and easy enough for my 3 year old to function and play.

5.0 out of 5 stars DANCE CENTRAL FOR PRE-SCHOOLERS, December 3, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nickelodeon Dance - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This game is ADORABLE. My mom bought it for my 3 year old daughter who has been trying very hard to keep up with Just Dance, and Dance Central. This game is PERFECT. The beginner dances are just-right and she follows along pretty well. Great for Pre-Schoolers, they will just need help with changing the songs and navigating the menu. I was impressed at how easy it is to follow along with Dora and all their other favorite characters. The songs are cute (think Dora and Diego and Backyardigans theme songs). My daughter's favorite songs to dance to are the ones by the Fresh Beat Band. It's Dance Central, but for little ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dora makes me feel fat, December 28, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nickelodeon Dance - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Great game for the kids and great exercise for them as well. I gave it a shot and Dora has made me realize that it is time to exercise more because after a short round or two I sounded like a fat kid needing an inhaler.

The kids love this and I do not see why any kid wouldn't unless they just do not like the choice of toons used in the dancing.
Easy for anyone to pick up on and enjoy and is just a healthy, fun activity that you won't feel bad letting your kids play, which is a rarity when it comes to video games.

They need to do a dance video for older "kids" like myself featuring toons from my generation. I could get down with GI Joe, He-Man, and Strawberry Shortcake for sure!

1.0 out of 5 stars It's fun - if you are patient., December 25, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nickelodeon Dance - Xbox 360 (Video Game)

For the vicious cycle of "No Gamer Profile Found. Do you wish to sign in?", then signing in, and getting "No Gamer Profile Found" again: -2 stars. Because of this, we had to choose to disable saving of the progress, which in turn, forces you to watch the 5 minute stupid intro over again!

For not adjusting the tilt (it's for small kids, you know): -1 star. For comparison, try Fruit Ninja - it handles different player heights much better. The feet are cut off as a result.

This game is a huge disappointment, because instead of dancing, we've spent more time watching the annoying tutorial and waving hands to no avail. The dance part itself is well done, though -- if you can get to that point.

4.0 out of 5 stars A blast for our family, January 3, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nickelodeon Dance - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This was one of 3 kinect games our 5 year old daughter got for Christmas this year and I have to say, I think we've had the most fun with this one. If your kids are older (8 +) then this probably is not the game for you. But if you have kids that are pre-school/kindergarten age then it should be perfect. The dance moves are not that difficult - think step side to side, fist pumps, jump in a circle - and the game is pretty forgiving in assigning points for accuracy. Our dog occasionally gets recognized as a player and she always gets one star just for wagging her tail and panting. The song selection is not too fabulous, but if your kid is a regular view of Nick Jr then it will be a list of songs they know. Each song has the lyrics on the screen along with 3 Nick Jr characters to follow along with. I enjoy the Backyardigans songs the most because I like to dance with Pablo because, as you know if you watch the show, he is the best dancer. This game will completely wear you out if you actually get into it. I've noticed it's the one game my husband and I are pretty much always willing to get up and dance along with our daughter for a few songs and then the other will step in for a few minutes. Other games are sometimes a bit harder to get one of us up off our rumps.

One other good thing about this game: it's very easy for players to jump in and out of play. After each song it allows for more players or different players to hop into the game without and changing of profiles or other annoying stuff you run into with some games.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really cute, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nickelodeon Dance - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I ordered this game for my younger children age 4 & 6. They love it, they love to see their favorite characters and dance to their favorite Nickelodeon songs. I feel it's much more appropriate for their age group than the more grown up dance games music and moves. A thumbs up!

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh God This is an Annoying Game, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Nickelodeon Dance - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Here's what I want the Nickelodeon Dance series to do. I want to turn it on. I want it to start playing songs and having various Nick Jr. characters dance. And then I want to let my three-year old dance and have fun while I go read the paper.

Here's the reality. I need to stand there the whole time making 50 different choices to make it work, and then listen to Dora tell my kid 100 times that he's not standing in the right space.

The people who built this must feel like kids are actually going to care about the scoring methodology for their dance competition. Maybe that makes them feel better about their lives, that their coding a computer game for three year olds to dance with a computer-generated Twist from the Fresh Beat Band. BUT NO ONE CARES.

They should treat this like a DVD of dancing Nick characters and just let it play. Would be much better.

2.0 out of 5 stars very frustrating for a gramma and her 3 year old grandson, December 30, 2011
This review is from: Nickelodeon Dance - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
The good: the game has the adorable Nickelodeon characters and songs my grandson loves.

The bad: My main problem is that when my grandson is standing and ready to dance, the game puts him in charge of controlling selections. It doesn't realize that he doesn't read yet and can't pick anything, nor does he understand how to make selections. So I have to spend a few minutes trying to get him to sit down and then have the game recognize me as the one in charge.

the ugly: Also the tutorial is too long, and we haven't been able to figure out how to skip it yet. Why couldn't they just create an option within the tutorial to skip the tutorial like other games have? Seems like 2K rushed this game to finish and didn't test it properly

3.0 out of 5 stars Nickelodeon Dance doesn't quite live up to expectations IMHO, December 15, 2011
This review is from: Nickelodeon Dance - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Took a little while for my kids to get in to this (an 8yr and a 2yo) but they're having fun with it now. Only 2 items that make me give this a low mark.
First, the Kinect doesn't seem to track very well with this one...works great on our other games but this one is so-so at best.
Secondly it doesn't let you skip the 5+ minutes of intro at the beginning every time...or at least we haven't stumbled across it yet...if I do I'll come back and add/update this review.
These aside, it's "OK" but I have to wonder if perhaps one of the other dance packages may have been more to their liking? Especially the oldest (8yo is a girl and she keeps comparing it to a wii dance game that is better...it is too).
I'd probably give this a 2.5 star rating but ya can't ;-)
Watch for it on sale...that's that I did too.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK game... not the most user friendly, January 1, 2013
El Dorado (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nickelodeon Dance - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
The game is ok for kids and has a good variety of sound tracks for kids. I have had no problem with 2 kids playing together. The kinect sensor is able to identify and record the movements clearly. My only problem is with the initial 5 minute tutorial that one has to go through every time you start the game - whether you're a new user or an existing user. Even if you create a sign in and you've played the game before, it goes through the entire tutorial. Otherwise an ok game to try.

Nickelodeon Dance - Xbox 360