Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$20.77+ $3.99 shipping

on March 31, 2011
BUYER BEWARE! Retro Disc International CDs are simply BOOTLEGS from Germany (sourced from vinyl). Completely unauthorized/unlicensed pirates!
on December 16, 2012
Hudson and Ford - Nickelodeon, A&M Records (1973)

Best known as 2 key members in the folk / prog outfit THE STAWBS and the 70's punk band THE MONKS ...yes the same dudes who played "Drugs In My Pocket" their debut album "Nickelodeon" is a long lost gem from the 70's. John Ford (bass) and Richard Husdon (drums) left the Strawbs and recorded this album in 1974 grabbing Yes' keyboardist RICK WAKEMAN for this short stint. The end result was a well crafted and highly memorable album with some very strong songs and musical highlites. Sitar fans will love the inclusion of this instrument on this recording as well! The album is quite varied actually and ranges from powerpop to folk to Beatle'esque moments (ie. "I wanted you" ). I actaully dont think this recording has even been officially released on CD which is too bad for those who dont still have a turntable.
on April 23, 2015
This CD is based on the UK version of the vinyl album, which means that Burn Baby Burn, the best track on the US version, isn't on it (or on any of the other Hudson Ford CDs from this manufacturer, unfortunately). Of the songs that are here, Dark Lord is good. The rest of the CD is only OK at best.
on June 9, 2011
As a great fan of the Strawbs, I purchased the original Hudson-Ford and Dave Cousins
lps as soon as they appeared, and have retained them and a number of other lps simply because they were never issued on cd. As much mediocre stuff as HAS returned, when something HASN'T there must be a reason. Other than contractual
problems, the reason is usually that the material is pretty thin. Indeed, there are about 5-6 songs worth listening to on the three albums combined, and none of them come close to Hudson and Ford's compositions on the Strawbs' 'Bursting' and 'Grave
New World' albums. Dave Cousins' "Suddenly Last Summer" is no great find either.
If you like the genre, stick to the Strawbs reissues; the notes by Dave Cousins are especially enlightening. It's also difficult but possible to find a DVD of their
"Grave New World" movie which is a real 'blast from the past'.
on April 5, 2015
Had this back in the 70's In album form
lost through several moves-glad to have it back in the collection !!!
on November 14, 2014
great record
on March 5, 2011
Ever since 1984, when I bought my first CD and was enjoying the fact that I wasn't hearing snaps and crackles like from a vinyl LP, and I wasn't hearing inherent hiss like from a cassette tape, I was now hearing music as if the artist was right in my room.

But, even then, I was expecting that not every artist was going to be re-issued on to a compact disc format. There were surprises. I actually started collecting CD's from Jean Michel Jarre (France), Mike Oldfield (England), and Klaus Schulze (Germany) and these artists represented what a great sound concept the compact disc was going to do to music. In 1984, The Beatles weren't even available yet on CD (except a determined illegal release of Abbey Road from Japan), so I was already thinking that the Strawbs would probably never be released on CD here in America anyway. But, back in 1988, I did start collecting my first Strawbs CD's from a Compact Disc store in San Francisco that sold very expensive import CD's. And I must have spent nearly $400 that day on just a handful of CD's. I remember that day well because it was an exciting day for adding royalty to my CD collection. I never knew these were even available on CD and I never would have if I didn't go to San Francisco that day. We didn't have the Internet then, so of course, there was no way I could have known.

So that day, I bought "From The Witchwood", "Just a Collection of Antiques and Curios", "Grave New World", and "Bursting at the Seams" all from Strawbs, and I also bought "Journey to The Centre of the Earth", "The Myths and Legends of King Arthur", "Lisztomania", "Criminal Record", and "Rhapsodies" by Rick Wakeman. ("Rhapsodies costed me almost seventy dollars because it was released as a double CD, but yet, it could have all fitted on one CD. 64 minutes, anyway...) All these CD's were released by A&M Records, manufactured by Pony Canyon Inc, Japan. Oh what a great day that was for me. I never spent so much on CD's in just one day ever since that day.

But today, a new exciting chapter enters my CD purchasing agenda. Another rather expensive CD purchasing day, and I never thought this day would happen. For many years now, I've been saying that I have all my favorite albums on compact disc. Except three! For as long as it took for the Strawbs to get their albums released on CD, I figured they'd probably think that Hudson-Ford would not be worthy of being re-issued onto the CD format. I remember downloading a few tracks back in the old Napster days when practically anything was available to download, but many of those MP3's sounded like crackly vinyl LP versions. But, to me, it was better than nothing.

Just the other day, I read a comment under my review of the Strawbs "Nomadness" CD (the Australian CD version), and a fellow reviewer told me that Hudson-Ford CD's are available. This was very exciting to know. So, I investigated it right away, and I found the CD's. But Jeez, are they expensive. They are German imports. But, I didn't care about the price. I had to get these CD's from Hudson-Ford. "Nickelodeon", "Free Spirit", and "Worlds Collide." I even ordered their fourth album on CD that I wasn't aware of, called "Daylight."

I'm looking forward to when these CD's arrive. If you're a Strawbs fan, like me, then, you'll need to order these CD's soon. Because, it looks like the stores that still have them, only have a few copies left. I hope you enjoyed my review. You probably have a similar story yourself about your love for the Strawbs, and Hudson-Ford.